BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

BPM

05-11-2015, 01:57 PM   #1
onutsguy
Rep
Drives: 2012 LeMans Blue M3

Brembo GT Caliper Rebuild Kits

So, while swapping back to street pads after an awesome first weekend with the "new to me" E92 M3 at Road America, I noticed my front caliper seals are starting to crack and deteriorate. The brake kit is roughly 3 years old and sees maybe 5 to 7 track events per year.....

I was astonished that no one seems to stock or sell the Brembo GT caliper seal rebuild kits, like they do for almost every other brake caliper made. Several of the places I called were going to check with their Brembo representative, but wern't sure on availabilty at all.

My question is where have you guys been able to locate the rebuild kits, or did you have to special order them? I need both front 6 piston and rear 4 piston kits.... Just the seals, not the pistons.....

Thanks for any help you can lend!

Cheers,
Scott

2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT
2012 BMW M3
1990 BMW M3
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2015, 12:02 PM   #2
Cloud9blue
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: around the potholes

Quote:
Originally Posted by onutsguy View Post
So, while swapping back to street pads after an awesome first weekend with the "new to me" E92 M3 at Road America, I noticed my front caliper seals are starting to crack and deteriorate. The brake kit is roughly 3 years old and sees maybe 5 to 7 track events per year.....

I was astonished that no one seems to stock or sell the Brembo GT caliper seal rebuild kits, like they do for almost every other brake caliper made. Several of the places I called were going to check with their Brembo representative, but wern't sure on availabilty at all.

My question is where have you guys been able to locate the rebuild kits, or did you have to special order them? I need both front 6 piston and rear 4 piston kits.... Just the seals, not the pistons.....

Cheers,
Scott
It might just be the dust boot you are looking at; seals are typically buried inside the caliper, so you don't see them unless you pull the piston out completely.

Burnt/cracked dust boots happens all the time on tracked cars, but they won't hurt the brake performance to the slightest bit.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2015, 12:30 AM   #3
Performance Eurowerks
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by onutsguy View Post

Cheers,
Scott
Hey Scott,

We've assisted our clients with rebuilding their Brembo calipers using solely original rebuild hardware from Brembo. Let us know if we can ever assist you with allocating parts.

Also, we're signed up for a few Road America events, so hopefully we cross paths one of these days.

Alex
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2015, 10:32 AM   #4
Hujan
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

OP, I agree it sounds like you are referring to the external dust seals. I believe these are significantly easier to repair than the internal seals.

I would consider giving Race Technologies a call. They are the North American distributor for all things Brembo and are basically Brembo's U.S. operations for all intents and purposes. If they can't help you, no one can.

http://www.racetechnologies.com
Appreciate 0