BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

EXXEL Distributions

04-09-2007, 01:28 PM   #1
M6Rida
Rep
Drives: 2007 Bmw AW M6

receiving the new m3

can i get a breakdown of when i should expect to see the M3 in PERSON? are dealers in southern cali gettin a demo a couple months before release. when should the ordered cars begin arriving. this wait is gettin real hectic, and causing me to get a couple gray hairs
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2007, 01:57 PM   #2
m_bazeepaymon
Major
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 335i

honestly
I am getting lost myself....
Do we know Launch of Europe?
Thats in september right?

when is US press release....
im gonna shoot myself lol

ZzZzZ'er
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2007, 02:42 PM   #3
albeik
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 Formula Red S2000

I think the home page should have a "widget" showing the latest and greatest information about when to expect the M3 (in Europe and the US) -- and as updates come by - the home page gets updated as well.

(or maybe have a sticky with that information somewhere)

... just an idea
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2007, 02:48 PM   #4
GregW / Oregon
Commander-In-Chief
Rep
Drives: 2023 M2 Coupe, 2020 GLE 450

Garage List
Release schedule

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_bazeepaymon View Post
honestly
I am getting lost myself....
Do we know Launch of Europe?
Thats in september right?

when is US press release....
im gonna shoot myself lol
It's all heresay until BMWNA issues something, but I'm believe US cars start production in December, meaning Feb-Mar '08 US delivery start. I'm guessing US dealers will get demos late this year.

Greg Lake Oswego, Oregon, USA
2023 M2 Coupe - Brooklyn Grey/Cognac/CF, 6MT; 2020 MB GLE 450
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2007, 03:28 PM   #5
m_bazeepaymon
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW / Oregon View Post
It's all heresay until BMWNA issues something, but I'm believe US cars start production in December, meaning Feb-Mar '08 US delivery start. I'm guessing US dealers will get demos late this year.
but we for sur eknow that European launch is September....
right?

ZzZzZ'er
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2007, 03:53 PM   #6
Steved
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M3 CSL, AMG ML63, B7 RS4 Avant

I know that cars will be available for delivery in the UK on 8th September '07. I will hopefully be able to drive one and let you know how it feels sometime in June '07. If a car is available any sooner then you'll soon hear about it.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2007, 03:56 PM   #7
m_bazeepaymon
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steved View Post
I know that cars will be available for delivery in the UK on 8th September '07. I will hopefully be able to drive one and let you know how it feels sometime in June '07. If a car is available any sooner then you'll soon hear about it.
thanks boss

ZzZzZ'er
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2007, 07:18 PM   #8
Hans Delbruck
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: C63, 135i, Evo FE, GLE63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steved View Post
Steved, I am very much looking forward to your impressions of the new M3, especially compared to the Z4M Coupe. There are some things I really do not like about the Z4MC (which is why I am selling mine) and I hope the new M3 does not have those traits....

cheers!
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2007, 07:34 PM   #9
Goober M
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Z4 M Coupe, Silver Grey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans Delbruck View Post
Steved, I am very much looking forward to your impressions of the new M3, especially compared to the Z4M Coupe. There are some things I really do not like about the Z4MC (which is why I am selling mine) and I hope the new M3 does not have those traits....

cheers!
Hans, just curious as to what those traits are?
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2007, 07:53 PM   #10
Hans Delbruck
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goober M View Post
Hans, just curious as to what those traits are?

Here's what I don't like about my Z4MC (so shoot me!!):
- Brakes too touchy on initial bite. Feel overboosted and are difficult to modulate.
- Even with the Clutch Delay Valve removed, the clutch has little feel. It is like an on-off switch and (like the brakes) difficult to finesse. The throttle is the same way. I had to change my driving style to drive this car smoothly. Not that that is a terrible thing, but in hmm... 20 years of driving manuals, this car sticks out as the most "artificial" feeling clutch/throttle.
- Engine/power is really just adequate for a performance car. Also, it could sound a little better (ok so I'm a sucker for a V8!)
- A bit too much dive and squat in the suspension
- Driving position and visibility could be better.

But most of these issues are my fault -- I didn't drive the car before I bought it! It was just and I had to have it so I had it shipped from out of state. The same thing may well happen with the M3. I'm in line to get the dealer's 1st car - at an out of state dealer! I don't want to make the same mistake again so I hope I will get to drive it somehow....

What I DO like about the Z4MC... the materials and build quality are excellent, just like all BMWs. It looks sexy too and is very unique. I have yet to see another one, and this is in LA, where everybody has a cool car!
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2007, 10:06 PM   #11
Goober M
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Z4 M Coupe, Silver Grey

Hans, many thanks. I've got a Z4 M Coupe on order (delivery in mid-May) and hadn't heard much negative comment about the car, so your comments are interesting and helpful. All of what you say makes sense, I guess I'll just have to see what I think when I pick 'er up. I was not able to find one locally to test drive before I had to place my order, but I felt, and still feel, pretty comfortable. My Dad has a Z4 roadster, and I like the driving position.

Either way, I will only have the car on a 30 month lease -- just an expensive rental until I buy an M3 Sedan in the fall of 2009. If I find the car annoying, I won't have it that long. But methinks I'll like it and will be squireling away additional cash to buy it at the end of the lease (it'll be rare and a classic in 20 years)!
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2007, 10:49 PM   #12
SpencerM3
Sauce
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 SSII E90 M3

I'm guessing the US debut will be the L.A. Auto Show in Dec/Jan and will be in show rooms shortly there after.
2009 E90 M3 | Silverstone II | Black Novillo | HRE P40's | Akrapovic Exhaust | Eibach Pro Kit | Jet Black Kidney Grilles | SSII Side Reflectors | SSII Side Gills | LUX H8 Angel Eyes | Macht Schnell Filter | Tecnocraft Envy Charge Pipe

"M3 drivers have no friends." - Jeremy Clarkson
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2007, 10:55 PM   #13
Hans Delbruck
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goober M View Post
Hans, many thanks. I've got a Z4 M Coupe on order (delivery in mid-May) and hadn't heard much negative comment about the car, so your comments are interesting and helpful. All of what you say makes sense, I guess I'll just have to see what I think when I pick 'er up. I was not able to find one locally to test drive before I had to place my order, but I felt, and still feel, pretty comfortable. My Dad has a Z4 roadster, and I like the driving position.

Either way, I will only have the car on a 30 month lease -- just an expensive rental until I buy an M3 Sedan in the fall of 2009. If I find the car annoying, I won't have it that long. But methinks I'll like it and will be squireling away additional cash to buy it at the end of the lease (it'll be rare and a classic in 20 years)!
The Z4MC is a real blast to drive as long as you are driving it HARD. That Top Gear review on the Z4M Roadster was spot on... you have to "grab it by the scruff of the neck" ... problem for me is, I do not always drive hard, especially on city streets (duh!) ... sometimes I just want to cruise around. But, if you are ON IT... the Z4MC is like an eager puppy dog that becomes a serious beast!

My impetuousness over the car might be due to the fact that this recently arrived!

:rocks:
The P-E-R-F-E-C-T car!!

(that's my detail guy, LOL! )
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2007, 11:06 PM   #14
Smoltz
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 04 Challenge Stradale + 02 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans Delbruck View Post
The Z4MC is a real blast to drive as long as you are driving it HARD. That Top Gear review on the Z4M Roadster was spot on... you have to "grab it by the scruff of the neck" ... problem for me is, I do not always drive hard, especially on city streets (duh!) ... sometimes I just want to cruise around. But, if you are ON IT... the Z4MC is like an eager puppy dog that becomes a serious beast!

My impetuousness over the car might be due to the fact that this recently arrived!

:rocks:
The P-E-R-F-E-C-T car!!

(that's my detail guy, LOL! )

Good choice on the GT3. If I had both the M coupe wouldnt be seeing many miles.

-Adam
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2007, 03:47 AM   #15
E90330iS
Major General
Germany
Rep
Drives: BMW M4

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Beautiful GT3! The white is the best color for GT3s in my opinion.
      04-10-2007, 05:54 AM   #16
EBuyuk
Private
Rep
Drives: E60 M5

The question for me is, when is it coming out in Turkey??? I am ready to order it.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2007, 07:04 PM   #17
esquire
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 Dakar Yellow M3, 2018 M5

GT3!!! now i know you're a true car enthusiast. you didn't take the generic 911 turbo route. the white looks great by the way. maybe post a few more pics of the gt3 when you get a chance.

[ESS VT2-625] [Akrapovic Evolution Exhaust] [KW Clubsports] [OSS Angel Eyes] [Revinora r-CRT Lip]
[Vorsteiner Boot] [Challenge Race Diffuser] [See the Build Thread HERE]
Appreciate 0