BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > Asia

BPM

08-15-2008, 11:41 AM   #45
avbw
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 06' M coupe

Not sure that he is offical dealer of Rays, but I bought couple set of Rays wheels from Eric and again, they came on time (for my track use). And the one that I am ordering for my M3 is from Rays also.
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2008, 11:55 AM   #46
hankit
Second Lieutenant
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

how long does it take from wait to arrive usually?
which rays are you using on the new m3?

LET ME SHIFT *CLICK CLICK*
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2008, 02:24 PM   #47
avbw
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 06' M coupe

It took about 4 weeks (Wheelink said 3-4 weeks before I order) for the Gruppe M intake. While I am waiting, I did check with Gruppe M on-line and they said waiting time is 6 weeks due to the long back order list right now; I will suggest you check with whoever you buy from for how long you have to wait before you place the order.
I ordered the TE37 20" for my M-3 and is waiting for Rays to put it on production line which is scheduled at September.
Just for your info., IF you decided to get to Wheelink, you can talk to Eric and my name is Anthony (from Toronto), he is my high school friend since.
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2008, 08:55 PM   #48
Alvinlun
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E92M3 and Z33

oh i order the Gruppe M intake and exhaust which only takes 4 weeks, you can try to ask Takeone, they might able to help you.
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2008, 09:58 PM   #49
white_turbo
Rep
Drives: It used to be white and turbo

Just curious, how much are does the M3 cost in HK? Don't think I will every be able to afford it in HK, I might as well drive it here in the States while I can....
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2008, 08:31 AM   #50
Ken21
--Exotics Tuning--
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: E34 525i,E39 M5,A4 Avant

Quote:
Originally Posted by white_turbo View Post
Just curious, how much are does the M3 cost in HK? Don't think I will every be able to afford it in HK, I might as well drive it here in the States while I can....

1.08 mi for the m3 sedan and 1.38 mil for the coupe ??
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2008, 08:32 AM   #51
Ken21
--Exotics Tuning--
Hong Kong
Rep

BTW : Any member here lives in Beverly Villa ?? And driving a E90 M3 with DCT ?
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2008, 08:34 AM   #52
Ken21
--Exotics Tuning--
Hong Kong
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvinlun View Post
oh i order the Gruppe M intake and exhaust which only takes 4 weeks, you can try to ask Takeone, they might able to help you.

Is Gruppe M really that good for it's price ?? It does looks good indeed esp. the Cabon/Kevlar finish but performance is none......why don't you keep the stock airbox in and wait for something that acturally work ?? just my .2 as i've owned and heard too much about Gruppe M
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2008, 09:18 PM   #53
Alvinlun
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken21 View Post
Is Gruppe M really that good for it's price ?? It does looks good indeed esp. the Cabon/Kevlar finish but performance is none......why don't you keep the stock airbox in and wait for something that acturally work ?? just my .2 as i've owned and heard too much about Gruppe M
Yeah you might be correct, although the performance gain isn't that much, the sounds of the intake/ exhaust are very ncie.

moreover, the weight of the exhaust are much lighter then the stock one, and i can feel the respond is actually quicker then b4.

Worth it or not, depends on yourself.

Like what people said, why spending 1.3 mil on M3, instead of 1 mil GTR which actually faster?? same question
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2008, 09:55 PM   #54
cclboss
Enlisted Member
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 E90 Alpine White

Quote:
Yeah you might be correct, although the performance gain isn't that much, the sounds of the intake/ exhaust are very ncie.

moreover, the weight of the exhaust are much lighter then the stock one, and i can feel the respond is actually quicker then b4.

Worth it or not, depends on yourself.

Like what people said, why spending 1.3 mil on M3, instead of 1 mil GTR which actually faster?? same question
I am interested in changing exhaust for my E90 M3, but I am very particular about the sound. Do you think you can do a sound recording or a you tube of your car and the exhaust sound it makes in idle and in throttle? I've looked at other forums and in the US, the Active Autowerke exhaust is coming out and they claim quite a bit of bhp gain, so not sure about the Gruppe M one.

My wheels are being changed to HRE Monoblok P43, textured black, as we speak so can't wait. Just need to get the right exhaust note and I will be happy.
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2008, 10:27 AM   #55
hankit
Second Lieutenant
Hong Kong
Rep

Don't think they have E90 m3 type yet. I heard if you use the e92 m3 ones, the title will stick out...

If you're looking for Gruppe M or other mufflers sound recording...check youtube...they have tons out there for you to hear from it

Appreciate 0
      09-16-2008, 10:29 AM   #56
hankit
Second Lieutenant
Hong Kong
Rep

has anyone receive the nav disc for hong kong yet???
they sales said they ran out and need to wait for another batch to come...

can anyone help me out?

Appreciate 0
      09-16-2008, 10:25 PM   #57
Alvinlun
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by hankit View Post
has anyone receive the nav disc for hong kong yet???
they sales said they ran out and need to wait for another batch to come...

can anyone help me out?
i have it when i received my car wor
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2008, 08:26 PM   #58
hankit
Second Lieutenant
Hong Kong
Rep

PM you about the disc

Appreciate 0
      09-19-2008, 10:27 PM   #59
laicosmo
Finally Beauty & the Beast
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 & R35

Hey, did you receive your car already, I receive my , well where do you guys go tune up your M3, i need to install my BootLid, diffuser, front lip, is there any good place you recommand, I dont know anywhere that is familar with M3, so thanks, by the way, if you guys ever going to meet out, Email me, let get a run going....

P.S Top Racing is organizing a 3 day 2 nights track day events in Pearl River Track, and pricing include everything is around 13,000 HKD and it is around Dec2008 or Jan 2009 so if you guys are interest, give them a call, I think they only have like 15spot just to make sure everyone have enough track time.

good days
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2008, 08:58 PM   #60
hankit
Second Lieutenant
Hong Kong
Rep

Hey laicsomo...good to hear that you got your car...mine is back to them on monday coz I was the unlucky one to have the DCT "LOOSE POWER" issue...so I have to get a check up on that...

About shops...I dunno either...i was thinking to ask a shop in wanchi...the one that carries the matte black tuned 430...but not sure if they do simple installations...

I still have my performance wheel sitting at my home...I need to install that for sure..~

Appreciate 0
      09-22-2008, 12:03 AM   #61
laicosmo
Hong Kong
Rep

Hi Han

Cxxpro are fu*king crocks, not only do they rip peoples off but they sell used stuff and pretend they are new, about the software, i came to the forum also to tell you guys, the BMW guys receive the CD already for the software upgrade, I have also have the powerloss issues( touch wood, only once) but i hope they get it fix or else it is very dangerous.

The performance is very nice but are you sure it will work with DCT, currently i'm very happy with the M3 wheel, it is thick, it gives you great comfort,as comparsion to R35, the M3 wheel is much better IMHO.

Is the Performance wheel the same except with display and gadgets, also where are you going to get that install???
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2008, 03:11 AM   #62
hankit
Second Lieutenant
Hong Kong
Rep

Laicosmo..thanks for the heads up...i came across it twice when i ran down from peak to central..and my engine/tranmission light was up....lucky..they have the cd for the upgrade..or else I will be drop dead....

performance wheel...im going to pass it over to bmw to have them install...lucky i got mine just before the euro's jumped up..i got mine under 1k USD Express mail ...which is very good price compare to now...

it seems HKG Bmw should have these..but as you know..they are slow as hell to get anything...even my dam dvd nav needs like a month or something to get it to me....

anyone can offer me a copy of it..just for me to try my gps out ??

Appreciate 0
      09-22-2008, 07:59 PM   #63
cclboss
Enlisted Member
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 E90 Alpine White

Quote:
i have it when i received my car wor
I also got mine when I received my car. Works OK but actually quite difficult to use as you cannot input actual address, just general location and cross street.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2008, 11:37 PM   #64
Alvinlun
Private First Class
Rep

yes, i guess we should arrange a meet sometimes??
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2008, 09:59 PM   #65
laicosmo
Hong Kong
Rep

that is a great idea, A MEET for new E92 M3 would be great, about the CD, i think i can get you a copy, i will try to burn tonight and see, well when you guys decide on a time leave a message for me at laicosmo@gmail.com, by the way my name is Cosmo so just for you guys reference, I can't wait to meet you guys, Hankit can i see you Performance Wheel, i'm 50/50 because i love the steering wheel now but i like the P.Wheel display and LED Shift lights so, Hankit, get it install so all of us can see. Well hope to meet you guys soon
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2008, 11:58 AM   #66
hankit
Second Lieutenant
Hong Kong
Rep

my car is back in the lot to get the software fix...i'm trying to get abit more bmw stuff in before I have them installed for me...I'm searching for e92 CF interior from bmw...and I just had AFE filter as well...so i have loads of stuff to get in...

im trying to get led's as well...so hopefully i can get it all done hahahaha

if we really are going to meet...what places are we looing for?

Appreciate 0