BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

11-11-2007, 11:23 PM   #23
Kev
Critical Care Anesthesiologist
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: SMB F83

Garage List
Most of the cops are cool and I've met plenty when I was on trauma call. Some of the bad apple cops are real pricks though.

I was at Logan about 2 months to pick up a friend of mine. The first time I stopped at the pick up area, a State Trooper came by and told me that I can't stop there, so I proceeded to circle around the terminals for a couple times until my friend called me. After I got back to the pick up area, I saw my friend outside of the terminal and she was calling my cell. So, I picked up my cell and told her where I am. All of a sudden, this pissed off, raging bull looking State Trooper came running at my car and started knocking on my window and throwing his arms up in the air. I pointed to him that my friend is walking right over and she just called me. His reply was, "I don't care. I told you the rules once and you just don't listen. NOW LEAVE IMMEDIATELY."

At that point, I just don't care what happens. I turned around and told him, "Officer, I hope you never have to land in our trauma bay because you try to abuse your power, coz you really don't want to see me there as one of your care providers."
      11-12-2007, 12:06 AM   #24
f30er
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F85

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev View Post
Most of the cops are cool and I've met plenty when I was on trauma call. Some of the bad apple cops are real pricks though.

I was at Logan about 2 months to pick up a friend of mine. The first time I stopped at the pick up area, a State Trooper came by and told me that I can't stop there, so I proceeded to circle around the terminals for a couple times until my friend called me. After I got back to the pick up area, I saw my friend outside of the terminal and she was calling my cell. So, I picked up my cell and told her where I am. All of a sudden, this pissed off, raging bull looking State Trooper came running at my car and started knocking on my window and throwing his arms up in the air. I pointed to him that my friend is walking right over and she just called me. His reply was, "I don't care. I told you the rules once and you just don't listen. NOW LEAVE IMMEDIATELY."

At that point, I just don't care what happens. I turned around and told him, "Officer, I hope you never have to land in our trauma bay because you try to abuse your power, coz you really don't want to see me there as one of your care providers."

Lol, what do you do if you don't mind me asking?? Earlier this year, I got pulled over when I was living in Ohio...I was stupid enough to believe all these people that said that the speedometer was off....Anyways, I got pulled over, and because I had a Cali drivers license, was told I had to pay the fine immediately...So we walk back to his car and he starts writing down my credit card info on....While he was writing everything down, we just started talkin and after a few minutes, I told him how I was a med. student and I knew that I deserved to get a ticket, but a speeding ticket was really expensive and if he would be willing to write me up for something else....anything else, as long as the fine wasn't as much....he asked what kind of doc I wanted to be and I immediately replied "er doc or trauma surgeon" and proceeded to give him a very BS filled explanation on why.....so he turns around, looks at me, and just hands me the ticket & fine, but with the carbon-copies attached! He said it was a personal policy of his not to give tickets to doctors, and especially ER docs because he didn't want to someday have to go to the ER, and be treated by a doc that he gave a ticket to! He said have a nice day and that was that!!!
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2007, 12:36 AM   #25
Kev
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by zameergill View Post
Lol, what do you do if you don't mind me asking?? Earlier this year, I got pulled over when I was living in Ohio...I was stupid enough to believe all these people that said that the speedometer was off....Anyways, I got pulled over, and because I had a Cali drivers license, was told I had to pay the fine immediately...So we walk back to his car and he starts writing down my credit card info on....While he was writing everything down, we just started talkin and after a few minutes, I told him how I was a med. student and I knew that I deserved to get a ticket, but a speeding ticket was really expensive and if he would be willing to write me up for something else....anything else, as long as the fine wasn't as much....he asked what kind of doc I wanted to be and I immediately replied "er doc or trauma surgeon" and proceeded to give him a very BS filled explanation on why.....so he turns around, looks at me, and just hands me the ticket & fine, but with the carbon-copies attached! He said it was a personal policy of his not to give tickets to doctors, and especially ER docs because he didn't want to someday have to go to the ER, and be treated by a doc that he gave a ticket to! He said have a nice day and that was that!!!
I'm a 3rd year med student who was taking trauma calls during that time. In fact, I had my white coat hanging in the back seat...... My school runs the largest trauma center in NE so we see a lot of action at our ED
      11-12-2007, 12:40 AM   #26
O-cha
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Mcoupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev View Post

What is a state trooped doing telling you what to do at an airport? I would have told him to get bent.
      11-12-2007, 12:43 AM   #27
Kev
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by O-cha View Post
What is a state trooped doing telling you what to do at an airport? I would have told him to get bent.
LOL~ In Taxachusetts, they have cops standing guard at every road construction site so it's not far-fetched that they stationed State Troopers at the airport to direct traffic.

As Bostonians would say, this is fucking "retaaaaaaded" (with nasal)
      11-12-2007, 07:14 AM   #28
darkcloud
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 VW JSW

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyulak View Post
Darkcloud, the only time I actually contested a ticket was in Cleveland. Wouldn't you know, the cop didn't show. There were plenty of other Cleveland cops, but mine must have decided to take a vacation day.
Yep. You'll go and there will always be a cop or 2 there but if you notice their always there for more serious violations or have multiple speeders fighting on one day. If you happen to be the only speeder he has booked that morning protesting a ticket it isn't worth it for him to make the time to show up, even if he does get time and a half for it, it's just a PITA.

The only way the judge won't drop your ticket is if you are a complete asshole to him or he's having a really bad day. If that were the case then he'll have the officer ordered to show up and you'll wait until he does. It's never happened to me but I have been in the court room when it happened to someone else. The guy looked like a drunk and instead of just asking for the ticket to be dropped he decided to tell the judge how the ticket was BS, wasn't smart

Regardless, I fight every ticket no matter what city I'm in in the Cleveland area. It hasn't failed me once. I still pay a fine but they knock the points off and just put down a vague non-moving violation.

retired 06 E90 325i

New: 09 VW Platinum Grey Jetta Sportwagen 2.0T SEL w/DSG, panoramic sunroof and Ipod adapter
Appreciate 0