BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

07-07-2007, 03:03 PM   #23
bulletproof
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 888 View Post
As an ex-die hard BMW M fan I have just returned from my neighbourhood Mercedes dealer and placed an order for the new C63. BMW is playing us all for a fool, at least AMG is honest and what you see is what you get. Hell! The CSL is what the M3 should be period!

Comments?
You changed your mind without even driving the two first?
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2007, 03:25 PM   #24
m_bazeepaymon
Major
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 335i

how about end thread?

ZzZzZ'er
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2007, 03:27 PM   #25
nusevad
O! So Sour!!
United_States
Rep
Drives: Fast 240z / Slow M3

Garage List
1971 Datsun 240z  [0.00]
2008 M3  [9.60]
Quote:
Originally Posted by m_bazeepaymon View Post
how about end thread?
seriously, maybe the mod should create a new section for all the haters.

hmm it can be called M3 Bashing.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2007, 03:41 PM   #26
I'm takin' the day off.
South Africa
Rep
Drives: M

Steved

Steved! I’m basing my opinion on “reputable” journalists similar to you (by the way I have a lot of respect for you). At no stage did I say I have cancelled my M3 order! If I wait until I can get a test drive the car will be 3 years old and I will be number 10000000 in line. So what must we do as regular enthusiasts? Should we dismiss motoring journalist’s opinions as crap if they don’t go with what we want them to go with?? All I am doing is hedging my bets and playing a bit of devils advocate here. Or must we all fall in line “Hilel M3!”
      07-07-2007, 03:48 PM   #27
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Quote:
All I am doing is hedging my bets and playing a bit of devils advocate here.
Maybe, but you are also telling everyone its time to panic, and putting thumbnails of the C63 in your sig like some sort of rabid fanboy.

It seems just a tad excessive and flamboyant. Ya know? I mean, are you always this dramatic?
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2007, 03:51 PM   #28
The CSL
For the love of ///M3
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Peugeot 306 XSI 16v

And are you not all being rabid fanboys by only wanting to believe one guy's positive comments over the majorities negative comments? Get a grip. Everyone wants something different from a car and don't be surprised if some M fans don't want a compromised car that will cost them some serious change to buy.
      07-07-2007, 04:17 PM   #29
Epacy
Reincarnated
Rep
Drives: 02 Maxima SE

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Steved! I’m basing my opinion on “reputable” journalists similar to you (by the way I have a lot of respect for you). At no stage did I say I have cancelled my M3 order! If I wait until I can get a test drive the car will be 3 years old and I will be number 10000000 in line. So what must we do as regular enthusiasts? Should we dismiss motoring journalist’s opinions as crap if they don’t go with what we want them to go with?? All I am doing is hedging my bets and playing a bit of devils advocate here. Or must we all fall in line “Hilel M3!”
So you're getting both then?
Stop posting this junk to just get attention.
      07-07-2007, 04:58 PM   #30
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by The CSL View Post
And are you not all being rabid fanboys by only wanting to believe one guy's positive comments over the majorities negative comments? Get a grip.
Actually, I don't really care about the comments by reviewers, whether they be bad or good, since I will know the real answers once I drive it myself.

Quote:
Everyone wants something different from a car and don't be surprised if some M fans don't want a compromised car that will cost them some serious change to buy.
As you well know, there's a large difference between simply not wanting a compromise and telling everyone its time to panic.

Cheers
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2007, 05:45 PM   #31
Tobizach
Female Car Enthusiast
United_States
Rep
Drives: By the seat of her pants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
Actually, I don't really care about the comments by reviewers, whether they be bad or good, since I will know the real answers once I drive it myself.

Cheers
+1 Some hardheads just dont understand this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FifthStreetz View Post
seriously, maybe the mod should create a new section for all the haters.

hmm it can be called M3 Bashing.
Well until then... do what I do just add em to your Ignore List. The board is much more comfortable.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2007, 06:46 PM   #32
JEllis
Major General
Rep
Drives: E36 M3, E92 M3

Its needs to be said

Think about this, the reason everyone was excited about the RS4 and new C63 is because Audi and Merc finally got the sport saloon right after screwing the pooch for so long. Everyone is very critical of the new M3 because it has always been great and everyone wants to see it continue to be great. And, for the most part the home team is still getting things right. So I am sticking to the team that always gets it right, instead of the guys that made a hail marry basket to save the game.

Jason
      07-08-2007, 06:26 AM   #33
I'm takin' the day off.
South Africa
Rep
Drives: M

Quote:
Originally Posted by The CSL View Post
And are you not all being rabid fanboys by only wanting to believe one guy's positive comments over the majorities negative comments? Get a grip. Everyone wants something different from a car and don't be surprised if some M fans don't want a compromised car that will cost them some serious change to buy.
Thanks for your support mate!

I am still hoping that I am wrong and all the reviews are a conspiracy against BMW M. My M3 order stands and I will take delivery of my M3 very soon! One thing that is great to know is if it truly does turn out to be not as good as expected I will have a long line of buyers waiting in line to buy my M3 from me. I got flamed some months ago asking if it is time to panic, the general opinion was lets wait and see what the journalists say. Now we get reviews saying it is not that great and I get flamed for saying it is time to panic. Why does one get such a negative aggressive reaction when voicing ones opinion? The funny thing is I have owned nearly every M car since 2001 and have to argue with teenagers and wanna-be M drivers on this board. I owe BMW nothing and until they put me on their pay role I will be free to have an opinion.