BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Video + PC Gaming / Computing

BPM

01-27-2009, 10:43 PM   #23
bling_singh
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 540i

Garage List
2019 BMW 540i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by D1911 View Post
I just preordered this game through EB and didn't get a demo cd... I even asked and they said they don't have anything like that....?????
You should get a card with a code on it which you use on PSN to download the demo, beginning Feb 5th. You should've been given the card when you made the preorder demo.

The card is roughly 6"x9". On one side there is a Helghan soldier and says something like "Killzone 2 Exclusive Demo", on the other side there is the area where the download code is as well as a bunch of smallprint etc etc.

IIRC it has been advertised on the Official Playstation Blog that if you preorder at EBGames you'll get one of these demo cards. I would go back and ask them for one.

ed - you should get the card when you made the preorder, not on feb 5th. Feb 5th is when the demo is available for download.

Last edited by bling_singh; 01-28-2009 at 08:24 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2009, 12:31 AM   #24
DougLikesBMW
Fapmin
Rep
Drives: '03 E46 330Ci

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJayE92 View Post
February 27th
No way?! It comes out on my BDay? Knowing this, it will be an awesome game, obviously.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2009, 02:38 PM   #25
D1911
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 08 S2k

Quote:
Originally Posted by bling_singh View Post
You should get a card with a code on it which you use on PSN to download the demo, beginning Feb 5th. You should've been given the card when you made the preorder demo.

The card is roughly 6"x9". On one side there is a Helghan soldier and says something like "Killzone 2 Exclusive Demo", on the other side there is the area where the download code is as well as a bunch of smallprint etc etc.

IIRC it has been advertised on the Official Playstation Blog that if you preorder at EBGames you'll get one of these demo cards. I would go back and ask them for one.

ed - you should get the card when you made the preorder, not on feb 5th. Feb 5th is when the demo is available for download.
Thanks for the info... i'll call right now.

EDIT: I just called and they have those demo cards now... apparently i can go in and show a receipt and they'll give me a copy.

Last edited by D1911; 01-28-2009 at 02:58 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2009, 07:19 PM   #26
bling_singh
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
2019 BMW 540i  [0.00]
I don't think it will be a Halo killer because of the strength of the Halo brand.....however many millions of copies any of the Halo games has sold, Killzone 2 will probably come nowhere near it. It's not gonna carry enough clout that Halo fans will drop their 360 controllers, buy a PS3 (if they don't own one already) and get a copy of the game.

I also think COD4 is ridding a ton of momentum across all platforms that Killzone2 won't be able to stop....Modern Warfare 2 has only been announced, nothing seen and it's already drumming up a ton of support.

I think on a qualitative basis Killzone 2 will probably be the best shooter....definitely not the best selling or the most supported (fanboys aside), but it will be the qualitative king of console shooters. That being said I'm surprised at how much hype it's generating. The reviews are starting to come in and it has a better aggregate rating so far than both Halo 3 and Gears 2 (as per metacritic....though that score may or may not lower as more reviews come in). The only other console shooter rated better than Killzone 2 is Bioshock.

Quote:
Thanks for the info... i'll call right now.

EDIT: I just called and they have those demo cards now... apparently i can go in and show a receipt and they'll give me a copy.

Glad to help. I hope it's a mltiplayer demo.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2009, 12:44 PM   #27
bling_singh
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
2019 BMW 540i  [0.00]
finally got to play the demo.....it's way too short, about 10-15 minutes in length.

But it truly is brilliant. there is so much going on on-screen, so hectic, and the graphics don't falter. easily the best looking game on any console anywhere. And its surprising just how good the AI is. Though the demo was offfline it feels like you're playing with and against other people. Team and Enemy AIs are the best I've ever seen for a shooter. This game is the closest thing I've seen in a video game to the opening scene in Saving Private Ryan. You land in the middle of a battlefield and at once you're taken by the scenes and just how hectic it is.

The controls are a bit broken. I use the Alternate 2 setting as its the closest thing to COD4 settings. The cover system works well, but shooting from behind cover and aiming down the gun at the same time is extremely awkward, but it's a fault of cover being built in, and the cover system makes the game infinitely better. If anything instead of using the aim button to click in and out of zoom, I'd rather they use the cover button to click in and out of crouching/covering so you can hold down on the aim button for as long as you need to.....but that's more because I was a COD4 addict.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2009, 04:50 PM   #28
D1911
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 08 S2k

Quote:
finally got to play the demo.....it's way too short, about 10-15 minutes in length.

But it truly is brilliant. there is so much going on on-screen, so hectic, and the graphics don't falter. easily the best looking game on any console anywhere. And its surprising just how good the AI is. Though the demo was offfline it feels like you're playing with and against other people. Team and Enemy AIs are the best I've ever seen for a shooter. This game is the closest thing I've seen in a video game to the opening scene in Saving Private Ryan. You land in the middle of a battlefield and at once you're taken by the scenes and just how hectic it is.

The controls are a bit broken. I use the Alternate 2 setting as its the closest thing to COD4 settings. The cover system works well, but shooting from behind cover and aiming down the gun at the same time is extremely awkward, but it's a fault of cover being built in, and the cover system makes the game infinitely better. If anything instead of using the aim button to click in and out of zoom, I'd rather they use the cover button to click in and out of crouching/covering so you can hold down on the aim button for as long as you need to.....but that's more because I was a COD4 addict.
x2

I had a bitch of a time getting used to the scope/zoom... i kept melee'n. I wish that you could change those two buttons around because I'm already so used to the COD controls.
Graphics are good... i like how the guys go flying when you kill them. Head shots are pretty cool too because you can shoot helmets of the enemies heads.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2009, 09:26 AM   #29
bling_singh
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
2019 BMW 540i  [0.00]
Quote:
x2

I had a bitch of a time getting used to the scope/zoom... i kept melee'n. I wish that you could change those two buttons around because I'm already so used to the COD controls.
Graphics are good... i like how the guys go flying when you kill them. Head shots are pretty cool too because you can shoot helmets of the enemies heads.
you know what, playing the demo a bit more, i decided to play with the original controls, aim hold off. and it was actually a bit easier.....you don't have to try and hold L2 and L1 at the same time when trying to aim from behind cover.....it made things a lot easier. given that online won't have a cover system, the Alternate 2 controls would probably be better, but for campaign mode I'll use the default controls.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2009, 10:41 AM   #30
- Paul -
Major General
England
Rep
Drives: see above.

Garage List
2005 320D SE  [10.00]
2005 645  [9.00]
Quote:

Agreed