BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

EXXEL Distributions

05-08-2013, 05:41 PM   #1
HeartMD
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011.75 MW,ZCP E92

My dog just suddenly died this morning

Its kinda crazy that Iam writing about this on a car forum that I literally have spent hundreds of hours learning and discussing our beloved M's but I need to vent. This morning I woke up and found my 8 year old chihuahua under the living room table dead with blood all over her mouth. She had been her usual happy and loving self until last night when she began throwing up and became very lethargic. I gave her a bath and went to bed once she stopped vomiting. This morning I woke up called for her with no response and then I found her. This was probably the sweetest little animal in the world. I can only imagine that she developed some intestinal obstruction or volvulus. It just hurts to think that she suffered til the moment she died and was all alone.
She was so loving and playful. My kids loved her as did the rest of my family. Everyone is devastated. Now I know this is only a little dog but to us she was a member of the family. Its crazy that Iam exposed to death on a weekly basis because of my profession but damn this hurts pretty damn much. I never had any pets growing up and never could truely appreciate how hurt pet owners would get when their pet died. Sorry for the long post but its more of a therapeutic thing.
2011.75 E92 MW/BB extended,ZCP,ZP2,ZCV, IPOD,BMW APPS, Heatedseats,6MT, Edition Black Chrome Grills & Side Gills, CF splitters, CF performance spoiler, CF mirror caps, Turner black anodized pedals, Akropovic Evolution exhaust w/CF tips, Still Undecided on tune, AFE Pro5r, AFE intake scoops, LUX H8
2009 E92 JB/Black 335 xdrive (retired)
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2013, 05:45 PM   #2
RandomHero
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i e92

It's easy for someone to say "it's just a pet" when it's not their own pet. Pets become part of your family, and I completely understand your pain and offer my sympathy.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2013, 06:02 PM   #3
williakz
Banned
Rep
Drives: Lexus LS460

Get another one quickly and move on. Painful memories now will soon turn to treasured ones, and new ones with your next pet will be a continuing source of joy for your entire family. All pet families go through this. Sorry for your loss.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2013, 06:12 PM   #4
F1Venom
Banned
Rep
Drives: ZCP E90 M3

My dog got run over by a UPS truck on March 18th. It's a hard loss. I bought another Pomeranian but he's not the same. My condolences
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2013, 06:14 PM   #5
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Something Italian

I'm sorry to hear that. About 8 months ago my wife and i had to decide to put down our American bulldog of 13 years. Very tough decision and we still miss him dearly. We had not planned on getting another puppy for about 6 months or so, mainly because of the time frame of the breeder we wanted to get one from. But God had other plans and within 7 days he gave us to an 8 week old American bulldog puppy. While we think of our last dog every day, the companionship of our new puppy certainly takes some of the sting away.

Like you i came on here with my broken hearted story, not sure what i would get from OT. But everyone was very sympathetic of my situation and it turned out to be a great comfort for me. Many members said to get another puppy quickly and i was against doing that, but it turned out to be a very big help in getting through the toughest times.

I wish you guys the best while getting though this.
      05-08-2013, 07:31 PM   #6
BigDog
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: YMB F80

I'm really sorry to hear about your loss.... dog's are family, it hurts like no other when you loose them
      05-08-2013, 08:12 PM   #7
BBBluey
Major
Rep
Drives: very slow and courteous

That's a sad way to find your friend.
Sorry for your loss.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2013, 08:12 PM   #8
HeartMD
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011.75 MW,ZCP E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmahany View Post
It's easy for someone to say "it's just a pet" when it's not their own pet. Pets become part of your family, and I completely understand your pain and offer my sympathy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by williakz View Post
Get another one quickly and move on. Painful memories now will soon turn to treasured ones, and new ones with your next pet will be a continuing source of joy for your entire family. All pet families go through this. Sorry for your loss.
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Venom View Post
My dog got run over by a UPS truck on March 18th. It's a hard loss. I bought another Pomeranian but he's not the same. My condolences
Quote:
Originally Posted by MP0WER View Post
I'm sorry to hear that. About 8 months ago my wife and i had to decide to put down our American bulldog of 13 years. Very tough decision and we still miss him dearly. We had not planned on getting another puppy for about 6 months or so, mainly because of the time frame of the breeder we wanted to get one from. But God had other plans and within 7 days he gave us to an 8 week old American bulldog puppy. While we think of our last dog every day, the companionship of our new puppy certainly takes some of the sting away.

Like you i came on here with my broken hearted story, not sure what i would get from OT. But everyone was very sympathetic of my situation and it turned out to be a great comfort for me. Many members said to get another puppy quickly and i was against doing that, but it turned out to be a very big help in getting through the toughest times.

I wish you guys the best while getting though this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDog View Post
I'm really sorry to hear about your loss.... dog's are family, it hurts like no other when you loose them
Thanks for all the kind and heartfelt replies gents.
Today has been a pretty rough day. The family is taking it pretty tough. She was only 8 and everywhere I look they usally live for about 15-22 years hence her untimely death just came out of the blue. We had her cremated. Now what to do with all her little stuffed toys. Oh man this is gonna be a tough time. Anyways thanks for the kind words and all the best to all of you and your pets.
2011.75 E92 MW/BB extended,ZCP,ZP2,ZCV, IPOD,BMW APPS, Heatedseats,6MT, Edition Black Chrome Grills & Side Gills, CF splitters, CF performance spoiler, CF mirror caps, Turner black anodized pedals, Akropovic Evolution exhaust w/CF tips, Still Undecided on tune, AFE Pro5r, AFE intake scoops, LUX H8
2009 E92 JB/Black 335 xdrive (retired)
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2013, 08:22 PM   #9
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Something Italian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeartMD View Post
Thanks for all the kind and heartfelt replies gents.
Today has been a pretty rough day. The family is taking it pretty tough. She was only 8 and everywhere I look they usally live for about 15-22 years hence her untimely death just came out of the blue. We had her cremated. Now what to do with all her little stuffed toys. Oh man this is gonna be a tough time. Anyways thanks for the kind words and all the best to all of you and your pets.
I wondered the same thing, but now every time our new pup is playing with an old toy it just brings a smile to our faces.

We brought the big guy home and buried him in the back yard. He was mostly white so we got a large white quartz rock (110 pounds) and marked his spot with it.
      05-08-2013, 08:53 PM   #10
DemolitionJim
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 MW M3

sorry for your lose as well man.

i had to put my 13.5 year old pure bred german shepard down just about this time last year. had her since she was 2 months old. im an only child so she was like my sister growing up.

very sad thing to have to lose a pet, as they are a part of your family.

a buddy of mine got a call from his sister last summer and his sister said that they were playing in the living room with their one dog and it just dropped dead on the floor mid activity. he was pretty crushed about it.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2013, 08:59 PM   #11
shah269
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009

im so sorry to hear that
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2013, 09:21 PM   #12
jaco
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3 SSII

Sorry to hear, our family had to put down our 15.5 year old Jack Russell. It is a sad moment, every time I go home I miss seeing her and its been 6 months

2015 Chevy SS In
2011 E90 M3 DCT SSII Out
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2013, 09:28 PM   #13
rallysport
Canada
Rep
Drives: bmw 128i

Sorry for your loss. My 3 dogs are my children. I hope it happened in his sleep and he didnt feel any pain. There was no way to know what was going to happen. RIP...
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2013, 09:35 PM   #14
Vic311
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 e92 M3

Sorry for your loss, hopefully she didn't suffer.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2013, 09:41 PM   #15
bosstones
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: o_0

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDog View Post
...dog's are family, it hurts like no other when you lose them
This pretty much says it all. No matter how bad a day you may have had, they're always happy to see you when you walk through the door. Sorry to hear about your untimely loss.
      05-08-2013, 09:47 PM   #16
F1Venom
Banned
Rep
Drives: ZCP E90 M3

It was until recently that I realized how much I loved my dog and how I'd miss him when he passed away. He was only 7 when he got ran over and Pomeranians can live up to 16. He was so smart, especially street smart but he loved chasing loud trucks whenever he knew we were around. It happened right in front of our house too.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2013, 09:57 PM   #17
JLed79
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Fast, very very fast...

Man that sucks. I'm sorry for your loss. I deal with death quite a bit with my profession as well, but the loss of an innocent pet can be completely devastating. Most of the time I like animals better than people. Im truly sorry. I know it is cliche, but getting another one quickly really does help. All the best to you and your family.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2013, 10:10 PM   #18
Joekerr
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi S6

Sorry for your loss - pets are an amazing way to bring joy and happiness to your life, and its terrible when they are gone.

Still, as others have said, another pet will help - in my opinion, not right away, but in due time - maybe after a few months.

Dogs are great! I'm not much of a cat lover though.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2013, 10:13 PM   #19
Nkc
NOOB
Canada
Rep
Drives: Cars

Sorry to hear. Dogs usually go off alone to die so don't feel that he/she was alone at the time, its just what they do. 8 yrs old does seem very young for a chihuahua but regardless of age, its always shitty. I've have many of my dogs pass in my lifetime and it often hurts more than a close friend or family member passing away simply because of the amount of time we actually spend with them and the unconditional love they give back. Its time to move on and for the family's sake, get another dog. I would also recommend that you adopt.
      05-08-2013, 10:28 PM   #20
Vanmarsenille
In On The Kill Taker
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 MB GLS550; 2016 RR HSE

I am sorry to hear that; your story makes me sad. Best thing is to get another dog as soon as you can.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2013, 11:31 PM   #21
bumere90
Grozniy
United_States
Rep
Drives: Carless

Man, I totally feel your pain. I have a GS and he became part of my family. This is the thing with pets, you get so tied to them that you don't want to let them go.
I would go and adopt another pet, so that it will help you to forget.
      05-08-2013, 11:33 PM   #22
amanda hor$t
Banned
Rep
Drives: a380

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanmarsenille View Post
I am sorry to hear that; your story makes me sad. Best thing is to get another dog as soon as you can.
or just have a relative with a dog
Appreciate 0