BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

BPM

05-16-2010, 06:37 PM   #45
opie
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 Audi R8 4.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by vladberca View Post
I don t consider an upgrade what u've bought... Maybe a v10 model, but not with v8 engine...

Oh wow... I'm sorry.
I should have sought your approval before making car purchases.
I'll ask you next time okay? kthxbye!
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2010, 06:38 PM   #46
opie
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACZakka325i View Post
Let us know when you've lived with either of these cars. Until then you are limited to reviewing Jettas.
Well said and hilarious!
Hahaha....
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2010, 06:43 PM   #47
opie
Private
United_States
Rep

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHat View Post
One doesn't have to hate ANY other car to appreciate his own. I hope you really enjoy that R8 and wish you well.

I think the R8 is an awesome looking car and in the "super car" category as I assess it. I'll say this about the M3 though, whenever I see a comparison where it loses, I can't help but think it's still very practical and doesn't lose by much, especially when factoring in the price.
THIS.

I loved my M5s, M3 and the various MB cars including an SLK55 AMG I have had but the R8 is simply the best sports car I have ever owned for MY purposes. I'm debating a 335 sedan or possibly something more utilitarian for grocery run/winter driving purposes but haven't settled on it yet.

For those who have an inferiority complex about their cars, get a life.

For those who are car enthusiasts (which is what I appreciated about this forum by the way) thank you for your congratulations. I hope to keep learning about cars and the latest in the BMW world on here from you guys.

Just because I don't have an M3 now doesn't mean I won't get one again in the future as the car evolves.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2010, 07:18 PM   #48
RichB
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 M3 e90

Congrats on the new ride. Gorgeous car. One of my last track days I met a guy who drove his R8 as a daily driver. He loved his car.

If I did not need room for 4 people in my car, I would seriously consider getting a 2-seater. IMO, it is hard to beat the feel of a light weight sports car. I owned a Boxster S a few years back and it had a great feel. I do miss it.

The M3 is an absolutely fabulous daily driver.....excellent driving feel, well integrated communications system (ipod, Sirrius, HD Radio, Nav, etc), addicting sound, linear power delivery, in a good looking design. Oh yeah...and it holds 4-5 people. Probably the best car I could ever car I could want at this point in my life.....But it is not a 3K lb 2-seater that is more designed to be a track rat. I have a strong desire to get another 2-seater. I will own another one in my life. Remember to drive it like Audi expects it to be driven....hard and fast.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2010, 07:19 PM   #49
BigHat
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '11 M3 E93

Quote:
Originally Posted by opie View Post
THIS.

I loved my M5s, M3 and the various MB cars including an SLK55 AMG I have had but the R8 is simply the best sports car I have ever owned for MY purposes. I'm debating a 335 sedan or possibly something more utilitarian for grocery run/winter driving purposes but haven't settled on it yet.

For those who have an inferiority complex about their cars, get a life.

For those who are car enthusiasts (which is what I appreciated about this forum by the way) thank you for your congratulations. I hope to keep learning about cars and the latest in the BMW world on here from you guys.

Just because I don't have an M3 now doesn't mean I won't get one again in the future as the car evolves.
Good luck with it.

Check in from time to time. I'd love to hear your updates on the experience. I know you'll give us the good and bad. This car is a MAJOR interest of mine.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2010, 07:39 PM   #50
opie
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichB View Post
Congrats on the new ride. Gorgeous car. One of my last track days I met a guy who drove his R8 as a daily driver. He loved his car.

If I did not need room for 4 people in my car, I would seriously consider getting a 2-seater. IMO, it is hard to beat the feel of a light weight sports car. I owned a Boxster S a few years back and it had a great feel. I do miss it.

The M3 is an absolutely fabulous daily driver.....excellent driving feel, well integrated communications system (ipod, Sirrius, HD Radio, Nav, etc), addicting sound, linear power delivery, in a good looking design. Oh yeah...and it holds 4-5 people. Probably the best car I could ever car I could want at this point in my life.....But it is not a 3K lb 2-seater that is more designed to be a track rat. I have a strong desire to get another 2-seater. I will own another one in my life. Remember to drive it like Audi expects it to be driven....hard and fast.
Thanks Rich.
I agree with you on the integrated communications systems.
Stepping into the R8 was like going back in time 10 years in terms of telephone and music connectivity and general software design. The E9x cars have such a well designed tele-info-matics system (iDrive FTW!!! never thought I'd ever say that in a million years) in the MY2009 and on.

Anyway, I can't wait to hit the track soon with the R8
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2010, 07:44 PM   #51
opie
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHat View Post
Good luck with it.

Check in from time to time. I'd love to hear your updates on the experience. I know you'll give us the good and bad. This car is a MAJOR interest of mine.
Will do.
So far, the long doors are a pain in the ass - just like the M3 coupe doors, just a bit "pointier" where they could whack into another car.
Oh, and finding 18 inch wheels for winter/track duty without going to the super-light Lamborghini wheels is a real pain that's yielded nothing in a month of searching.
Go figure....
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2010, 07:54 PM   #52
opie
Private
United_States
Rep

Had a great weekend!
This is what I spent it driving
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-16-2010, 08:21 PM   #53
RayC
Lieutenant
South Korea
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by opie View Post
Had a great weekend!
This is what I spent it driving
Nice!

BRB need to change pants.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2010, 08:44 PM   #54
Roby84m
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: ///M3 E92 ZCP

Before ordering my 2011 M3 I was in a dilemma in between M3 and R8. You know what honestly i am still considering about buying an R8 someday or something equivalent to it because I am single and most of the time i don't need the rear seats. For me performance is the least factor since i am not going to track those cars so often but at least once i will go to a ring and see. Yeah! R8 is a head turner for sure.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2010, 08:48 PM   #55
AMOCHOSTO
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: IB BB E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by alito View Post
That R8 is my next car in a couple of years. I am waiting for the convertible to be out 1-2 years to work out all the bugs. After that, never a BMW again. (refer to DCT link)
R8 Convertible looks exactly like an Audi TT

Appreciate 0
      05-16-2010, 09:12 PM   #56
M-Tuned
JOY IS BMW.
Rep
Drives: 2010 AW/FR E92 M3 & 2018 X5

nice!! is it just me or what, I really don't consider the new LED headlights are an upgrade.
Appreciate 0