BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 Photos/Video/Media Gallery

02-28-2012, 06:06 AM   #23
armyav8tor
n1smo
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SchnellM3 View Post
Looks like a great time
Thanks! It was a blast, can't wait to do it again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Day Laborer View Post
Thanks for the heads up. I'm gonna go check it out now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J!M View Post
That line into Oak Tree was one of the things I was working on. My instructor was particularly fast through there, and was trying to show me a constant radius that eventually allowed me to get on the gas really early before the straight. It felt great when I pulled it off, but I missed it more than I got it!

My car was stock, other than Bridgestone RE-11 tires. I was even on stock pads after wearing out my first set of pads on Saturday. I was running with the EDC suspension set to stiff, and MDM off. (I had it on some of the day Saturday)

Jim
Yeah, they say the double apex is safer but your line is the optimal one. I'm definitely going to use it next time. Did the stock pads perform pretty good on the track? Because I warped up the rotors after a weekend at the Ring with them. Anyway, really good driving, very smooth. I can see the difference between an A group student and a C group student just by watching the videos. My EDC was also set to Sport and I was running in MDM. Don't think I can get signed off to run with DSC off by the wife.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2012, 06:09 AM   #24
armyav8tor
n1smo
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Am I blind? Because all I'm seeing is one set of Group A photos from Sunday...
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2012, 09:59 PM   #25
datbimmerdoe
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: like I'M BOUT THAT LIFE

cool beans, watched the whole thing. thx 4 sharin!

FOLLOW @datbimmerdoe on INSTAGRAM
Appreciate 0
      02-29-2012, 09:53 AM   #26
J!M
Private
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by armyav8tor View Post
Did the stock pads perform pretty good on the track?
Looks like the rest of the f and s photos are up now.

The stock pads got me through the rest of the day, and actually had some decent stopping power. But looking at the pads afterwards, it almost looked like I was melting the compound on the pad. I don't know how much more they were willing to take. Now all of the holes in my front rotors are filled with brake pad material.

I'll definitely be trying some dedicated track pads next time. Especially now that I had help learning to change them so much faster! It took me a few hours on my own the first time, and with some help, we swapped them out at the track in less than 30 minutes.

Jim
Appreciate 0
      02-29-2012, 10:04 AM   #27
AMPowerJ
One mod leads to another ...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 F10 M5

Quote:
Looks like the rest of the f and s photos are up now.

The stock pads got me through the rest of the day, and actually had some decent stopping power. But looking at the pads afterwards, it almost looked like I was melting the compound on the pad. I don't know how much more they were willing to take. Now all of the holes in my front rotors are filled with brake pad material.

I'll definitely be trying some dedicated track pads next time. Especially now that I had help learning to change them so much faster! It took me a few hours on my own the first time, and with some help, we swapped them out at the track in less than 30 minutes.

Jim
Did Victor help you? I swear he could do it in 20 mins with his eyes closed. Thanks for stopping by the garage to say hi BTW.

Current: 2014 F10 M5
Previous: 2015 F80 M3, 2013 E92 M3, 2013 F10 M5, 2009 E90 M3, 1998 E36 M3
Appreciate 0
      02-29-2012, 02:11 PM   #28
J!M
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMPowerJ View Post
Did Victor help you? I swear he could do it in 20 mins with his eyes closed. Thanks for stopping by the garage to say hi BTW.
Yes, I'm pretty sure it was Victor that helped. We were fighting with the caliper spring, using two people, and a handful of tools. He walked over and offered us how to do it in 30 seconds using just his hands.

Victor - if you read this... Thank you!

Jim
Appreciate 0
      02-29-2012, 03:03 PM   #29
BarryC
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 M3

Quote:
Great additional write up!

I saw Randy Pobst as well. I turned around and did a double take, thinking "man, that guy looks JUST like Randy Pobst!" It wasn't until the next day I found out it really was him.

Here is video from one of my sessions:

Hi Jim - that was me in the orange E46 in front of you! This was the next to last session on Sunday right? cool vid... I was running out of gas and that's why I slowed up so much on the back straight after a few laps. Didn't realize it at the time it was fuel but the car kept cutting out when I tried to accelerate and I thought something was wrong with the motor.... Duh.

BC
      02-29-2012, 05:49 PM   #30
Martin_D
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Ford Super Duty

Jim put your visor down man! That is what it is there for
Appreciate 0
      02-29-2012, 06:08 PM   #31
VictorH
Major
Rep
Drives: '09 M3

Quote:
Yes, I'm pretty sure it was Victor that helped. We were fighting with the caliper spring, using two people, and a handful of tools. He walked over and offered us how to do it in 30 seconds using just his hands.

Victor - if you read this... Thank you!

Jim
No problem, glad I could help. Now go get some decent pads and have some more fun.
Appreciate 0
      02-29-2012, 06:13 PM   #32
J!M
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryC View Post
Hi Jim - that was me in the orange E46 in front of you! This was the next to last session on Sunday right? cool vid... I was running out of gas and that's why I slowed up so much on the back straight after a few laps. Didn't realize it at the time it was fuel but the car kept cutting out when I tried to accelerate and I thought something was wrong with the motor.... Duh.

BC
Barry - Yes, this was the second to last session on Sunday. I was wondering how I was able to catch up to you. You had walked away from me in one of the earlier sessions. Your car is looked amazing! The final session of the day was pretty boring, as almost everyone had gone home. It felt like I had the track to myself for the entire time.

Martin - Thanks for the tip. I must have been absent minded, as I also left my radar detector up after driving back to Raleigh Saturday night.
Appreciate 0
      02-29-2012, 08:54 PM   #33
Martin_D
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Martin - Thanks for the tip. I must have been absent minded, as I also left my radar detector up after driving back to Raleigh Saturday night.
Glass in the face is never fun
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2012, 05:00 AM   #34
armyav8tor
n1smo
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin_D View Post
Glass in the face is never fun
Martin, do you do chip repairs as well? The front end of my car got destroyed from the VIR weekend. I still need to get the rubber off but I'm already seeing chips everywhere. Now I understand why people use blue tape on the front of their car.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2012, 06:39 AM   #35
armyav8tor
n1smo
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Found this video on Youtube, I start filling up his mirrors at 3:30 into the video. I guess I was going pretty fast up the Climbing Esses because this kid is not slow either. He said his Chevrolet Cobalt SS' got 260whp.

Appreciate 0
      03-01-2012, 08:51 AM   #36
Martin_D
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by armyav8tor View Post
Martin, do you do chip repairs as well? The front end of my car got destroyed from the VIR weekend. I still need to get the rubber off but I'm already seeing chips everywhere. Now I understand why people use blue tape on the front of their car.
No I use white out if it is a track car

The key is to pass everyone
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2013, 11:35 PM   #37
FVM3
Major General
Rep
Drives: e92 m3, f30 328i

nice shots
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2013, 05:03 AM   #38
armyav8tor
n1smo
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Thanks, that was my first time at VIR. I miss it a lot, being stuck in Korea for at least a year, can't wait to get back in the M3 and attack the track again!

Here's some photos from more recent events...

Appreciate 0