BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board
 
Steve Thomas BMW
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      02-17-2016, 09:52 AM   #23
M_Six
Free Thinker
M_Six's Avatar
United_States
1795
Rep
6,399
Posts

Drives: 2012 MB C300 4matic
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Foothills of Mt Level

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Very nice work in the kitchen, sirdaft.
__________________
Mark
markj.pics

"There is no shame in dropping fruit in your glass."
-UncleWede
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2016, 09:57 AM   #24
TBN54
Captain
420
Rep
793
Posts

Drives: 08' E92 335 -> 17' F30 340i
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Upstate NY

iTrader: (0)

Wow, this thread makes me that much excited to get my own house.

(I'm 21 as of today) lol
Appreciate 1
      02-17-2016, 10:11 AM   #25
jtodd_fl
2nd Asst to Dept Undersecretary
jtodd_fl's Avatar
6834
Rep
1,286
Posts

Drives: People crazy
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Florida

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2015 F82 M4  [4.50]
2016 F87 M2  [0.00]
2011 E92 M3  [0.00]
I did a pretty major remodel recently, but since I did very little of the work, it is weird to post as mine. All I did was hang fixtures (oh, and the demolition - which was fun.)

Edit: Especially after all the great work I see that you guys are actually doing!
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2016, 10:35 AM   #26
Sara504
Lieutenant General
Sara504's Avatar
United_States
3181
Rep
17,831
Posts

Drives: 2013 335is
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: New Orleans

iTrader: (6)

I upgraded and bought a new washer machine Saturday lol.. Does that count?
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2016, 10:40 AM   #27
jtodd_fl
2nd Asst to Dept Undersecretary
jtodd_fl's Avatar
6834
Rep
1,286
Posts

Drives: People crazy
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Florida

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2015 F82 M4  [4.50]
2016 F87 M2  [0.00]
2011 E92 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara504 View Post
I upgraded and bought a new washer machine Saturday lol.. Does that count?
Totally... got new Washer and Dryer coming on the 20th too. Nice! Gotta keep those clothes looking good.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2016, 10:46 AM   #28
Sara504
Lieutenant General
Sara504's Avatar
United_States
3181
Rep
17,831
Posts

Drives: 2013 335is
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: New Orleans

iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtodd_fl View Post
Totally... got new Washer and Dryer coming on the 20th too. Nice! Gotta keep those clothes looking good.
Which dryer did you get? I need to upgrade mine too. I need to get a gas dryer.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2016, 10:46 AM   #29
sirdaft1
Brigadier General
sirdaft1's Avatar
United_States
1789
Rep
3,221
Posts

Drives: '12 X5 xDrive35i
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Chicago West Burbs

iTrader: (9)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Tonka View Post
Your kitchen remodel looks great. Like straight out of a magazine.

We built our house new in 2009. I got to design all aspects of it which was fun. I only have a few shots of the kitchen, none of them fully finished.







Man that under cabinet lighting makes all the difference in the world. Great taste!
Appreciate 1
      02-17-2016, 10:47 AM   #30
sirdaft1
Brigadier General
sirdaft1's Avatar
United_States
1789
Rep
3,221
Posts

Drives: '12 X5 xDrive35i
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Chicago West Burbs

iTrader: (9)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtodd_fl View Post
I did a pretty major remodel recently, but since I did very little of the work, it is weird to post as mine. All I did was hang fixtures (oh, and the demolition - which was fun.)

Edit: Especially after all the great work I see that you guys are actually doing!
Need pics!


Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara504 View Post
Which dryer did you get? I need to upgrade mine too. I need to get a gas dryer.
Curious as well... We're in need of both as well!
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2016, 10:53 AM   #31
jtodd_fl
2nd Asst to Dept Undersecretary
jtodd_fl's Avatar
6834
Rep
1,286
Posts

Drives: People crazy
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Florida

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2015 F82 M4  [4.50]
2016 F87 M2  [0.00]
2011 E92 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara504 View Post
Which dryer did you get? I need to upgrade mine too. I need to get a gas dryer.
I cannot get a gas dryer where I live, because... Florida. We got the LG set - whatever the current model is called - Front Loader... fully automated shit. Something like this...


Then, the matching washer, and they even have a "mini-washer" pedestal that goes under it ... for small loads. Crazy.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2016, 11:02 AM   #32
jtodd_fl
2nd Asst to Dept Undersecretary
jtodd_fl's Avatar
6834
Rep
1,286
Posts

Drives: People crazy
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Florida

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2015 F82 M4  [4.50]
2016 F87 M2  [0.00]
2011 E92 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirdaft1 View Post
Need pics!

Curious as well... We're in need of both as well!
Okie dokie. These are before the final fixtures were all in... but nearly complete. Lot's of neutrals and glass tiles on walls, porcelain on the floor. The one (desk) photo with the handle - they were not installed sideways.
Attached Images
     
Appreciate 10
      02-17-2016, 11:04 AM   #33
Sara504
Lieutenant General
Sara504's Avatar
United_States
3181
Rep
17,831
Posts

Drives: 2013 335is
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: New Orleans

iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtodd_fl View Post
I cannot get a gas dryer where I live, because... Florida. We got the LG set - whatever the current model is called - Front Loader... fully automated shit. Something like this...


Then, the matching washer, and they even have a "mini-washer" pedestal that goes under it ... for small loads. Crazy.
Wow thats awesome. I love the mini loader. I wish I had two washers at once. My daughters clothes are so small I just wash all of hers in one load. Would be nice to do them at the same time I wash mine.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2016, 11:05 AM   #34
Sara504
Lieutenant General
Sara504's Avatar
United_States
3181
Rep
17,831
Posts

Drives: 2013 335is
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: New Orleans

iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtodd_fl View Post
Okie dokie. These are before the final fixtures were all in... but nearly complete. Lot's of neutrals and glass tiles on walls, porcelain on the floor. The one (desk) photo with the handle - they were not installed sideways.
I WANT A WHITE KITCHEN!!!!! I LOVE THAT. Omg.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2016, 11:09 AM   #35
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
Mr Tonka's Avatar
United_States
6266
Rep
2,288
Posts

Drives: Something Italian
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Sweatypeninsula

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtodd_fl View Post
I did a pretty major remodel recently, but since I did very little of the work, it is weird to post as mine. All I did was hang fixtures (oh, and the demolition - which was fun.)

Edit: Especially after all the great work I see that you guys are actually doing!
Post it up!

All i did was design the kitchen. Well, and all the tile backsplash work. We're getting ready to tile most of the walls in the laundry/exercise room now that there is a treadmill in there. Gotta sweat proof the walls.

It was pretty fun getting to draw out and design a house from scratch. Have a few regrets, mostly in regards to shrinking a few areas to save money. One of which being the garage. People think i'm weird when i tell them i'm pissed about shrinking the garage, but that was a stupid idea.
__________________
"There is no greater tyranny than that which is perpetrated under the shield of the law and in the name of justice. -Charles de Secondat"
http://www.m3post.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic59612_1.gif
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2016, 11:27 AM   #36
GATORB8
Captain
GATORB8's Avatar
United_States
202
Rep
741
Posts

Drives: 2011 335is 6MT
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Chicago

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2011 BMW 335is  [4.75]
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirdaft1 View Post
Curious as well... We're in need of both as well!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara504 View Post
Which dryer did you get? I need to upgrade mine too. I need to get a gas dryer.
CR ratings if it helps. May as well get some usage of my annual subscription.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf CR Gas Dryers.pdf (396.4 KB, 173 views)
Appreciate 1
      02-17-2016, 11:31 AM   #37
jtodd_fl
2nd Asst to Dept Undersecretary
jtodd_fl's Avatar
6834
Rep
1,286
Posts

Drives: People crazy
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Florida

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2015 F82 M4  [4.50]
2016 F87 M2  [0.00]
2011 E92 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Tonka View Post
Post it up!

All i did was design the kitchen. Well, and all the tile backsplash work. We're getting ready to tile most of the walls in the laundry/exercise room now that there is a treadmill in there. Gotta sweat proof the walls.

It was pretty fun getting to draw out and design a house from scratch. Have a few regrets, mostly in regards to shrinking a few areas to save money. One of which being the garage. People think i'm weird when i tell them i'm pissed about shrinking the garage, but that was a stupid idea.
Could never shrink the garage bro! You don't have basements way up north where you are do you? I personally shrunk the living room (the one no one uses, not the other one) by moving the back kitchen wall 3 feet into it. Needed way more kitchen space (I love to cook) - double ovens, 42" fridge... c'mon people...

Need to know: How does one sweat-proof the walls? Converting said recently-shrunken living room into workout room. Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2016, 11:32 AM   #38
jtodd_fl
2nd Asst to Dept Undersecretary
jtodd_fl's Avatar
6834
Rep
1,286
Posts

Drives: People crazy
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Florida

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2015 F82 M4  [4.50]
2016 F87 M2  [0.00]
2011 E92 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by GATORB8 View Post
CR ratings if it helps. May as well get some usage of my annual subscription.
Thanks. For those who looked at the LGs, my wife does hours of online research before we buy anything. Those were highest rated at the retailers' websites.

Good to see CR agrees (almost). We had a Samsung prior and didn't love it. The front-load washer ended up "dribbling".
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2016, 11:34 AM   #39
08TUNDRA
Lieutenant
08TUNDRA's Avatar
United_States
95
Rep
417
Posts

Drives: 2008 e92 335i
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: San Diego CA

iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBN54 View Post
Wow, this thread makes me that much excited to get my own house.

(I'm 21 as of today) lol
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Hope you have a great night.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2016, 11:37 AM   #40
jtodd_fl
2nd Asst to Dept Undersecretary
jtodd_fl's Avatar
6834
Rep
1,286
Posts

Drives: People crazy
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Florida

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2015 F82 M4  [4.50]
2016 F87 M2  [0.00]
2011 E92 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmikhael619 View Post
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Hope you have a great night.
If he has pro skills, he went out last night and started drinking at midnight. That's what I did (of course, I lived in a smallish town at the time.)
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2016, 11:41 AM   #41
TBN54
Captain
420
Rep
793
Posts

Drives: 08' E92 335 -> 17' F30 340i
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Upstate NY

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtodd_fl View Post
If he has pro skills, he went out last night and started drinking at midnight. That's what I did (of course, I lived in a smallish town at the time.)
Lol unfortunately no, had work the next morning.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2016, 11:51 AM   #42
TBN54
Captain
420
Rep
793
Posts

Drives: 08' E92 335 -> 17' F30 340i
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Upstate NY

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmikhael619 View Post
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Hope you have a great night.
Thanks man. Doing something with the family this weekend and then something else with the gf tonight.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2016, 12:10 PM   #43
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
Mr Tonka's Avatar
United_States
6266
Rep
2,288
Posts

Drives: Something Italian
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Sweatypeninsula

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtodd_fl View Post
Could never shrink the garage bro! You don't have basements way up north where you are do you? I personally shrunk the living room (the one no one uses, not the other one) by moving the back kitchen wall 3 feet into it. Needed way more kitchen space (I love to cook) - double ovens, 42" fridge... c'mon people...

Need to know: How does one sweat-proof the walls? Converting said recently-shrunken living room into workout room. Thanks.
Don't feel *too* bad for me just yet. The garage is just under 1500sf, but i shaved 2' off of the depth and 2' off of the end. Just stupid. It's still 22' deep, but the extra 2' would be useful at this point in time. With stuff lining the back wall, shelves, bikes, cabinets, etc.... i have to use a parking bump to ensure my front bumper is only 2 or 3" from the garage door. This gives about a 4' walkway between the rear bumper and cabinets.

Well, you have a couple of options. Use a few coats of gloss paint, cover the walls with fiberglass reinforced panels, or tile the walls. Since i'm a flooring guy, i'm going to be tiling the walls. Going to use some white subway tiles on the larger wall and glass mosaics on the cabinet wall. The dog dish is in there so i had already made a doggy dining backsplash behind where he eats with the white subway tile. Figure this will pull it all together and make for easy sweaty clean up.
__________________
"There is no greater tyranny than that which is perpetrated under the shield of the law and in the name of justice. -Charles de Secondat"
http://www.m3post.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic59612_1.gif
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2016, 12:24 PM   #44
M_Six
Free Thinker
M_Six's Avatar
United_States
1795
Rep
6,399
Posts

Drives: 2012 MB C300 4matic
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Foothills of Mt Level

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
I had a set of really useless closets removed from my garage to gain ~3ft in length. Gave me enough space to have a really nice workbench built. Sadly, though, the bench is now stacked with junk moved from elsewhere in the house.
__________________
Mark
markj.pics

"There is no shame in dropping fruit in your glass."
-UncleWede
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:41 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST