BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

02-19-2016, 01:45 PM   #1
F30lolz
I can haz cheezburger?
Rep
Drives: 14 Sahara/08 335xi/22 Maverick

Garage List
Best/close friends with the opposite sex?

This is mainly geared towards people who are in a relationship and either they or their SO have a best/close friend of the opposite sex.

Quick story, I used to have a very close friend named Tina who went out of her way to hook me up with her female friends (crazy Long Island nights) and we would go out maybe twice a week. She was engaged to an older man at the time (we were in our mid 20's and he was in his late 30's and never had a problem with me). Friend-zone, however, I never saw her that way, more like a sister. This went on for a few years until I met the woman who turned out to be my wife. Since then, we only chat here and there on FB. She (wife) was never fond of Tina and I guess I can understand her thinking. She never trusted Tina around me for some reason even though we never had feelings like that towards each other.

So ladies, if your man had a close female friend and they hung out, spoke often, does that make you feel insecure? Trust issues?

Guys, I cannot think you would let your woman hang out with some dude, friend or not.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2016, 02:03 PM   #2
jtodd_fl
2nd Asst to Dept Undersecretary
Rep
Drives: People crazy

Garage List
2015 F82 M4  [9.00]
2016 F87 M2  [0.00]
2011 E92 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by F30lolz View Post
This is mainly geared towards people who are in a relationship and either they or their SO have a best/close friend of the opposite sex.

Quick story, I used to have a very close friend named Tina who went out of her way to hook me up with her female friends (crazy Long Island nights) and we would go out maybe twice a week. She was engaged to an older man at the time (we were in our mid 20's and he was in his late 30's and never had a problem with me). Friend-zone, however, I never saw her that way, more like a sister. This went on for a few years until I met the woman who turned out to be my wife. Since then, we only chat here and there on FB. She (wife) was never fond of Tina and I guess I can understand her thinking. She never trusted Tina around me for some reason even though we never had feelings like that towards each other.

So ladies, if your man had a close female friend and they hung out, spoke often, does that make you feel insecure? Trust issues?

Guys, I cannot think you would let your woman hang out with some dude, friend or not.
You are right, normally I wouldn't. But if he was gay, as in your situation above (obviously), I would make an exception.
Appreciate 1
      02-19-2016, 02:08 PM   #3
Blksnowflake
Mlightened
United_States
Rep
Drives: Yaz M3

Very sensitive issue. Three things affect this: insecurity, trust, bad history of related event.
If any one of you have any of the issues stated you can forget about it. The beehotch who is now my ex, I would never trust to have male friends because she was a slut....so there's two of the issues.
I happen to have a female who's just about my best friend, known her for over 10 years, never saw her while I was with my now ex, she didn't "trust" my lesbian friend lol....but the issue their was insecurity, because I never gave her a reason to lose trust nor have I had a related past history with this.

As a black and white, yes/no question I would always lean toward "no". However in a case by case basis where the requirements are met and if my girlfriend/future wife came with this baggage and I chose to accept her like this then I see no reason to object until I see a reason to object.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2016, 02:15 PM   #4
M3 Number 86
Major General
Rep
Drives: black m3

I used to go bat shit crazy on my gf's male friends but wondered why it wasn't ok for me to have my home girls. I realized the problem was me. HA.

Now I could give a shit less who my wife's friends are male or female.

There are two types of guys when in the club with their girl:
a) try to fight every damn dude that looks at his girl
b) be proud of his girl and that everyone is staring at her

Answer B is the way to go. Until your girl fucks up.
      02-19-2016, 02:20 PM   #5
C5driver
Major
Rep
Drives: 55...just kidding.

Quote:
I have major jealousy issues, but when I calm down, I have no problem with the girl I'm with having guy friends. It's a matter of trust and if I'm not going to trust the person I'm with, then why be with them.

Unless proven otherwise, the issue is with me to deal with.
Appreciate 2
      02-19-2016, 02:36 PM   #6
F30lolz
I can haz cheezburger?
Rep

Garage List
Guys, never let your wife out of your site after an argument because if said male friend is waiting in the wings to listen to her, well you know:

Girl: Oh I cannot stand it when he does this
Man Friend: I told you this would happen
Girl: Why can't he be like you
Man Friend:
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2016, 02:42 PM   #7
C5driver
Major
Rep

Quote:
Guys, never let your wife out of your site after an argument because if said male friend is waiting in the wings to listen to her, well you know:

Man Friend:
I read this and thought...you chose poorly.
Appreciate 2
      02-19-2016, 02:44 PM   #8
Verbiage
Dismembered Member
Jamaica
Rep
Drives: F80 ZCP 6MT, R55 Clubman S 6MT

Quote:

Man Friend:
LOL. I am usually the man friend. Oh how I love being single.

Most women are insecure anyway, whether they wish to admit it or not. They tell you it's okay to have female friends, yeah fucking right.

My delivery experience and beach photoshoot here.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2016, 02:50 PM   #9
V1.47fan
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: TheArtist formerly known as M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by C5driver View Post
I have major jealousy issues,
Hahahahaha
Appreciate 1
      02-19-2016, 02:57 PM   #10
F30lolz
I can haz cheezburger?
Rep

Garage List
I think everyone gets jealous/insecure at some point. We're human, unlike 1MOREMOD. When I met my wife she was a manager at a Best Buy and she got jealous and held up a girl against a wall (she wasn't fired haha) all because she was talking to me while I was waiting for her shift to end. She is a nut job but has dealt with me for almost 12 years so I must be doing something right.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2016, 03:10 PM   #11
Sidewinderpb
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2017 340i xDrive 6mt

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtodd_fl View Post
You are right, normally I wouldn't. But if he was gay, as in your situation above (obviously), I would make an exception.
See, now I'm not sure if I would make that an exception. A gay best friend can just keep reminding her what a piece of shit you are and introduce her to other guys.

That being said, I had a close friend who was a girl. Then I started dating my current girlfriend, who entered our circle of friends. They were not fond of each other. I was no longer fond of that group of friends. Fuck em'! Gotta decide which is more important. And no, I would not be cool with her hanging out with other guys. Had to knock some ass hat out cold a few years ago.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2016, 03:29 PM   #12
M3 Number 86
Major General
Rep

There's a lot of issues going on in here.

Bottom line - get your bitch in check! and none of this happens.
      02-19-2016, 03:42 PM   #13
jtodd_fl
2nd Asst to Dept Undersecretary
Rep
Drives: People crazy

Garage List
2015 F82 M4  [9.00]
2016 F87 M2  [0.00]
2011 E92 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRS. M3 Number 86
There's a lot of issues going on in here.

Bottom line - get your bitch in check! and none of this happens.
FTFY - correct attribution of quote....
Appreciate 1
      02-19-2016, 03:58 PM   #14
Axius
Banned
Seychelles
Rep
Drives: 612 Scaglietti

Be friends with who you want, but set clear boundaries. If you know the "friend" is sketch, you say I don't want you hanging out with them anymore. It's all give and take. If you're smart enough you can tell who wants what, and remove them from the situation.

I personally don't care, I've never been the jealous type, because I know who I'm with is mine at the end of the day. Make the mistake and be someone elses, so be it, but this is where I bail.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2016, 04:17 PM   #15
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

The first wife had some male friends from work. I was cool with it. She wanted to club with her cousins, I was cool with it. She came home pregnant with somebody else's baby, we got divorced.

Second wife is potentially jealous. She knows I work almost exclusively with women. Not my choice, it's just the nature of the business. IF I am going to lunch with anyone in the office, I call the wife and let her know. I take a huge ration of shit at work for this. I have nothing to hide, so I just tell my wife.

I personally don't care where my wife goes, or who she goes with. What gets me into a screaming mania is when she doesn't say something, then hours go by and she doesn't answer her phone. Yes, I've tracked her phone, and she was right where she says after the fact. JUST FUCKING CALL ME AND TELL ME!!!!!!!!
Appreciate 1
      02-19-2016, 04:47 PM   #16
M3 Number 86
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
The first wife had some male friends from work. I was cool with it. She wanted to club with her cousins, I was cool with it. She came home pregnant with somebody else's baby, we got divorced.

Second wife is potentially jealous. She knows I work almost exclusively with women. Not my choice, it's just the nature of the business. IF I am going to lunch with anyone in the office, I call the wife and let her know. I take a huge ration of shit at work for this. I have nothing to hide, so I just tell my wife.

I personally don't care where my wife goes, or who she goes with. What gets me into a screaming mania is when she doesn't say something, then hours go by and she doesn't answer her phone. Yes, I've tracked her phone, and she was right where she says after the fact. JUST FUCKING CALL ME AND TELL ME!!!!!!!!
seems like a cool job
      02-19-2016, 04:48 PM   #17
F30lolz
I can haz cheezburger?
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post

This post angered me. Glad you've moved on.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2016, 04:55 PM   #18
longress
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4M Coupe

If your spouse is your best friend not an issue. If they need to look to the opposite sex to find that kind of a connection I can see how that would cause issues with the most couples.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2016, 05:09 PM   #19
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Quote:
This post angered me. Glad you've moved on.
One door closed, several more opened. Ex and I aren't enemies, and the guy is still her husband since 92
Appreciate 2
      02-19-2016, 05:20 PM   #20
kprocivic
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: ecoboost s to the t

My best friend was an old fuck buddy. we used to hump all the time then we grew up, and became super close. my lady boo bear almost wifey I'm with now, hates that woman on a molecular level only cause we use to hump. we no longer are best friends, friends, nothing, and that kinda sucks. We both understand why, and I don't blame by honey dumpling for hating.
      02-19-2016, 05:31 PM   #21
C5driver
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kprocivic View Post
blah blah blah lady boo bear blah blah blah honey dumpling
Appreciate 1
      02-19-2016, 05:49 PM   #22
kprocivic
Lieutenant Colonel