BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

BPM

12-21-2009, 02:18 PM   #1
zuschnell
Captain
Rep
Drives: '19 m5, '18 991.2 gt3,

excited future owner!!!

Hello all,

Wanted to THANK all of you for the info and experiences you've provided on this post. They've been invaluable. What a great community! Been a long time reader and this is my first post...

Also wanted to share that I am about to start the process of buying a new e90 m3 for euro delivery. I'm getting married in July and my fiance and I are picking up the m3 in Germany to kick off our honeymoon (her idea, I swear!). I can't even begin to tell you how excited I am!!!!!! Been dreaming about an m3 since I first saw one in 1993. Don't get me wrong, I'm excited about getting married too! I'm almost too excited to function...

Anyway, in a little over six months (plus shipping time back to the states...), you'll see another SG e90 with FR interior on the road. And shortly after that, I'll probably be picking your brains on mods!!! Any advice on ED would greatly be appreciated!
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2009, 02:21 PM   #2
skim
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 Z4MC

nice congrats
i can really feel the excitement =)
      12-21-2009, 02:58 PM   #3
immiketoo
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Smoothly

Congrats! I have done ED twice in the last year, and I can tell you a few things. Take the factory tour, and take the time to see the museum. After that, it depends how long you will be there and what your priorities are. Neuschwanstein in Austria is highly recommended even though its a bit touristy, and Garmish/Partinkirchen is a great place to stay for a few days. Salzburg is another excellent honeymoon destination, especially if you like Mozart or the history surrounding him. Red Bull Hangar 7 is also there and is totally cool. PM if you want more detailed info!

Quote:
Originally Posted by double eagle View Post
Thickness feels good to me and my hands aren't that big.
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2009, 03:05 PM   #4
ersin
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17 YMB F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by zuschnell View Post
... picking up the m3 in Germany to kick off our honeymoon (her idea, I swear!).
I see those hypnotism lessons have been paying off.

Congrats.
      12-21-2009, 03:31 PM   #5
trucheli
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 Porsche 911 GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by immiketoo View Post
Congrats! I have done ED twice in the last year, and I can tell you a few things. Take the factory tour, and take the time to see the museum. After that, it depends how long you will be there and what your priorities are. Neuschwanstein in Austria is highly recommended even though its a bit touristy, and Garmish/Partinkirchen is a great place to stay for a few days. Salzburg is another excellent honeymoon destination, especially if you like Mozart or the history surrounding him. Red Bull Hangar 7 is also there and is totally cool. PM if you want more detailed info!
I have done ED 3 years in a row as well and I would like to correct you about Neuschwanstein castle. It is located in Germany not in Austria.

I would recommend the OP to head down to Italy and start with Venice, Florence, pass by Pisa on the way to Cinque Terre and pass by Isla Marguerita and Portofino on the way to Varenna in Lake Como, once there you can visit Bellagio and then back to Munich. I think this is the perfect itinerary for your honeymoon. PM me if you want more detailed information. In all these places your vehicle will be safe so you can enjoy your time and the culture. And as a final gift I would fly via Paris so you can do a stop over on the way back to the states.

European Delivery is the only way to purchase a BMW.

You'll love it!!
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2009, 03:33 PM   #6
M3 vert
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: F10 M5, E93 M3, '12 750ix

Quote:
Originally Posted by ersin View Post
I see those hypnotism lessons have been paying off.

Congrats.

Congratulations
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2009, 10:02 PM   #7
thetoecutter
Rep
Drives: 2010 E90 M3

Nice color choice. Sometimes I find myself looking out the window just to check out how freakin awesome it looks. Ahhhhhhhh.....

Congrats.
      12-21-2009, 11:26 PM   #8
SpencerM3
Sauce
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 SSII E90 M3

Awesome honeymoon! Congrats, she's a keeper! (wife and the car)
2009 E90 M3 | Silverstone II | Black Novillo | HRE P40's | Akrapovic Exhaust | Eibach Pro Kit | Jet Black Kidney Grilles | SSII Side Reflectors | SSII Side Gills | LUX H8 Angel Eyes | Macht Schnell Filter | Tecnocraft Envy Charge Pipe

"M3 drivers have no friends." - Jeremy Clarkson
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2009, 12:12 AM   #9
johnL
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e46 M3

Congrats!!!
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2009, 12:17 AM   #10
Definitive
definitivecars.com
United_States
Rep
Drives: Elsa - 2015 F80 M3 - YMB/SS

Garage List
Congrats! In about 6 months time I will be taking delivery of my e90 but stateside.

Is the SG a euro color only? Individual? I thought it was gone...

D
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2009, 12:27 AM   #11
spyderco10
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW E92 M3 6MT

congratulations on the marriage
- John 3:16
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2009, 12:36 AM   #12
ocgasman
Private
Rep

Congrats! Love the color choices... I second italy as the destination after welt, trucheli's itinerary seems perfect. In fact, maybe it's time for an anniversary trip back to italy...
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2009, 01:02 AM   #13
10M3MAN
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 Nissan Altima SER

Im in the same boat (well with the M3) Getting my AW with FR interior via Euro Delivery next May... congrats...
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2009, 09:44 AM   #14
zuschnell
Captain
Rep
Drives: '19 m5, '18 991.2 gt3,

Thanks guys!

We are planning to go down to Italy. Haven't quite decided if we want to stop in Milan or go to Florence, but we will be making our way down to Cinque Terra. Then we are going to drive back up the french riviera with a stop in Monaco/Nice before finishing in Paris. I can't wait!

How early do you guys think I need to secure a delivery date at the Welt?
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2009, 10:30 AM   #15
trucheli
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by zuschnell View Post
Thanks guys!

We are planning to go down to Italy. Haven't quite decided if we want to stop in Milan or go to Florence, but we will be making our way down to Cinque Terra. Then we are going to drive back up the french riviera with a stop in Monaco/Nice before finishing in Paris. I can't wait!

How early do you guys think I need to secure a delivery date at the Welt?
Skip Milan, Florence is the place to go. Check out Villa Fiesole http://www.villafiesole.it/
The minimum time to place your order is 30 days before delivery date at the Welt, but I would do it 40 days in advance.
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2009, 01:07 PM   #16
ocgasman
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by trucheli View Post
Skip Milan, Florence is the place to go. Check out Villa Fiesole http://www.villafiesole.it/
The minimum time to place your order is 30 days before delivery date at the Welt, but I would do it 40 days in advance.
Also agree to skip Milan. I have to kindly disagree with the villafiesole. Too far from florence if you wanna see and stay in florence. My vote goes to http://www.residenzadelmoro.com/. I've stayed in amazing 5 star hotels and this place is the best of them all and not by a close margin. However, parking in florence might be problematic. Anyway, it doesn't really matter as long as you and your new bride are together having a good time. Congrats again.
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2009, 01:08 PM   #17
PoorMan
Hello my name is...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 M3 6MT

Good for you! Congrats! Have a fun and safe trip as well.
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2009, 05:10 PM   #18
trucheli
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocgasman View Post
Also agree to skip Milan. I have to kindly disagree with the villafiesole. Too far from florence if you wanna see and stay in florence. My vote goes to http://www.residenzadelmoro.com/. I've stayed in amazing 5 star hotels and this place is the best of them all and not by a close margin. However, parking in florence might be problematic. Anyway, it doesn't really matter as long as you and your new bride are together having a good time. Congrats again.
Is a 15 minute bus ride too far from Florence? My wife and I loved the location and the honeymoon suite. I left my car in the Hotel with free parking and took the bus. At night we've enjoyed the local restaurants around Fiesole. I don't think you can't beat this view when you wake up in the morning or when you come back at night.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0