BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 vs....

Mporium BMW

04-19-2010, 11:45 AM   #1
jbohanon
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW E92 M3

E9x M3 VS. 2010 Camaro SS

Where do I even start on this one?

Couple of my favorite quotes:

"bmw=Big Money Wasted need I say more?"

"I find the typically BMW buyer quirky or odd. Not all, but enough that you take notice."

"It's true, the extra 5mph the M3 is getting is nothing to sneeze at.....but the LS3 can EASILY be modded to smash the BWM."

http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/2010-c...ss-camaro.html
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2010, 12:45 PM   #2
SUB-ZERO
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 + Spur, DB11, F12, X5

Comparing the Camaro to the M3 is like comparing Britney Spears to Sandra Bullock. They both may be about the same in the sack but which one will you actually take home? Marry? Meet the parents? LOL.

Anyone can make a car go fast in a straight line. I would bet my testicles that the Camaro will never compete with an M3 on anything other than a straight line. Now, if you "live your life 1/4 mile at a time", go for the Camaro. If you enjoy driving at a track, back roads, etc, then I recommend you go for the M3.

If you want prestige, get the M3.

If you want a combination of performance and luxury, get the M3.

If you want a quick car that will not break the bank get a Camaro.

However, don't expect to get what the M3 offers in a Camaro...really c'mon.

If you want to paste Transformer stickers on your car, get the Camaro.

Maybe you should get a yellow Camaro and call it Bumble Bee....oh wait..nevermind. Might as well get a Charger and make it into a Decepticon...oh wait...nevermind.

Actually, for the price of the M3, you can get a Camaro and a Charger and that way you can have the Transformer theme thing going.

Oh BTW, most BMW drivers, especially those who own ///M cars may seem a little quirky to those in the Chevy fan club. I mean, the Chevy boys always seem a bit off to me too (especially that whole John Deer hat thing).

Just my two cents. Cross shopping these two cars makes as much sense as shopping for a wife at a whore house.

-SZ
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2010, 05:38 PM   #3
jbohanon
Rep

Well put SZ... I couldn't have said it better myself.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2010, 10:56 PM   #4
Sincity
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M3 vs C63-undecided.EDIT: C63

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUB-ZERO View Post
Comparing the Camaro to the M3 is like comparing Britney Spears to Sandra Bullock. They both may be about the same in the sack but which one will you actually take home? Marry? Meet the parents? LOL.

Just my two cents. Cross shopping these two cars makes as much sense as shopping for a wife at a whore house.

-SZ
Well said.

Kleemanized C63
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2010, 11:12 PM   #5
Nawaaz
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: .

That entire post from SZ gets my vote for post of the year!

(except the last line was kinda' out of place )
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2010, 06:19 AM   #6
IE#02
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: e92 M3 / e46 M3 / R35 GTR

i hired a car at LAX the other day. Every second car in the lot was a Camaro lol. I took a kia instead.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2010, 10:29 AM   #7
sikoskul
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 18 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by IE#02 View Post
i hired a car at LAX the other day. Every second car in the lot was a Camaro lol. I took a kia instead.
LOL, cmon, if I had to choose between a camaro and a kia, I'd take the camaro in a quick second.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2010, 10:40 AM   #8
jbohanon
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sikoskul View Post
LOL, cmon, if I had to choose between a camaro and a kia, I'd take the camaro in a quick second.
lol. I'd take the Kia for the exact reason that Top Gear (Clarkson) says all M3 drivers are Cocks. If you drove past the cock-o-meter in a Camaro, well... you get the idea. I think what gets me the most about the Camaro guys is that they are spending 30K+ on a car and drive it / act like it's a Ferrari. Get real...
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2010, 10:50 AM   #9
e46e92love
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 ///M3; X3 (wife's)

Quote:

-SZ
So you are saying the relationship my wife and I have is based on nonsense?

Cheers,
e46e92

"...it's not about the money and not about the brand of the car, it's about handling,performance and passion......And that, no other car has all together like an M3........when you talk about the most complete car the M is invincible." --Tony Kanaan.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2010, 12:23 PM   #10
SUB-ZERO
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by e46e92love View Post
So you are saying the relationship my wife and I have is based on nonsense?

Cheers,
e46e92
You get what you pay for

-SZ
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2010, 12:25 PM   #11
SUB-ZERO
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nawaaz View Post
That entire post from SZ gets my vote for post of the year!

(except the last line was kinda' out of place )
Hey, it was an extreme example but it gets the point across.

Did not intend to offend anyone.

-SZ
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2010, 12:45 PM   #12
stevehifi
Captain
Rep
Drives: 17 F80 M3 ZCP

Believe it or not, I went through the f-body phase (2 camaros-95 and 02 z28s, 2 transams- 97 and 99 WS6s). They were solid cars and the ls1 motor was a stout piece FOR THEIR TIME. They were cheap horsepower and handled reasonably well. So it was a great value.

Then I bought my used $9000 e30 m3 and finally discovered how a car should handle. From that point on came the EVOs, the Z4 M Coupe and now the E90 M3.

I don't care how close GM gets to copying the sport sedan (and I've driven their latest CTS-V, which is a great car).

Still nothing from GM/Ford/Chrysler can dethrone BMW as the ultimate sport sedan. In this respect, you get what you pay for...
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2010, 12:59 PM   #13
bobbyd1961
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2009 M3 sedan LeMans Blue

Quote:

Anyone can make a car go fast in a straight line. I would bet my testicles that the Camaro will never compete with an M3 on anything other than a straight line. Now, if you "live your life 1/4 mile at a time", go for the Camaro. If you enjoy driving at a track, back roads, etc, then I recommend you go for the M3.

If you want to paste Transformer stickers on your car, get the Camaro.

Maybe you should get a yellow Camaro and call it Bumble Bee....oh wait..nevermind. Might as well get a Charger and make it into a Decepticon...oh wait...nevermind.

Actually, for the price of the M3, you can get a Camaro and a Charger and that way you can have the Transformer theme thing going.

Oh BTW, most BMW drivers, especially those who own ///M cars may seem a little quirky to those in the Chevy fan club. I mean, the Chevy boys always seem a bit off to me too (especially that whole John Deer hat thing).

-SZ
Britney hands down!
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2010, 01:12 PM   #14
saeedg48
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Porsche 991.1 GT3

Don't get me started.

2015 Porsche 991.1 GT3
2015 F80 M3 -- Individual; Space Grey
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2010, 05:34 PM   #15
alms21
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '10 GT-R

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbohanon View Post
lol. I'd take the Kia for the exact reason that Top Gear (Clarkson) says all M3 drivers are Cocks. If you drove past the cock-o-meter in a Camaro, well... you get the idea. I think what gets me the most about the Camaro guys is that they are spending 30K+ on a car and drive it / act like it's a Ferrari. Get real...
....and there are M3 guys that think they are driving a Lambo....and Vette guys that think they are driving a Veyron...and so on and so on.

Every brand has their share of "those kind".

At the end of the day guys, it's different strokes for different folks. There are those that could afford an M3 and still opt for the Camaro SS; those that can't and wish they could and those that can't and wouldn't if they could. What's wrong with having different tastes? I have a client that I would guarantee has more scratch (a net worth in the mid 8 figures) than 99% of the people on here and he drives a Ford 350 p/u; a Z06 Vette; a five year old E Class Benz and a New Camaro SS. The guy could afford 15 M3's if he wanted to but won't own a single one because it isn't his style.

I will be getting back into something more edgy in Jan/Feb and those that are high on the shortlist are a Z06, a C6Grand Sport, GT-R or an M3 coupe.......in no particular order....I know, it's quite a mix but I will never be called a fanboi of ANY particular brand.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2010, 09:47 PM   #16
jbohanon
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by alms21 View Post
....and there are M3 guys that think they are driving a Lambo....and Vette guys that think they are driving a Veyron...and so on and so on.

True to a certain extent. I find that most of the M3/RS4/C63 and or fast Sedan / Coupe owners also have their weekend toy. I for one use my M as a daily driver and save the Porsche for the weekend. Your client being an exception, *most* of the Mustang and or Camaro guys out there, can only afford one car and they do sometimes think they have a Veyron.

I'm not knocking people that can't afford high end cars and or for that matter anyone that wants a Camaro, etc.. by choice. Just don't get ridiculously cocky about it. At the end of the day, it's still a plastic American piece of garbage and as SZ so eloquently put it "Go play Transformers"...
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2010, 10:25 PM   #17
RevFreak14
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 E92 M3 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbohanon View Post
True to a certain extent. I find that most of the M3/RS4/C63 and or fast Sedan / Coupe owners also have their weekend toy. I for one use my M as a daily driver and save the Porsche for the weekend. Your client being an exception, *most* of the Mustang and or Camaro guys out there, can only afford one car and they do sometimes think they have a Veyron.

I'm not knocking people that can't afford high end cars and or for that matter anyone that wants a Camaro, etc.. by choice. Just don't get ridiculously cocky about it. At the end of the day, it's still a plastic American piece of garbage and as SZ so eloquently put it "Go play Transformers"...

This is like comparing the M3 to a Ferrari F430. In fact I think the M3 is closer to the F430 than the Camaro is to the M3. Muscle cars are just shit boxes with big engines intended to go fast in a straight line. That's about all American muscle cars are good for (ZR1 excluded, I drove it and it handles great)
99 Lexus GS400 - Gone
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2010, 05:27 AM   #18
alms21
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '10 GT-R

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevFreak14 View Post
This is like comparing the M3 to a Ferrari F430. In fact I think the M3 is closer to the F430 than the Camaro is to the M3. Muscle cars are just shit boxes with big engines intended to go fast in a straight line. That's about all American muscle cars are good for (ZR1 excluded, I drove it and it handles great)

You are seriously going to say a $60K M3 is closer to a $200K F430 than a $40K Camaro is to the $60K M3? GTFO with that nonsense.

Last edited by alms21; 04-21-2010 at 12:20 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2010, 08:21 AM   #19
SUB-ZERO
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:

At the end of the day guys, it's different strokes for different folks. There are those that could afford an M3 and still opt for the Camaro SS; those that can't and wish they could and those that can't and wouldn't if they could. What's wrong with having different tastes? I have a client that I would guarantee has more scratch (a net worth in the mid 8 figures) than 99% of the people on here and he drives a Ford 350 p/u; a Z06 Vette; a five year old E Class Benz and a New Camaro SS. The guy could afford 15 M3's if he wanted to but won't own a single one because it isn't his style.

I will be getting back into something more edgy in Jan/Feb and those that are high on the shortlist are a Z06, a C6Grand Sport, GT-R or an M3 coupe.......in no particular order....I know, it's quite a mix but I will never be called a fanboi of ANY particular brand.
I would go with an M3 coupe or GTR.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2010, 09:57 AM   #20
spearfisher
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: C6 ZO6

Quote:

respect
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2010, 02:43 PM   #21
Sincity
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M3 vs C63-undecided.EDIT: C63

Quote:
I have a client that I would guarantee has more scratch (a net worth in the mid 8 figures) than 99% of the people on here and he drives a Ford 350 p/u; a Z06 Vette; a five year old E Class Benz and a New Camaro SS.
Is the Benz a fluke? Everything else in his stable screams Detroit. I find that a lot of people with money (8 figure +) are the ones that do not look like they have money.

Kleemanized C63
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2010, 03:28 PM   #22
shchow
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2010 CTS-V sedan, black raven

Usually the people with 8-9 figure net worth are OLDER.
It takes time to accumulate that wealth. And their priorities are different.
They have the 10 million dollar mansion, the 30k Patek, and the villa on the beach/island and the yacht instead, and are usually out of the age demographic for an M3.
Not everyone is a car enthusiast.
If we're going to start throwing out whom we are loosely associated with, I have a friend who is easily worth more than 9 figures and he drives a Suburban.