BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

03-08-2010, 08:48 PM   #67
tom @ eas
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: BMW

Garage List
2018 BMW i3s  [0.00]
2010 BMW M3  [6.50]
2015 BMW M4  [5.25]
Quote:
Originally Posted by CATCH_M3 View Post
I think I will contact Rogue about this directly.
Rogue uses a combination of Continental and Gates belts in their setups (due to available sizes) which are used in a number of OEM applications.

GET DAILY UPDATES ON OUR BLOG · FACEBOOK · YOUTUBE · FLICKR · INSTAGRAM
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2010, 09:45 AM   #68
King Tut
NASA SpecE30 Racer
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 Honda S2000 TT3

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxe92xx View Post
so my question is would the stock belts fit on an aftermarket crank pulley?
Do you even understand what an underdrive pulley does? It is SMALLER in diameter so as to underdrive the accessories and not take as much power from the crankshaft. That means that you can't use an OEM length belt. The 2nd generation pulley setups in the DCT and 2009+ cars use a non standard double sided belt that is not readily available over the counter which is why all the companies besides AA decided to go another route in designing their pulley setups. AA decided to have some company make them a longer length double sided belt which apparantly has some reliability issues unfortunetly.
2009 BMW M3 Coupe: Sold e92.ridedomain.com
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2010, 10:57 PM   #69
xxe92xx
Banned
Rep
Drives: 08 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Tut View Post
Do you even understand what an underdrive pulley does? It is SMALLER in diameter so as to underdrive the accessories and not take as much power from the crankshaft. That means that you can't use an OEM length belt. The 2nd generation pulley setups in the DCT and 2009+ cars use a non standard double sided belt that is not readily available over the counter which is why all the companies besides AA decided to go another route in designing their pulley setups. AA decided to have some company make them a longer length double sided belt which apparantly has some reliability issues unfortunetly.
yeah i knew that before i asked the question i knew it wasnt going to work but i tried it anyway and.....it didnt work so i put a couple gates belts on, but the oem belts are so much better i juss dont trust these thinner belts...
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2010, 12:13 AM   #70
M3Captain
Banned
Greece
Rep
Drives: M3 and a McDonnell Douglas

If your underdrive pully(s) are eating belts, the problem is not the belt. Gates belts are the best in the industry and supply Top Fuel with blower belts.
Appreciate 0