BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

06-05-2014, 03:29 PM   #1
The Brick
Private
Rep
Drives: 2010 E92 M3, 2 x FD3S RX-7s

Lowering Spring Installation - New Bolts Needed?

I am planning to order some Swift Spec-R springs and install them myself. I have seen some DIY threads that say BMW recommends replacing all of the bolts that are touched during the installation process. Do most people do this? I lowered my 335i and I don't recall changing any of the bolts...and I am not sure why this would be required unless the threading gets screwed up.

Thanks for your help.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2014, 04:12 PM   #2
lutfy
Captain
Rep
Drives: G87 M2, NASA ST5 86, Defender

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Brick View Post
I am planning to order some Swift Spec-R springs and install them myself. I have seen some DIY threads that say BMW recommends replacing all of the bolts that are touched during the installation process. Do most people do this? I lowered my 335i and I don't recall changing any of the bolts...and I am not sure why this would be required unless the threading gets screwed up.

Thanks for your help.
Over rated IMO. The top of the strut bolt can easily be pulled out via electric impact gun 21-22mm I believe. Easy peasy. Be careful with removing the swaybar link. Thats the only weakest link. I tore the rubber boot putting the 16mm wrench and it rattled like crazy after a few days. Replaced the entire link.

Good luck!

Cheers,

Lutfy
Appreciate 0