BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - California

EXXEL Distributions

08-04-2012, 01:54 PM   #1
MRG Race Co
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '12 Nardo E92 '15 Fashion F80

Garage List
2015 BMW F80 M3  [0.00]
2012 BMW M3  [0.00]
OEM Exhaust Mod - So Cal

I had been thinking about doing the exhaust mod for a while now. Purchased an extra stock axle back from another member and after sitting on it for a few months finally pulled the trigger.

I know a lot of people/vendors are doing this now (including EAS, who's work looks great and they are absolutely known for top notch stuff) but I'm one of those guys who likes to hang onto all of my stock parts.

So my solution was to buy an OEM axle back and have a shop do the mod and keep my core. A few other members have recommended Best Muffler in La Crescenta so thats where I went. I must say that Eli at Best Muffler was great. He was capable of doing it in one day (5 hours tops) but I didn't need it that fast. So I let him keep it for the week and had it installed this morning. The welds looked OEM and I could barely even tell the difference between the stock and modified cans side by side when they were off the car. Top notch work at a very reasonable price.

The sound is perfect in my opinion. I am a professional and have an issue with pulling up to a clients house or place of work with a loud obnoxious exhaust and this one was just right. Perfect deep growl with no drone. Downshifts are awesome. And being of the browner persuasion , I like the OEM mod so I don't give cops an extra reason to pull me over.

If anyone is looking to have this done I would highly recommend pulling the trigger. And if you don't end up using EAS or another vendor definitely do a google search for Eli and Best. You won't be disappointed with any of them I'm sure...

I have a sound clip that I will try to upload later...
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2012, 08:04 PM   #2
Wendall
***Major MammelToe
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 SG coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by alynM3 View Post
I had been thinking about doing the exhaust mod for a while now. Purchased an extra stock axle back from another member and after sitting on it for a few months finally pulled the trigger.

I know a lot of people/vendors are doing this now (including EAS, who's work looks great and they are absolutely known for top notch stuff) but I'm one of those guys who likes to hang onto all of my stock parts.

So my solution was to buy an OEM axle back and have a shop do the mod and keep my core. A few other members have recommended Best Muffler in La Crescenta so thats where I went. I must say that Eli at Best Muffler was great. He was capable of doing it in one day (5 hours tops) but I didn't need it that fast. So I let him keep it for the week and had it installed this morning. The welds looked OEM and I could barely even tell the difference between the stock and modified cans side by side when they were off the car. Top notch work at a very reasonable price.

The sound is perfect in my opinion. I am a professional and have an issue with pulling up to a clients house or place of work with a loud obnoxious exhaust and this one was just right. Perfect deep growl with no drone. Downshifts are awesome. And being of the browner persuasion , I like the OEM mod so I don't give cops an extra reason to pull me over.

If anyone is looking to have this done I would highly recommend pulling the trigger. And if you don't end up using EAS or another vendor definitely do a google search for Eli and Best. You won't be disappointed with any of them I'm sure...

I have a sound clip that I will try to upload later...
I need to hear that! I've been thinking about the OEM mod for while. Next meet up!
E92 M3 SG DCT - AA Filter, Verstraβe Paddles, ECS SS, MH race stud, Stoptech BBK, MR Exhaust,RE Pulley, BPM Tune,Euro bumper and GTS lip, Euro MDM & DCT, KW CS, Recaro PP, TMS Soild Diff Mounts, MRF solid subframe mounts, GTS aero, RPM track built motor.

Appreciate 0
      08-04-2012, 11:35 PM   #3
CCLSVTM3
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Interlagos blue E90 M3

Enjoy... I switched from a Magnaflow cat back exhaust which droned like crazy!!! I love my OEM Mod Exh...

Appreciate 0
      08-05-2012, 10:02 AM   #4
XR_SIX
Bading-dong!
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11.5 E93 M3 AW, '09 R6

Garage List
2011.5 E93 M3  [0.00]
+1 on Eli at best muffler. He did mine as well and couldnt be happier. It's the perfect loud for me. save some money and go to best muffler for exhaust mod.
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2012, 01:21 PM   #5
ki__
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 19 M2C 6MT

Garage List
Looking forward to the sound clip!
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2012, 12:52 PM   #6
speeding.rocket
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 M3 E90 6MT AW

Which OEM mod was this? 1) Bypass the exhaust; or 2) opening the middle of the exhaust and changing the perforated pipes for solid ones?

And how much was it?
      08-06-2012, 01:01 PM   #7
MRG Race Co
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2015 BMW F80 M3  [0.00]
2012 BMW M3  [0.00]
Its the ACM bypass. Not the middle straight pipes that I have seen a few people do. Lets just say its cheaper than what the vendors are selling them for. Its low enough to justify doing it at Best but not so cheap that you feel like the work will be low quality...

(I know people have gotten them at various different price points from Eli but I think now that he has done so many of them he is settling in at a firm price) I dont think its my place to disclose his pricing though... but pick up the phone and give him a call. Super nice guy and will know what you are talking about right away as soon as you tell him BMW M3 and exhaust mod.

Last edited by MRG Race Co; 08-06-2012 at 02:25 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2012, 02:21 PM   #8
MRG Race Co
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2015 BMW F80 M3  [0.00]
2012 BMW M3  [0.00]
Haha, the clip and sound is no different than the other million videos of the exhaust mod on youtube... but here is my link....For some reason I think M3 owners just like taking out their iphones and filming the rear section of their car.

Let me know if it doesnt work for some reason.
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2012, 02:34 PM   #9
positiveions
Lieutenant General
Lebanon
Rep
Drives: 19 Tacoma, 16 Golf wagon

Garage List
sounds good.
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2012, 09:23 PM   #10
twentyniner
Lurker
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 e90 M3 | 08 e60

I'll be giving Eli a try. Thanks for the post!
      08-19-2012, 06:53 PM   #11
GrussGott
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4 Comp Indv

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by alynM3 View Post
Its the ACM bypass.
What's the drone like? I've read about people using the ACM having to cruise in 6th gear. This also appears to be the method EAS is using ... I was considering but I don't want much drone.

The new evolve sounds about right for me but is orders of magnitude more spendy so this would be a good option if there's limited drone.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2012, 11:36 PM   #12
MRG Race Co
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2015 BMW F80 M3  [0.00]
2012 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrussGott View Post
What's the drone like? I've read about people using the ACM having to cruise in 6th gear. This also appears to be the method EAS is using ... I was considering but I don't want much drone.

The new evolve sounds about right for me but is orders of magnitude more spendy so this would be a good option if there's limited drone.
It's amazing outside the car, very quiet in the cabin, and zero drone. It's actually such a mild exhaust in the cabin, and it's definitely not for someone who wants to be the loudest car on the street. Do what you want... Seems like you are comparing apples and oranges though. Good luck...
Appreciate 0