BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews

Mporium BMW

08-30-2012, 02:52 PM   #1
NYM3FAN
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3

All 2013 M3 Productions Postponed?

I placed on order for a 2013 M3 back on July 20th, scheduled to first be produced mid-August, then delayed to the first week of September.

I email my dealer today asking for an update, and she says that BMW has postponed all M3 production until the 1st week of October and she doesn't know why.

Throughout this period I have asked for a production number and my dealer has told me she doesn't have one.

She has also constantly delayed my scheduled production dates for one reason or another.

I feel like something shady is going on but don't know what to do.

Can anyone shed some light on this?
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2012, 03:24 PM   #2
Ghetto2315
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 16' BMW i8

Garage List
Sounds like your dealer never had an allocation slot for an M3 to begin with. Took your order hoping to get allocated a slot or borrow one from another dealer to get your order fulfilled. Then, either never got said allocation slot or couldn't get one from another dealer, which is why they are telling you it's been pushed back. I haven't heard of any production delays.

EDIT: Ask your dealer what "status" the car is in. If it's in 047, that means your order is still in the order bank with no production slot. If your car is in 111, your order has been picked up and they should be able to tell you a roundabout of when your car will go in to production. BY 112 status, you will have Production #.

Last edited by Ghetto2315; 08-30-2012 at 03:40 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2012, 03:25 PM   #3
vzm3
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghetto2315
Sounds like your dealer never had an allocation slot for an M3 to begin with. Took your order hoping to get allocated a slot or borrow one from another dealer to get your order fulfilled. Then, either never got said allocation slot or couldn't get one from another dealer, which is why they are telling you it's been pushed back. I haven't heard of any production delays.
+11111111111
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2012, 03:54 PM   #4
Peahi
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2012 M3 CPE

You can also search here for the time frames of the yearly plant shut downs/vacation. My 2012 was delayed last fall by plant shutdown/vacation and then by CARB approvals. A double whammy and I think many here will remember this clearly!

Good luck!
      08-30-2012, 04:00 PM   #5
THE TECH
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: BPMsport 2012 E92 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peahi View Post
You can also search here for the time frames of the yearly plant shut downs/vacation. My 2012 was delayed last fall by plant shutdown/vacation and then by CARB approvals. A double whammy and I think many here will remember this clearly!

Good luck!
I recall it vividly! It happens every year though.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2012, 04:06 PM   #6
meyergru
No military grade
Germany
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 DCT

I would not worry about that too much, it is only because here in Bavaria, we have school holidays until september, 13th this year. As I have heard, BMW has elongated their summer factory holidays a bit.

Also, they are in the process of changing the tooling in some factories for the new 3 series and enlarging the factory at Dingolfing. While this does not directly affect the factory where the M3s are built, I suspect that it has to do with it.
      08-30-2012, 05:09 PM   #7
btgM3
Private
Rep

hmm...that seems odd. I just place my order last Tuesday and the dealer emailed me yesterday with my VIN and production #. I wonder if I'll be delayed as well...
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2012, 07:03 PM   #8
RussRamz
M Slut
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 Coupe Mineral White

This is normal. BMW re-tools their plant at the same time the Bayern holiday season hits (Oktoberfest). This happens every year.

David Brent
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2012, 11:46 PM   #9
NYM3FAN
Rep

Just so frustrating.

I placed my order back in mid-July and now, if this is true, I won't be getting my car until sometime in November.

Either way, my dealer got back to me and said that's she's trying everything she can to get my production date moved up (which makes me believe that they never had an allocation slot available and the whole production delay thing is bs).

I told her to move it up or I'd go to another dealer who had available slots in September.

She said she'd have an update for me tomorrow.
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2012, 10:40 AM   #10
BoomM3
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW M3 Coupe

Just wondering if anyone has ordered an individual 2013? I placed my order back late june, but production still hasnt started according to the website? I also placed an order for a second vehicle in late july and its already started production! kinda confused....thx
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2012, 10:52 AM   #11
JulieDriving
Female driving enthusiast :P
Rep
Drives: Bimmer

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoomM3 View Post
Just wondering if anyone has ordered an individual 2013? I placed my order back late june, but production still hasnt started according to the website? I also placed an order for a second vehicle in late july and its already started production! kinda confused....thx
Mine is considered Individual

Mine was slated for July production --> produced.

Slated for end of August delivery --> delivered.

It really depends on when you get an allocation spot and how long they estimate it will take to include the Individual components your car has. Which I understand are installed in Garching in Germany (rather than at the M3 Regensburg plant) due to BMW M Division being responsible for all Individual.

Mine was a 'standard' Individual, in that the color and trim are part of the standard Individual offerings outside of the US. If your Individual order is quite custom (special stitching on seats, etc.), it may take longer.

EDIT: Your dealer should know more than the website.
      09-01-2012, 10:55 AM   #12
BoomM3
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW M3 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieDriving View Post
Mine is considered Individual

Mine was slated for July production --> produced.

Slated for end of August delivery --> delivered.

It really depends on when you get an allocation spot and how long they estimate it will take to include the Individual components your car has. Which I understand are installed in Garching in Germany (rather than at the M3 Regensburg plant) due to BMW M Division being responsible for all Individual.

Mine was a 'standard' Individual, in that the color and trim are part of the standard Individual offerings outside of the US. If your Individual order is quite custom (special stitching on seats, etc.), it may take longer.
Cool- the only thing individual was the paint (singapore grey). I guess i'll follow-up with my dealer...thx for the response
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2012, 03:50 PM   #13
cacofonix
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 Melbourne Red M3 E92 ZCP

Mine is a Melbourne Red 2013 ZCP M3. It is at the port waiting for the ship. I placed an order in April and got a production number at the beginning of August I think.
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2012, 08:01 PM   #14
JulieDriving
Female driving enthusiast :P
Rep
Drives: Bimmer

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoomM3 View Post
Cool- the only thing individual was the paint (singapore grey). I guess i'll follow-up with my dealer...thx for the response
Wooo.... singapore grey M3! can't wait to see that!
      09-11-2012, 08:57 PM   #15
NYM3FAN
Rep

So this is getting pretty frustrating now.

My CA told me last week that my car was scheduled to be produced first week of October, but when I called up the main BMW hotline to check and my production status and spoke to someone, he said that my order had been accepted but there still was no confirmed production date or week.

He also told me that my order hadn't been accepted until August 30th (even though I placed the order with my dealership on July 25th).

August 30th was also the first time since placing my order that I called up my CA to ask for an update.

Coincidence? I don't think so.

I'm guessing my CA either forgot to place my order/didn't have an allocation slot and had been lying to me saying my car was scheduled to be produced first in August, then in September, now in October.

However, as I said before, it still has no confirmed production date even though my CA keeps telling me otherwise.

Obviously I'm very skeptical to what she's telling me and don't know what more I can do.

So frustrating...
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2012, 09:31 PM   #16
NHman
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2018 Audi S4 Prestige

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYM3FAN View Post
So this is getting pretty frustrating now.

My CA told me last week that my car was scheduled to be produced first week of October, but when I called up the main BMW hotline to check and my production status and spoke to someone, he said that my order had been accepted but there still was no confirmed production date or week.

He also told me that my order hadn't been accepted until August 30th (even though I placed the order with my dealership on July 25th).

August 30th was also the first time since placing my order that I called up my CA to ask for an update.

Coincidence? I don't think so.

I'm guessing my CA either forgot to place my order/didn't have an allocation slot and had been lying to me saying my car was scheduled to be produced first in August, then in September, now in October.

However, as I said before, it still has no confirmed production date even though my CA keeps telling me otherwise.

Obviously I'm very skeptical to what she's telling me and don't know what more I can do.

So frustrating...
Did the BMW hotline indicate when a date would be set for production? It sounds to me that your dealer didn't have a production slot. You could always call around, perhaps to one of the forum sponsors, to see if one is immediately available.

Have you locked into financing with your dealer? If so, you will need to resubmit an application to BMW FS for approval. As the approval is dealer specific.

Being in NY, the tough part is the potential timing of taking delivery sometime late November or December. Either snow tires will be in order or storage.
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2012, 09:46 PM   #17
NYM3FAN
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHman View Post
Did the BMW hotline indicate when a date would be set for production? It sounds to me that your dealer didn't have a production slot. You could always call around, perhaps to one of the forum sponsors, to see if one is immediately available.

Have you locked into financing with your dealer? If so, you will need to resubmit an application to BMW FS for approval. As the approval is dealer specific.

Being in NY, the tough part is the potential timing of taking delivery sometime late November or December. Either snow tires will be in order or storage.
The service rep I spoke to on the BMW hotline said that my car was confirmed for production but had no set date as of yet - this is contrary to what my CA told me, although I'm hesitant to believe her at this point.

I'm not financing through BMW and haven't even submitted an application to PenFed yet.

I hate the fact that I'm more than likely going to end up getting this car in the winter and, depending on the weather, will have little time to enjoy it.

I'm open to any of the forum sponsors who are close to the NY/tri-state area if they have available slots immediately.

At this point, I'm willing to do almost anything to make this less of a headache for me.
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2012, 10:09 PM   #18
NHman
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2018 Audi S4 Prestige

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYM3FAN View Post
The service rep I spoke to on the BMW hotline said that my car was confirmed for production but had no set date as of yet - this is contrary to what my CA told me, although I'm hesitant to believe her at this point.

I'm not financing through BMW and haven't even submitted an application to PenFed yet.

I hate the fact that I'm more than likely going to end up getting this car in the winter and, depending on the weather, will have little time to enjoy it.

I'm open to any of the forum sponsors who are close to the NY/tri-state area if they have available slots immediately.

At this point, I'm willing to do almost anything to make this less of a headache for me.
You may want to call around to the other dealers to see if they have a confirmed production slot. Outside of some phone time, it will not cost you anything. Perhaps it will produce better results. Otherwise you M3 will be a holiday present. This is why I am holding off until January to place an order.

Good luck and kept us updated as to your next step and result(s).
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2012, 04:32 AM   #19
sc1989
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3 coupe white, DCT, ZPP

NYM3FAN....dude My CA told me the same, my order was finalized august 31st, actually put in system september 4th, got a production# same say, being a little noobish I was checking the 1-800 number, no production date in hand, ordered received etc...i got word from her on monday that it is "due to start production" some time in october? I read elsewhere on here that someone ordered in late august and already has a vin and production date etc...so idk perhaps I too am being fed bullshit -__-
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2012, 09:25 PM   #20
Nuke818
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 E92 M3

Hey guys new to the forum. I placed an order Monday and got a production number before I left the dealership. The manager of the dealership said that it would go into production end of the month and I should expect it to arrive at the dealership around Christmas. Im just curious how long others have waited to get their 2012/2013 M3

Appreciate 0
      09-13-2012, 09:47 PM   #21
HotIce
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW M3

I ordered my 2013 three days ago and I got a production number same day. Your dealer is full of BS. I'm in status 112, but don't have a confirmed production date.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2012, 10:06 PM   #22
Nuke818
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 E92 M3

I ordered my 2013 three days ago and I got a production number same day. Your dealer is full of BS. I'm in status 112, but don't have a confirmed production date.

Would doubt it! They also wanted me to put down $5000 to reserve it. I told them I'll put down $1000.

Appreciate 0