BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

08-30-2007, 01:18 PM   #45
SpecC
Completely obsessed with detailing
Rep
Drives: E90 SG 330i, white Scion tC

Quote:
Originally Posted by sflgator View Post
No, not everyone is a troll; only those who join certain car enthusiast forums (although they don't drive that specific brand of car the forum is dedicated to) just for the sake of arguing with ppl in front of a computer...just to pass the time.

I drive a BMW; I do not drive a Mitsu Evo, an MB, an Audi, an SRT-8, an Infiniti, or any other type of vehicle, so therefore I have absolutely ZERO interest in trolling around other car enthusiast forums dedicated to those types of vehicles. When I drove my 2 Infiniti's (a loaded and modded '04 G35 Sedan and a loaded '03 FX35), I was an active member on G35Driver.com. Now, I drive a BMW 335i and I enjoy being an active member here on E90Post.com. Unlike some ppl, I have no desire to go onto other car forums to cause trouble.
chill out man. he's only here because he was interested in a BMW, but decided to go another way. And it's not like he's giving you ridiculous reasons for the Evo being a good car either. What you are trying to say seems a bit closed minded if you're just going to focus on one brand and one car. I'm sure you've driven performance cars, so i know they're just not your cup of tea

yes he's stirred up trouble here and there, but it's not like his arguments aren't valid. He has perfectly good reasoning from what i'm reading and 335viaSTi pretty much sums everything up for everyone
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2007, 01:29 PM   #46
sflgator
Major General
Rep
Drives: '09 MB C63 AMG & '08 MB GL450

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecC View Post
chill out man. he's only here because he was interested in a BMW, but decided to go another way. And it's not like he's giving you ridiculous reasons for the Evo being a good car either. What you are trying to say seems a bit closed minded if you're just going to focus on one brand and one car. I'm sure you've driven performance cars, so i know they're just not your cup of tea

yes he's stirred up trouble here and there, but it's not like his arguments aren't valid. He has perfectly good reasoning from what i'm reading and 335viaSTi pretty much sums everything up for everyone
I understand; like I said before, I NEVER said that the Evo is a poor performing car; on the contrary, I know it's fast, it's AWD, handles very well, has an LSD, and can be modded easily an inexpensively for huge gains. I just don't believe it's a "typical" grown-up car and not as safe and good looking as a Bimmer...and that's MY opinion, nothing more.

I originally started this thread as an FYI, and commented that the new '08 Evo X looks similar to a Mazda 3 (especially from the rear), imho...that was pretty much it, until guys like 010101 turned into a '335i vs. Mitsu Evo' thread. I also think that his childish comments like the 335i is a "girly car" and the old 'Auto vs. Manual' crap just ruined this thread.

|2009 RENNtech MB C63 AMG | Black/Black Leather/Black Maple | Premium II | MultiMedia | iPod |
| TeleAid | Charcoal Filter Delete | BMC High-Flow Air Filters | High-Flow Secondary Cats | Clear Side Markers |
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2007, 01:48 PM   #47
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: still deciding what to order

Quote:

Thanks SpecC. You are absolutely correct. I have actually owned BMWs in the past and I am a BMW enthusiast. They make some of the best cars on the road. I have been on other forums and owned other cars as well. I always find myself defending other makes of cars against the bashing of fan boys like sflgator. If I were on an Evo forum I'm sure I would be defending Porsches or some other make.

It's just irritating when people think the purpose of a BMW forum is to bash other cars, and that anyone who doesn't agree shouldn't be on the forum. The Evo is one of the best cars ever made IMO. For the money nothing comes close. Calling it a tin can POS is just silly. You probably also noticed that this guy continues to call me a 17 year old or other names rather than responding to my actual arguments. Anyone who reads this thread will realize this is because he can't argue with actual facts or substance, and since that is the case he should just keep his mouth shut.

He seems to have no one on his side and this is a BMW forum. It's for good reason though. If I were still a BMW driver guys like this would get on my nerves. They are the reason BMW owners get a bad rep. Going around telling everyone their car is the ultimate driving machine and everything else is a complete piece of crap. Evos are too cheap and for kids. Porsches are too expensive. There is always something that is wrong with cars that aren't BMWs. Give the Evo the respect it deserves. If it's really such a bad car you shouldn't feel the need to start an entire thread about how a doctor wouldn't drive one. Ridiculous. Most doctors would probably have no interest in a McLaren F1 LM either.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2007, 02:00 PM   #48
sflgator
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 010101 View Post
Thanks SpecC. You are absolutely correct. I have actually owned BMWs in the past and I am a BMW enthusiast. They make some of the best cars on the road. I have been on other forums and owned other cars as well. I always find myself defending other makes of cars against the bashing of fan boys like sflgator. If I were on an Evo forum I'm sure I would be defending Porsches or some other make.

It's just irritating when people think the purpose of a BMW forum is to bash other cars, and that anyone who doesn't agree shouldn't be on the forum. The Evo is one of the best cars ever made IMO. For the money nothing comes close. Calling it a tin can POS is just silly. You probably also noticed that this guy continues to call me a 17 year old or other names rather than responding to my actual arguments. Anyone who reads this thread will realize this is because he can't argue with actual facts or substance, and since that is the case he should just keep his mouth shut.

He seems to have no one on his side and this is a BMW forum. It's for good reason though. If I were still a BMW driver guys like this would get on my nerves. They are the reason BMW owners get a bad rep. Going around telling everyone their car is the ultimate driving machine and everything else is a complete piece of crap. Evos are too cheap and for kids. Porsches are too expensive. There is always something that is wrong with cars that aren't BMWs. Give the Evo the respect it deserves. If it's really such a bad car you shouldn't feel the need to start an entire thread about how a doctor wouldn't drive one. Ridiculous. Most doctors would probably have no interest in a McLaren F1 LM either.
I like many cars; I used to drive 2 Infiniti's and I continue to like them, although the G35/37 is not quite up to par with the 335i, but that's another story. I almost bought another Infiniti G35 this past fall; after test driving both cars, I got the BMW 335i. My wife drives a loaded '07 Acura MDX and we both like it very much. I like most Porsches and Audis, but I do not like most MBs. I also enjoyed driving 2 Lexus' in the past, but of course, they have more of an emphasis on luxury and less on sport. I am a car enthusiast, and I do not think that MY BMW is the best car ever made.

Yes, I like many different cars, but the Evo is just not one of them. You have YOUR opinion (which you've mentioned many times...about how the Evo is "one of the best cars ever made...") and I have MY opinion. Yes, our opinions differ...so what?

Although I agree the Evo is a great performing car, I do not agree with your love for this particular car. I think its looks are way over the top, despite your argument that "everything on the Evo has a specific purpose;" really, since when does a car that drives under 200mph need a 2-3 ft. rear wing spoiler to prevent it from flying?

It's ok for other ppl to disagree with you; you just need to learn how to get over it.

|2009 RENNtech MB C63 AMG | Black/Black Leather/Black Maple | Premium II | MultiMedia | iPod |
| TeleAid | Charcoal Filter Delete | BMC High-Flow Air Filters | High-Flow Secondary Cats | Clear Side Markers |

Last edited by sflgator; 08-30-2007 at 06:41 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2007, 02:05 PM   #49
SpecC
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sflgator View Post
I like many cars; I used to drive 2 Infiniti's and I continue to like them, although the G35/37 is not quite up to par as the 335i, but that's another story. I almost bought another Infiniti G35 this past fall; after test driving both cars, I got the BMW 335i. My wife drives a loaded '07 MDX and we both like it very much. I like most Porsches and Audis, but I do not like most MBs. I am a car enthusiast, and I do not think that MY BMW is the best car ever made.

Yes, I like many different cars, but the Evo is just not one of them. You have YOUR opinion (which you've mentioned many times...about how the Evo is "one of the best cars ever made...") and I have MY opinion. Yes, our opinions differ...so what?

Although I agree the Evo is a great performing car, I do not agree with your love for this particular car. I think its looks are way over the top, despite your argument that "everything on the Evo has a specific purpose;" really, since when does a car that drives under 200mph need a 2-3 ft. rear wing spoiler to prevent it from flying?

It's ok for other ppl to disagree with you; you just need to learn how to get over it.
although the spoiler may not need to be that big, it's the same purpose i think why subaru put their WRC style spoiler on their STis as well. mostly for looks but also for real DOWNFORCE. Remember, this car wasn't built for the track, but more like a watered down rally car
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2007, 02:11 PM   #50
sflgator
Major General
Rep

Quote:
although the spoiler may not need to be that big, it's the same purpose i think why subaru put their WRC style spoiler on their STis as well. mostly for looks but also for real DOWNFORCE. Remember, this car wasn't built for the track, but more like a watered down rally car
Yep, I know; that's why I mentioned that imho, the styling of the Evo is a bit "over the top," and this kind of styling is typically admired by the younger drivers...kind of like "The Fast and the Furious" for Rally Car Racers.

Appreciate 0
      08-30-2007, 03:27 PM   #51
Vegas_Sirk
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 JKU Wrangler

Garage List
The Evo is a purest car .... like the GT3 ...nothing out there is like it (STI tries but falls on its face in terms of mod-ability) .... Motor Trend, Sport Compact Car, and several other mags have said the Evo is the best performance car for the money ever made. There is NO debating this. The Evo is purpose built track car made street legal. The 335i is a lux car with a fast motor and good driving dynamics. These the facts guys. Styling is all a matter of personal opinon ... and just like assholes everyone has one.

I have owned and driver all types of cars: 305z, Evo IX, Vett, Classic American cars , ect.... All of which have their highs and lows.

The Evo is a car for the pure love of driving. No other car (including the 911 Turbo S I have driven) gives you the pure feel and driving experience the Evo dose. Its a great car and will always be.

People on here who call them self Enthusiasts need to open their minds a little more and appreciate certain makes and models for what they are. It amazes me so many "Euro Guys" accept the GT-R .... but have a hell of a time accepting the Evo
________
River Rouge Complex
________
Toys Cam
________
grandma Cam
________
Bliss cam
________
GingerRoxy cam

Last edited by Vegas_Sirk; 09-19-2011 at 09:57 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2007, 05:48 PM   #52
SpecC
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3This View Post
People on here who call them self Enthusiasts need to open their minds a little more and appreciate certain makes and models for what they are. It amazes me so many "Euro Guys" accept the GT-R .... but have a hell of a time accepting the Evo
not entirely... they kept saying it was bad as a nissan but then again, they bashed teh G37 to hell when motortrend pronounced it better than the 335i lol. who knows what to think now
Appreciate 0