BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 vs....

03-04-2009, 11:35 AM   #265
kmac1980
Major
Rep
Drives: '19 540xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by likestogofast View Post
No... can you car jump over a 5 rail fence with no ramp and a running start of about 10mph
yes.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2009, 12:11 PM   #266
likestogofast
Old Fart
Rep
Drives: e92 M3 6MT... My Beater

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmac1980 View Post
yes.
yea but the horse clears the fence and gets to the other side...
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2009, 12:47 PM   #267
Driver72
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 335i - to new owners now.

Wow, it's amazing that you know who is still around. He gets temporarily banned and comes back and is still causing issues.
Amazing how some people get banned for saying one bad thing and the ban never gets lifted, then others cause all kinds of trouble time and time again, but only get a temporary banning, allowed to come back then start all kinds of trouble again, yet are allowed to STICK around. :

Is it donations that makes a difference?

You guys should just all learn to ignore him, then maybe he won't STICK around anymore, since it's apparent no matter how much he stirs the pot with everybody he doesn't get banned for good.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2009, 01:21 PM   #268
likestogofast
Old Fart
Rep
Drives: e92 M3 6MT... My Beater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driver72 View Post
Wow, it's amazing that you know who is still around. He gets temporarily banned and comes back and is still causing issues.
Amazing how some people get banned for saying one bad thing and the ban never gets lifted, then others cause all kinds of trouble time and time again, but only get a temporary banning, allowed to come back then start all kinds of trouble again, yet are allowed to STICK around. :

You guys should just all learn to ignore him, then maybe he won't STICK around anymore, since it's apparent no matter how much he stirs the pot with everybody he doesn't get banned for good.
I am curious... who?
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2009, 05:57 PM   #269
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 Jerez DCT M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer Loyalist View Post
As much as I keep harking on Footie for being pro-Audi, you're not doing much better with this tone. Lighten up on the Bavarian kool-aid.
Called reality.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2009, 05:58 PM   #270
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmac1980 View Post
Footie, you're delusional at this point if you think you will convince Sticky of any of these things....

He would argue any bmw product will spank anything else essentially, he probably feels an old Z3 2.5i will destroy a TT-RS too, let him believe that...
I'm almost delusional enough to think this is an M3 alternative, what a joke, just like the TT-RS.

I'm impressed with how it stacks up to an E46 M3.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2009, 06:00 PM   #271
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:

I love how you are obsessed with me.

Causing issues, discussing the topic, right? It would not matter what was written you would always be on the opposite side due to your insecurity of being so far down the totem poll.

Like your little hater posts all over the forum about ME which are designed to be constructive, right? Stay where you belong little guy We are discussing M3's here.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2009, 06:19 PM   #272
mixja
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 DCT Silverstone

The TT-RS is too close to M3 performance in terms of factory claimed times to ignore it and write it off as unable to compete with the E90/E92 M3. In a straight line, it's going to be a close race all the way up to probably 120MPH or even further.

On the track, the TT-RS has a weight advantage and we don't know as yet its handling characteristics, but if we use the TT-S as a baseline, it should be pretty good. It also has a torque advantage so driven to its strengths, I'd pick it will be able to be the match of the M3 on many tracks.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2009, 06:22 PM   #273
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixja View Post
The TT-RS is too close to M3 performance in terms of factory claimed times to ignore it and write it off as unable to compete with the E90/E92 M3. In a straight line, it's going to be a close race all the way up to probably 120MPH or even further.

On the track, the TT-RS has a weight advantage and we don't know as yet its handling characteristics, but if we use the TT-S as a baseline, it should be pretty good. It also has a torque advantage so driven to its strengths, I'd pick it will be able to be the match of the M3 on many tracks.
What in the world are you basing that on? It will be a close race with an E46 M3.

The E92 M3 with DCT is 4 tenths off a 911 turbo around Laguna Seca. 4 tenths, do you get that? The 911 turbo has MUCH more power, and has AWD with MUCH more torque. The M3 makes up the distance in the corners. If you actually take a look at any of the best handling tests the M3 has competed in, it is on a level that is simply the industry standard. Are you saying the TT-RS is going to perform like a 911 turbo? No, it isn't, people put way too much stock in this thing. The weak figures posted should have been the end of it.

Considering the M3 also beats the facelift 911 around Laguna Seca, which is a MUCH faster car than this TT-RS, it is a closed deal. Hopefully reality sets in and we can see how this car stacks up to maybe something it can handle performance wise, an E46 M3 or a new Z4.

Last edited by Sticky; 03-04-2009 at 06:49 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2009, 07:38 PM   #274
mixja
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 DCT Silverstone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sticky View Post
What in the world are you basing that on? It will be a close race with an E46 M3.

The E92 M3 with DCT is 4 tenths off a 911 turbo around Laguna Seca. 4 tenths, do you get that? The 911 turbo has MUCH more power, and has AWD with MUCH more torque. The M3 makes up the distance in the corners. If you actually take a look at any of the best handling tests the M3 has competed in, it is on a level that is simply the industry standard. Are you saying the TT-RS is going to perform like a 911 turbo? No, it isn't, people put way too much stock in this thing. The weak figures posted should have been the end of it.

Considering the M3 also beats the facelift 911 around Laguna Seca, which is a MUCH faster car than this TT-RS, it is a closed deal. Hopefully reality sets in and we can see how this car stacks up to maybe something it can handle performance wise, an E46 M3 or a new Z4.
Of course the track will play a big part - certainly chassis stability on uneven surfaces is very important on Laguna Seca and clearly the M3 is ahead of most cars in this area.

I've used to easily beat E46 M3s on a local HIGH SPEED track (Pukekohe for any who follow Australian V8s) in my STI Spec C (1390kg, 280WHP) and was even with the E46 M3 CSL. Around a slower local twisty track (Taupo for any who follows A1GP), I was a second or so faster than the CSL and Audi RS4. So I'd suggest a 1450kg, 300WHP? 4WD car is going to perform pretty much in a similar fashion and would be a good match for the M3 on slower tracks.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2009, 08:44 PM   #275
Driver72
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
I love how you are obsessed with me.

Causing issues, discussing the topic, right? It would not matter what was written you would always be on the opposite side due to your insecurity of being so far down the totem poll.

Like your little hater posts all over the forum about ME which are designed to be constructive, right? Stay where you belong little guy We are discussing M3's here.
Another insulting post from you is no surprise. Sounds like it's time for another banning for your insults that keep running from your mouth to numerous members. That is a violation of forum rules you know.
Oh and by "so far down the totem pole", did you mean "so far down the 1/4 mile strip in front of you", or "so far down the freeway in front of you"? I'm not quite sure which you used the totem pole analogy for.

Why would I want to be obsessed with you? You think to highly of yourself kid, your self flattery is funny.

Oh Joe, I forgot to mention and pass on a message: the last time I spoke with your dad, he said he wished you'd get a haircut and lose a few pounds. He also wants you to move out of his house someday soon.

It's nice having contacts in high places Joe.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2009, 08:47 PM   #276
Driver72
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Even more speculation on your part written as if you have the facts (or at least, as usual, think you know them).

After 13 pages of much speculation from all involved why don't you all wait to see the results and then discuss. The M3 might beat the TT-RS easily, or the TT-RS might beat the M3.
Making a bunch of speculation posts is pretty meaningless and will only make one side look like a fool anyway.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2009, 11:01 PM   #277
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Another insulting post from you is no surprise. Sounds like it's time for another banning for your insults that keep running from your mouth to numerous members. That is a violation of forum rules you know.
Oh and by "so far down the totem pole", did you mean "so far down the 1/4 mile strip in front of you", or "so far down the freeway in front of you"? I'm not quite sure which you used the totem pole analogy for.

Why would I want to be obsessed with you? You think to highly of yourself kid, your self flattery is funny.

Oh Joe, I forgot to mention and pass on a message: the last time I spoke with your dad, he said he wished you'd get a haircut and lose a few pounds. He also wants you to move out of his house someday soon.

It's nice having contacts in high places Joe.
If only I lived with my parents or for any of your comments to be accurate.

Get over me, so I'm out of your league, straight, and not interested, I'm sure you will find a guy that makes you happy one day.

What are your 1/4 mile times again? Any time you want to meet up and be put in your place, I'm not hard to find. I have a habit of doing that to 335 owners.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2009, 04:51 AM   #278
Banned
United_States
Rep

Nice blue.

No DSG?
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2009, 05:12 AM   #279
footie
Major General
Rep
Drives: i5M60

Garage List
sticky,

Driver72 might have his opinion on what you are like, others may have their own views but based on how you conduct yourself and how opinionated you are I would guess that you don't have kids, you are in your late twenties and your car is your life. I say give you another ten years and you will look back at yourself and think 'what a twat'.

Even if the TT-RS beat the M3 hands down (which I doubt) you would still disbelieve the evidence and disagree with the findings (as is so evident in the DFI thread). The rest of level-minded members can look at the specs of both cars and see that from a performance and track point of view the two should be pretty closely match, or matched enough to be considered rivals as one would consider a Carrera C2/4 a rival to an M3.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2009, 05:18 AM   #280
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by footie View Post
sticky,

Driver72 might have his opinion on what you are like, others may have their own views but based on how you conduct yourself and how opinionated you are I would guess that you don't have kids, you are in your late twenties and your car is your life. I say give you another ten years and you will look back at yourself and think 'what a twat'.

Even if the TT-RS beat the M3 hands down (which I doubt) you would still disbelieve the evidence and disagree with the findings (as is so evident in the DFI thread). The rest of level-minded members can look at the specs of both cars and see that from a performance and track point of view the two should be pretty closely match, or matched enough to be considered rivals as one would consider a Carrera C2/4 a rival to an M3.
Footie, I would only think "twat" looking back on you. I have no kids I know of, don't plan to until I am married so I can provide for them the level of care and dedication I feel they deserve, and my CARS are one of many hobbies. They are just objects, passionate ones, but objects.

Ask yourself if the TT-RS will "beat" the RS4. It would need to, convincingly, to even approach the M3. Absolutely ridiculous the way you hyped this thing considering the let down in the specs. I am waiting to see how it stacks up in comparison the 370Z and Cayman S, along with the Z4, the actual cars you should be comparing it to. Unfortunately, level headed does not seem to apply in your case.

Level headed members would not even put the TT and the M3 in the same sentence. The only members who do so are ones who are more interested in disagreeing with me than discussing the car itself and its actual competition.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2009, 05:33 AM   #281
footie
Major General
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Footie, I would only think "twat" looking back on you. I have no kids I know of, don't plan to until I am married so I can provide for them the level of care and dedication I feel they deserve, and my CARS are one of many hobbies. They are just objects, passionate ones, but objects.
Employing so many people through the years I class myself a good judge of character and I have you marked to a tee.

Quote:
Ask yourself if the TT-RS will "beat" the RS4. It would need to, convincingly, to even approach the M3. Absolutely ridiculous the way you hyped this thing considering the let down in the specs. I am waiting to see how it stacks up in comparison the 370Z and Cayman S, along with the Z4, the actual cars you should be comparing it to. Unfortunately, level headed does not seem to apply in your case.
Yes I reckon it will comfortably beat the RS4 on the track and may do as well in acceleration, it's awd system does use less power to run and it's weight is a good 200kgs lighter so the car will feel extremely agile next to the RS4 and M3. The 370z is more a match to the TT-S ( maybe slightly ahead) but I would say that the Cayman S will be slower on the straights but better in the corners as it is against the M3 as well, maybe you should check out SportAuto to see where the Cayman S time sits in comparison to the M3 on Hockenheim and Hockenheim is a demanding track on brakes, chassis and traction. If a car is quick there then it is usually quick on all other tracks.

Quote:
Level headed members would not even put the TT and the M3 in the same sentence. The only members who do so are ones who are more interested in disagreeing with me than discussing the car itself and its actual competition.
You think highly of yourself to believe this BS.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2009, 05:41 AM   #282
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Employing so many people through the years I class myself a good judge of character and I have you marked to a tee.

Yes I reckon it will comfortably beat the RS4 on the track and may do as well in acceleration, it's awd system does use less power to run and it's weight is a good 200kgs lighter so the car will feel extremely agile next to the RS4 and M3. The 370z is more a match to the TT-S ( maybe slightly ahead) but I would say that the Cayman S will be slower on the straights but better in the corners as it is against the M3 as well, maybe you should check out SportAuto to see where the Cayman S time sits in comparison to the M3 on Hockenheim and Hockenheim is a demanding track on brakes, chassis and traction. If a car is quick there then it is usually quick on all other tracks.

You think highly of yourself to believe this BS.
I find it incredible you think you can make an overall judgment of a person through text alone. I have employed many people through the years and I would never have someone making such a statement in my employ. Then again, I only employ those I consider capable of thinking on their own without the need for constant instruction, correction, and supervision. I just don't have the time to constantly go over the basics.

You really feel this car will beat the RS4 in acceleration? Interesting, don't count your chickens before they hatch. If its eclipsing the RS4 its on the heels of the R8. Sorry, logic says otherwise Footie despite how much you would like for that to be the case.

I guarantee this car will be nowhere near an M3 on a sophisticated, complex track such as Laguna Seca. You would need a one dimensional, tight course to even the playing field and the only reason for it would be to give the TT-RS a chance.

The 370Z is the perfect match for this car as well as the Cayman S as those two cars are on a similar performance level. So you are saying the Cayman S with DI and PDK will be slower, even though the power is going to the rear wheels and with its weight? Uh huh.

You don't think, that is the problem, if you don't get the 370Z, Z4, and Cayman S are the competition. No offense Footie, but your knowledge of cars performance and potential performance is limited at best, and that is something one can deduce from text. Still love ya bud, its all good My cousin is engaged to a guy from the UK and I'll be stopping by for the wedding, I'll make time for us to throw back a few beers.

Last edited by Sticky; 03-05-2009 at 06:53 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2009, 07:27 AM   #283
footie
Major General
Rep

Garage List
tvrfan,

Don't stoop to sticky's level and turn into the same narrow minded troll, Audi aren't any nearer being the best performance brand in the world than BMW is. Each produce great cars that just happen to follow a different method to achieve the same goal.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2009, 07:30 AM   #284
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvrfan View Post
why are you so pissed if the TT-RS is faster than the M3?

there will be always faster cars. and on my thoughts, the TT-RS will be able to match the M3 around a track. even on hockenheim where a TT-S with 330hp does in 1.12.00 min. thats fast as Gallardo Superleggera.

i think your a BMW droll. OPEN YOUR EYES BOY!!! bmw isnt more the one on the top. audi is coming...
Well put!

I can tell by the way you write you are someone intelligent whose opinion I will value. Never really thought of it that way, thanks for setting me straight
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2009, 07:33 AM   #285
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
tvrfan,

Don't stoop to sticky's level and turn into the same narrow minded troll, Audi aren't any nearer being the best performance brand in the world than BMW is. Each produce great cars that just happen to follow a different method to achieve the same goal.
Footie, if you keep this up I'm leaving you with the bill after we meet up.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2009, 08:10 AM   #286
southlight
Moderator / European Editor
Rep
Drives: X3M

Quote:
No DSG?
No DSG, only MT. Audi allegedly figured out that the adaption/development of DSG were to costly.

Best regards, south

JOIN THE 6MT CLUB GROUP
Appreciate 0