BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

Mporium BMW

10-28-2008, 05:11 PM   #23
SlammedR8
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i/2020 R8 V10 Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeeboy View Post
Last time I had leakage, my doctor gave me some ointment
2020 Audi R8 V10 Performance Spyder 6MT - Ascari Blue/Black
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2008, 06:14 PM   #24
watrob
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: MY2022 X5 M-Sport 45e White

Garage List
Mine does not seem to leak when it rains, then again I don't hold the water hose directly at a roof joins.

MY22 X5 M-Sport 45e White, 22"rims, Red Calipers, Ceramic Pads. Better off saying what it does not have and that's a B&O Audio System, otherwise all option boxes are ticked.
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2008, 03:49 PM   #25
TheBry
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 G12 750i xDrive

Mine doesn't leak at all (knock on sycamore) And I never hand-wash my car -- I always take it to a hand-wash place near my office. Come to think of it, my E46 convertible never leaked for the entire four years I owned it either -- and that was a soft top. You should take it to the dealer and have them adjust the rubber weatherstripping for you.

Quick question -- do you think it's possible your painter incorrectly re-installed the rubber bits after painting your trim black? Or maybe damaged them in some way?

Past: 2008 M3 (E93) naturally aspirated V8 realness!
Past: 2012 740Li (F02) M-Sport (European Delivery)
Present: 2016 750i (G12) M-Sport
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2008, 10:35 PM   #26
SlammedR8
Major General
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBry View Post
Mine doesn't leak at all (knock on sycamore) And I never hand-wash my car -- I always take it to a hand-wash place near my office. Come to think of it, my E46 convertible never leaked for the entire four years I owned it either -- and that was a soft top. You should take it to the dealer and have them adjust the rubber weatherstripping for you.

Quick question -- do you think it's possible your painter incorrectly re-installed the rubber bits after painting your trim black? Or maybe damaged them in some way?

You kind of confused me there I never hand-wash my car -- I always take it to a hand-wash place.

And I was thinking that too, but the pieces that are connected to the roof itself were not removed for paint. The piece on the a pillar,however was removed. But I doubt it that this is why its leaking!!
I guess BMW will have to look at it, Im not worried the shop foreman will warranty it for me even though it was removed!
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2008, 01:21 PM   #27
TheBry
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 G12 750i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by slammedm3 View Post
You kind of confused me there I never hand-wash my car -- I always take it to a hand-wash place!
LOL! You're right... posted too fast. I meant to convey that I never "personally" hand-wash my car. I take it to a car wash near my office that specializes in hand-washing cars (no brushes).

Hope you get your leak sorted out.

Past: 2008 M3 (E93) naturally aspirated V8 realness!
Past: 2012 740Li (F02) M-Sport (European Delivery)
Present: 2016 750i (G12) M-Sport
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2008, 04:27 AM   #28
Strax
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E46 M3

One quick question, slightly off topic...

Is there a way to operate the roof manually, if something goes wrong (like a dead battery)?
      11-03-2008, 06:19 AM   #29
watrob
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: MY2022 X5 M-Sport 45e White

Garage List
Well you would have a problem then, if you open the roof manually and its in the boot how are you going to get to the battery. And why would want to put the roof down manually anyway.

MY22 X5 M-Sport 45e White, 22"rims, Red Calipers, Ceramic Pads. Better off saying what it does not have and that's a B&O Audio System, otherwise all option boxes are ticked.
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2008, 07:12 AM   #30
rouxeny
Living the aloha
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 LBB M2

I thought there was a manual way to raise the roof. I hope I'm not confusing it with the sunroof on a coupe, but if there is, it's in the manual.
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2009, 11:09 AM   #31
xtremecruiser
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 08 Waterfall Vert

Hate to bump a old thread, butt
Did you ever get your leak issue resolved ?
Mine leaks like there is no tomorrow, a lot of the 335 verts do, first I have head of a m3 leaking

This is my leak below, I had to file a law suit with BMW for so many things its not even funny, BMW's customer service has been horrible from the bottom all the way to the top in both the US and Germany

Appreciate 0
      08-05-2009, 11:13 AM   #32
SlammedR8
Major General
Canada
Rep

holy shit, thats a lot of water coming in. Mine was nowhere near that much, but it did come from the same place. I found a different gas station where the pressure is lower and it does an even better job then the high pressure place I used to go to. So I havent had a single drop of water in the car for over 6 months, and I ONLY use automated car washes during the winter to get rid of all the salt underneath the car. NEVER in the summer months.
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2009, 11:21 AM   #33
xtremecruiser
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
holy shit, thats a lot of water coming in. Mine was nowhere near that much, but it did come from the same place. I found a different gas station where the pressure is lower and it does an even better job then the high pressure place I used to go to. So I havent had a single drop of water in the car for over 6 months, and I ONLY use automated car washes during the winter to get rid of all the salt underneath the car. NEVER in the summer months.
Mine leaks when it rains, puddles of water in seats the next morning after a rain, I get wet when I drive it ( I don't drive it unless I have to ), don't ask what happens if I was it, wait I cant wash it
Dealership packed the top rubber up with gue and tightened the top so much I swear the windows are gonna pop one day
Has the dealership brought one of their engineers in to look at the leak ? I would ask them to do so.
Mine is unrepairable, but since yours doesn't leak with rain or a water hose, get them to check it, its not normal.

Your car is smoking hot btw
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2009, 11:30 AM   #34
SlammedR8
Major General
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtremecruiser View Post
Mine leaks when it rains, puddles of water in seats the next morning after a rain, I get wet when I drive it ( I don't drive it unless I have to ), don't ask what happens if I was it, wait I cant wash it
Dealership packed the top rubber up with gue and tightened the top so much I swear the windows are gonna pop one day
Has the dealership brought one of their engineers in to look at the leak ? I would ask them to do so.
Mine is unrepairable, but since yours doesn't leak with rain or a water hose, get them to check it, its not normal.

Your car is smoking hot btw
WOW!

is your car leased or bought?

You def should be taken care of by BMW, that is abnormal leaking.
I mean, even with RAIN. I can wash my car with an Industrial strength pressure washer and not even get a drop of water in.

If that was my car, (which is a lease) i would drive it to BMW, drop the car and keys off there and issue a STOP payment from bank account for the lease payments. Fuck that, thats messed up man!
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2009, 11:32 AM   #35
foosh
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 E93

No leaks at all.
      08-05-2009, 11:38 AM   #36
xtremecruiser
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
WOW!

is your car leased or bought?

You def should be taken care of by BMW, that is abnormal leaking.
I mean, even with RAIN. I can wash my car with an Industrial strength pressure washer and not even get a drop of water in.

If that was my car, (which is a lease) i would drive it to BMW, drop the car and keys off there and issue a STOP payment from bank account for the lease payments. Fuck that, thats messed up man!
Hit my blog link and read the posts, I have talked to so many at BMW it's not even funny, they just don't care and tell me to wash it with really really low pressure water WTF, their customer service has dropped so much in the last few years it's not even funny.
Mine was bought, sadly I had to hire a attorney to deal with the POS I have, not sure if I will buy a BMW again after all the issues I have had with them and their customerless service.
I am sure the red bat phone has gone off in both BMW USA's office and the one in DE since I am back on the forums posting again, they love bimmerissues.com and youtube

Glad you found a way to keep dry in yours.

Your car has made white a cool color again
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2009, 04:14 PM   #37
argonboy
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3 E92 Space Gray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiebrudo View Post
The manual recommends avoiding high pressure car washes because it will leak!

I know, real men don't read the manual
Actually the maintenance manual recommends against using high pressure touchless car wash places not only for the E93, from what I remember.
      08-06-2009, 04:25 AM   #38
Silverstone
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 E93 M DCT SILVERSTONE

sorry to hear about that...

hmm...i hand wash my car but i never put it through high pressure washing. I didn't notice any leaking from handwashes but i will make sure to keep an eye on it.

what if ur rubber is wearing off ?
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2009, 06:40 AM   #39
my911fixxx
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M6GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by argonboy View Post
Actually the maintenance manual recommends against using high pressure touchless car wash places not only for the E93, from what I remember.
I agree, it does say not to use High Pressure wash. Mine does not leak during had wash at that location but it does leak for the top of the rear windows, even when I make sure the windows are ALL the way up.
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2009, 06:42 AM   #40
my911fixxx
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M6GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strax View Post
One quick question, slightly off topic...

Is there a way to operate the roof manually, if something goes wrong (like a dead battery)?
Yes, for emergencies only. See Manual!
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2009, 04:44 PM   #41
graider
Colonel
Rep
Drives: py/kiwi e46 m3

this thread scare m3. I want the vert, but I guess not anymore. lol
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2009, 06:43 PM   #42
fasterthanyours
Rep
Drives: Chevy Colorado

Yeah but the "High pressure" wash didn't cause the leaking problem. xTreme's car leaks constantly when wet. It's very hard to drive a car that shouldn't be such a big POS! X and I had such high hopes for his 335i and I loved it when he let me drive, never got to abuse it But it's a great car, expect the leaking roof destroys 110% of the value of the vehicle all the way around!!!
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2009, 07:18 PM   #43
greenie
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 650i x-drive m-sport coup

The rubber moulding that sits on the roof piece just above the door can be "budged" a bit toward the front of the car which will make a more positive seal between the rubber pieces when the door closes.
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2009, 02:14 PM   #44
xtremecruiser
First Lieutenant
Rep

The have replaced all the rubber seals a few times already, and have even packed it full of gue to try and contain the leak.
If your going to buy a convertible, drive it through a car was and see if you get a bath with the windows up be for you buy.
Buyer beware with BMW's poor customer service
Appreciate 0