BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

EXXEL Distributions

09-06-2014, 12:30 PM   #1
phil3103
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E90 / E46M3

Extended warranty question (UK specific)

Ok when I bought my e92 a couple of months ago I purchased a 2nd year warranty for £500 at point of purchase. Seemed a good deal at the time as my previous audi's have all cost c£1200+ once out of the manufacturers and then AUC period.

When I didn't receive any paperwork to support the 2nd year I queried this. The dealer said that it wasn't possible for them to buy the second year until the AUC year expires. So they'll just hang in to my money for 12 months (and use the capital In their business presumably) and then buy it for me. Contractually this sucks. I bought a car with a two year warranty. What I've actually got is a car with a one year warranty and a promise to use my funds to buy a second year at the end of the first year. BMW UK confirmed this is "normal practice".

How do you people feel about this? Is this common knowledge. Personally I'd have rather they were upfront and said it wasn't possible to buy it but if I phoned back in 12 months I could buy one for £500. What happens if the dealer goes into administration in that time? I can say with certainty that I wouldn't see my £500 nor would there be any funds to buy the warranty.

Am I getting my knickers in a knot here or would this pish you off if you'd been told one thing, paid for it, to then find out it's something different?
Appreciate 0