BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..)

07-12-2010, 11:16 PM   #89
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: A BBS WHORE

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenVert View Post
Let's just putthe driving aside. Does anybody else not like the new silverstone configuration?

Also can the guys at speed get over their Americanism and call the track by it's name and not silver-stone? I hate fox...
BBC calls it "silversten".....that's the correct pronunciation.....
      07-13-2010, 08:07 AM   #90
BrokenVert
Resident Kerbalnaut
United_States
Rep
Drives: Topless Brute/Hybrid Boogaloo

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90SLAM View Post
BBC calls it "silversten".....that's the correct pronunciation.....
yeah i know the pronunciation but apparently nobody toldthe speed announcers. It was like nails on a calkboard to me

Appreciate 0
      07-13-2010, 08:33 AM   #91
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
I guess that's just "American accent".....
      07-13-2010, 09:35 AM   #92
BrokenVert
Resident Kerbalnaut
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I guess that's just "American accent".....
I guess I'm the only American that actually knows how to pronounce English names...damn my sister and her English degree always correcting me

Appreciate 0
      07-13-2010, 09:40 AM   #93
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Can't blame the Americans tho...coz they'll nuke the hell out of you guys...

But I guess its just one of those "foreign" accent thing. Its like Fernando, Trulli, etc....who try to speak english and the heavy accent...so i guess Americans just pronounce whatever they see. All they can see is "Silver" and "Stone"....oh well....

I would've thought David Hobbs would've correct that...HAHA....but he kept saying "bobby Kubika"....

plus...accent is not the worst of SPEED/FOX coverage....
"you see the distinctive red helmet is the seven time world champion Michael Schumacher..."
"this is mark webber...the Red Bull car with distinctive yellow helmet, Vettel has a darker blue one"
"you can also tell the difference of the two McLarens, Lewis has a bright yellow helmet on the silver car, where Jenson is red and blue..."
"you can also tell the different drivers within the team by the red or yellow T bar on top"
      07-13-2010, 09:53 AM   #94
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Aw F***!!!!

German GP race is going to be FOX as well...
      07-13-2010, 09:53 AM   #95
BrokenVert
Resident Kerbalnaut
United_States
Rep

Or when the winglet flew off of that car (I don't remember such one) they spent something like 10 minutes trying to figure out what it was...I knew in about 5 seconds

Appreciate 0
      07-13-2010, 09:54 AM   #96
BrokenVert
Resident Kerbalnaut
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Aw F***!!!!

German GP race is going to be FOX as well...
Ahh tits...

Appreciate 0
      07-13-2010, 10:01 AM   #97
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Or when the winglet flew off of that car (I don't remember such one) they spent something like 10 minutes trying to figure out what it was...I knew in about 5 seconds
So Obvious its the vertical turning vein mounted in front of the side pod....
but their first guess was the barge board wasnt too bad either....

probably they just not paying attention on the TV while babbling on something else....
      07-13-2010, 10:02 AM   #98
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Ahh tits...
yah...coz I was checking TV guide and SPEED TV site to check the show time....but there's nothing on 5am Sunday on either site....so i'm pretty damn sure it'll be FOX.....
      07-13-2010, 10:37 AM   #99
MontegoblueE92
Captain
Rep
Drives: It Like He Stole It

Quote:
yah...coz I was checking TV guide and SPEED TV site to check the show time....but there's nothing on 5am Sunday on either site....so i'm pretty damn sure it'll be FOX.....
German GP is in 2 weeks.
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2010, 10:57 AM   #100
BrokenVert
Resident Kerbalnaut
United_States
Rep

Quote:

probably they just not paying attention on the TV while babbling on something else....
The winglet flew off in the breaking zone right before turn 2 or 4 if I remember right. It's a right hand turn and before they changed camera angles you could see the missing vein

Appreciate 0
      07-13-2010, 11:41 AM   #101
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontegoblueE92 View Post
German GP is in 2 weeks.
yah...i checked July 25....
      07-13-2010, 12:07 PM   #102
escobar929
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M2 CS

Garage List
2020 M2 CS  [10.00]
2020 M240i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramos View Post
My boy Hamilton is starting to peel away from the pack now !!!
Every race he is now getting strong results while the RBR boys fight each other off to the death and alternate wins and DNF's... Hamilton will keep getting consistent podiums and the occasional win ...

As for the British GP...

1. As much as I hate Webber, I feel his pain for being humiliated by the team .. How the heck do they take the nose of his car and give to it vettel?? he should not have signed with them and both these guys will lose out this year just like LH and Alonso did to each other in 2007

2. The mighty Ferrari are starting to sound like little bitches... stop the fuckin' whinning and MAN UP ... They are only to blame for not telling Alonso to concede the position back to Kubica immediately... What were they thinking? Deserved penalty there regardless of what it did to his race, he could have avoided it and chose not to

3. Go Hamilton go... Can't wait to see what Mclaren will do once they figure out the problems with the new exhaust and especially when they get to tracks that suit them such as Monza
hell yea, I was very happy by the outcome of the race. Didnt think LH would have a top 3 finish, seeing all the trouble McLaren had. LH is the one who trully benifits from the RBR wars.

I think MW was totally wrong and from my perspective, it did seem like it was his fault for pushing Vettel off. W/ that said, I can understand his behavior. When you are putting everything you have into something, then someone favors someone else, based on no solid info, then I would be pissed too.

I thought the penalty on Alonso was more than fair but I do feel terrible of the timing. If he could have took it a few laps before, he would have been ok but due to the debris on the road and the SC coming out, it took any advantage he could have make up. He should have known better and just given the position back

BY FAR, the biggest travesty was at the end of the race, when they annouced the German GP will also be shown on FOX, srly WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2010, 08:06 PM   #103
xbook
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '14 EBII M235i & '06 R53 GP

Garage List
2006 MINI Cooper S GP  [0.00]
2014 BMW M235i  [0.00]
2008 E82  [0.00]
Quote:

... Jumping into this party pretty late ...

But weren't barge boards outlawed at the end of the '08 season? Surely the commentating team of dipshit, fuckhead, and marbles in his mouth should have known that.

The commentating on Fox is so patronizing. Even my girlfriend's mom felt that they were talking down to her, when she was watching her first F1 race 2 weeks ago. I am so sick of Fox I will now be downloading the BBC torrent of the race instead. If I have to wait for tape delay, might as well watch the better coverage.

And I am not sure about the rest of you guys, but here on the west coast, Fox dumped out of the post race interviews and podium celebrations so that they could play an Infomercial.

Argh!!! I just hate the fox races...
      07-13-2010, 09:16 PM   #104
revster
Private
Rep
Drives: 2008 e90 M3

It's the same Speed broadcast, just on Fox.

Yes, it's annoying that they dumb it down, but they don't have a choice. That's the difference between national network TV versus niche cable channel.

And having these races shown on Fox expands the audience, which is always a good thing for such a niche sport as F1 in the United States.

Back in the day, before ESPN bought the rights to broadcast F1, it was limited to hi-lights on shows like ABC's Wide World of Sports.

That I have the means to watch practice, qualifying and the main event live for most of the year with one tv channel?

I'm a happy fan.
      07-13-2010, 09:34 PM   #105
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by xbook View Post
... Jumping into this party pretty late ...

But weren't barge boards outlawed at the end of the '08 season? Surely the commentating team of dipshit, fuckhead, and marbles in his mouth should have known that.

The commentating on Fox is so patronizing. Even my girlfriend's mom felt that they were talking down to her, when she was watching her first F1 race 2 weeks ago. I am so sick of Fox I will now be downloading the BBC torrent of the race instead. If I have to wait for tape delay, might as well watch the better coverage.

And I am not sure about the rest of you guys, but here on the west coast, Fox dumped out of the post race interviews and podium celebrations so that they could play an Infomercial.

Argh!!! I just hate the fox races...
i'm not sure the correct name...but the other piece that locates in front of the sidepod intake and next to the cockpit....

well...the BBC torrents was slower than last season....
      07-13-2010, 09:36 PM   #106
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by revster View Post
It's the same Speed broadcast, just on Fox.

Yes, it's annoying that they dumb it down, but they don't have a choice. That's the difference between national network TV versus niche cable channel.

And having these races shown on Fox expands the audience, which is always a good thing for such a niche sport as F1 in the United States.

Back in the day, before ESPN bought the rights to broadcast F1, it was limited to hi-lights on shows like ABC's Wide World of Sports.

That I have the means to watch practice, qualifying and the main event live for most of the year with one tv channel?

I'm a happy fan.
you know....i rather there's a SPEED2 channel for events like this....
or a nominal fee for the entire season that i get the equivalent coverage as good as BBC!
      07-14-2010, 12:47 AM   #107
JCtx
Major General
Rep
Drives: No BMW yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateBMW View Post
I'd say Webber drove a great race. But I have 2 criticisms. First off, driving your own teammate off the road is ridiculous. His greed is getting the better of him, and being competitive is one thing. Sending him to the back of the grid is worse.
Same sentiments. MW has some serious issues IMO. Always looks angry, acts stupid, etc. No wonder he's the '#2'. One of them has to go, but like some already said, not before the fewd costs the team both championships IMO (probably to LH, and McLaren, obviously).

On a side note, I felt bad for Schumi. Not only his young teammate has beaten him on almost every race (must be embarrassing), but Vettel passed him and left him for dead. At this point, MS is probably realizing he should have stayed retired .
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2010, 12:57 PM   #108
revster
Private
Rep
Drives: 2008 e90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by elp_jc View Post
MW has some serious issues IMO. Always looks angry, acts stupid, etc. No wonder he's the '#2'.
You've got it backwards.

He's being unfairly treated as the #2 driver despite his performance this year.

That's why he's cross.
      07-14-2010, 01:22 PM   #109
escobar929
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M2 CS

Garage List
2020 M2 CS  [10.00]
2020 M240i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by elp_jc View Post
On a side note, I felt bad for Schumi. Not only his young teammate has beaten him on almost every race (must be embarrassing), but Vettel passed him and left him for dead. At this point, MS is probably realizing he should have stayed retired .
i dont think its all on him, the car is not set up for him. No one expect him to be a contender this year, next year should be a diff story since it he will be driving a car he helped develop
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2010, 02:31 PM   #110
UltimateBMW
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: MP4

Quote:
Originally Posted by revster View Post
You've got it backwards.

He's being unfairly treated as the #2 driver despite his performance this year.

That's why he's cross.
You have a point in regard to some aspects, however he clearly is not a team player. He has decided it's him vs. Vettel. When no one else was making such allegations (Istanbul). Then the cat got out, and now everyone sees. You either are a team player or not. The difference is that if he was a team player, none of this crap would have reached the public's eye. He would have taken it up in confidential meetings and if a suitable solution isn't found, he would have left.

Quote:
Originally Posted by escobar929 View Post
i dont think its all on him, the car is not set up for him. No one expect him to be a contender this year, next year should be a diff story since it he will be driving a car he helped develop
Webber has been at RBR since 2007.