BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Cosmetic/Visual (Exterior + Interior) Modifications

BPM

04-29-2013, 11:56 AM   #23
HoodR$CH
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: AW E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPWINCH View Post
Coming from the dude who lives in Cincinnati. Cross shop houses in California compared to Ohio. Some people believe money is better spent on cars and other believe money is better spent on Real Estate. And who said I cant afford an M!? Stop making silly assumptions
would rather wake up to this everyday than an M3:

Real money don't talk...

nice place though.

Brembo BBK|BPM Tune|HRE P43 SC|BMW Performance Seats|KWV3
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2013, 12:09 PM   #24
slicer
Major General
Rep
Drives: 'E46 M3 Race Car, '23 X7

Quote:
Originally Posted by xfirer1guy View Post
If you knew anything you'd know that these "shittiest" tires are as high rated as PSS, yet 70% the cost. In the size tires I run these are very few options. Thanks for stopping by my thread to show your stupidity and talk smack jerk off. Stfu and stfu m k?
Seems like an extreme reaction for his statement IMO. The truth is that V12's are a cheap tire that tries to match the performance of the high end options. The fact is they are a good tire for the money but don't perform as well as the higher end options. He was pointing out the facts and you immediately belittle him??? I have had V12's and happen to agree that they don't perform as well as the others. I agree that it doesn't make a ton of sense that you would drop top dollar on the wheels but compromise on the tires... It doesn't matter how much money I have or what type of car I drive it's still a reasonable assessment. You seem to be happy with them and that's what really matters.
'04 M3 - Fall Line Motorsports Built Race Car - S65 swap, Dry Sump, Bosch Stand-Alone ECU, Drenth Sequential Trans, MCS 3-Way, Flossmann Wide Body, Brembo Motorsports Brakes, Drexler LSD, BBS E88 Etc.
INSTAGRAM - @Slicer_M
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2013, 12:23 PM   #25
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: F82GTS, E36/E92M3, Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsmkr01 View Post
Do it!! Getting mine powder coated in two weeks. Forged wheels to slap on when you want to go for a very spirited drive and not worry about tinking up your ZCPs. Speaking of which you need to come visit COLA... I have a sick 70 mile "track"
Haha bad influences all around. I'm definitely up for a drive though, will be gone this weekend, but then I'm free most of May. Let me throw my Borlas and I'll hit you up.

P.S. Yea I think the 220M's would look pretty awesome in this finish haha. We'll see, I'm still hoping to sell them though.
07 E85 Z4M Roadster, Alpine White/Red, 6MT
99 E36 M3, Techno Violet/Dove Grey, 6MT
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2013, 12:31 PM   #26
the_road_less_traveled
Id rather be boating...
United_States
Rep
Drives: Baja 26 Outlaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by slicer View Post
Seems like an extreme reaction for his statement IMO. The truth is that V12's are a cheap tire that tries to match the performance of the high end options. The fact is they are a good tire for the money but don't perform as well as the higher end options. He was pointing out the facts and you immediately belittle him??? I have had V12's and happen to agree that they don't perform as well as the others. I agree that it doesn't make a ton of sense that you would drop top dollar on the wheels but compromise on the tires... It doesn't matter how much money I have or what type of car I drive it's still a reasonable assessment. You seem to be happy with them and that's what really matters.
Im an extreme person, especially when I work hard for something, then someone with no tact comes onto my space and bashes it to pieces. The fact is, they may not be as high end as PSS, but the way he came across was unnecessary. That talk would 100% of the time get a back lashing from me. That's my personality and I wont apologize for being me.

Onto the facts, from my research the Evo12 and PSS were about the only tires made in my sizes and Evo12 was extremely high rated. PSS was $1000 more. I knew I was building a show car that would never be tracked. I intended to go PSS all the way from the get go, but after reading tons of positive reviews and seeing comparisons online and in magazines, the extra $1000 became more difficult to let go.

So, this tires to 100% what I bough them for and I'm very happy. BTW, I had PSS on the wheels that were on the car prior to the HRE's.
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2013, 12:32 PM   #27
Nati Beastcat
Party at the Moontower
Rep
Drives: X5D

Quote:
Slicer,

The guy has hella flush wheels and stretched tires!! And he's talking smack about another guys tire choice?? cmon lol

Sticking up for a fellow Cincinnati guy!
Eisenmann race | Test Pipes | BPM Stage 2 | Vorsteiner | Black lines | AA filter | iND cosmetics | KW Sleeve over | 20" BBS LM's | Macht Schnell Tow Strap | Euro modded front bumper | Revinora lip | iND mirror caps | BMW spoiler | BMW Steering wheel | iND Interior Pkg |You bet Jerez its black and i'll never go back! Instagram @NATIBEASTCAT
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2013, 12:33 PM   #28
the_road_less_traveled
Id rather be boating...
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by W/// View Post
Haha bad influences all around. I'm definitely up for a drive though, will be gone this weekend, but then I'm free most of May. Let me throw my Borlas and I'll hit you up.

P.S. Yea I think the 220M's would look pretty awesome in this finish haha. We'll see, I'm still hoping to sell them though.
You can get all the material from prismaticpowders.com. You need super chrome and what ever color transparent powder you decide to go with. Keeps us posted. I wanna see this on some 359's.
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2013, 12:51 PM   #29
a burrito
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Urus, 958.2 TTS, 997 S

Quote:
+1.... From experience the V12's are maybe 60% as good as the PSS tires but as long as your happy with them thats all that matters. No need for the distasteful comments on $$ and cars. What a low blow.
      04-29-2013, 01:12 PM   #30
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

I would think a good tire is more important than wheel any day. Unless you have massive boat anchors, but still only contact with the road is that rubber.
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2013, 01:51 PM   #31
dmk08
Gone Fishin’
United_States
Rep
Drives: Walks

Love the wheels. I almost sent mine to HRE to get this exact finish. Beat me to it!
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2013, 03:12 PM   #32
positiveions
Lieutenant General
Lebanon
Rep
Drives: 19 Tacoma, 16 Golf wagon

Garage List
Quote:
If you knew anything you'd know that these "shittiest" tires are as high rated as PSS, yet 70% the cost. In the size tires I run these are very few options. Thanks for stopping by my thread to show your stupidity and talk smack jerk off. Stfu and stfu m k?

Aside from that, those wheels will look incredibly good on JB or JZB as well.
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2013, 05:22 PM   #33
Nati Beastcat
Party at the Moontower
Rep
Drives: X5D

Quote:
Originally Posted by positiveions
Quote:

Humm xfire I should drive down and see how these look on the sedan! Just in case you get tired of them.
Eisenmann race | Test Pipes | BPM Stage 2 | Vorsteiner | Black lines | AA filter | iND cosmetics | KW Sleeve over | 20" BBS LM's | Macht Schnell Tow Strap | Euro modded front bumper | Revinora lip | iND mirror caps | BMW spoiler | BMW Steering wheel | iND Interior Pkg |You bet Jerez its black and i'll never go back! Instagram @NATIBEASTCAT
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2013, 08:23 PM   #34
the_road_less_traveled
Id rather be boating...
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by positiveions View Post

Ah, yeah meant to make the comparison to the PS2's, not PSS. PSS is head and shoulders above the Evo's. PS2 gets a 1/2 point higher review on tire rack and C&D rated them the runner up tire comparing to the PS2's. Heres what it boils down to, I dont need to spend $2000 for tires, when I can get a tire that gets %75 of the performance for 1/2 the cost. Its over kill for what I do with the car. If I ragged the car or tracked it, Michelins for sure. To call these "the shittiest" tires is not only incorrect, but its far from the truth.

Now back to the reason I created this post....the wheels, wrap, and headlights! Thanks to those that had positive comments, much appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2013, 08:36 PM   #35
skins333
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 E93 BMW M3 MR/21 X7 40i AW

would never had considered that wheel finish before but love it...very unique and good color scheme you have going there

btw, I have ps2's on my original wheels but still love my hankooks too
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2013, 08:44 PM   #36
the_road_less_traveled
Id rather be boating...
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by skins333 View Post
would never had considered that wheel finish before but love it...very unique and good color scheme you have going there

btw, I have ps2's on my original wheels but still love my hankooks too
Thankee! I had PS2's on the OEM's, but making a comparison wouldnt be fair because they were worn completely out. I'm happy thus far with the Evo's.
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2013, 09:20 PM   #37
ms372
White Shark
Canada
Rep
Drives: AW E92 m3 6MT

loving the color! Hankooks are perfect if your only using the car for the street, your money since you shouldnt be using any of the tires to their limit on the street.
ESS | Challenge x-pipe | Akrapovic | Stoptech BBK (380/355) |Ohlins R&T | Dinan | Vorsteiner | Downforce USA | Varis Diffuser | Gintani | UUC | BMW Performance | Macht Schnell | Forgestar F14's SDC 19x9.5F 19x11R | 255.35 295.30

Appreciate 0
      04-30-2013, 12:15 AM   #38
CPWINCH
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Toyota Prius

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoodR$CH View Post
Real money don't talk...

nice place though.
No doubt. I just find it funny he came at me for saying V12s are shitty and said I cant afford an M and that I am not a real man. Just thought I would show him theres more to life than cars. and thank you for the compliment. Love your car
      04-30-2013, 12:28 AM   #39
Denk
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5M

I love the P40SC, looks awesome! For some reason that finish makes me want to lick 'em. Did I miss your spec's?
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2013, 02:21 AM   #40
0-60Motorsports
Brigadier General
Bahrain
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 JB 04 Coupe

Wow those wheels look amazing! HRE FTW
2011 VW Golf R DSG White/Black
IG: @060Motorsports
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2013, 05:06 PM   #41
DemolitionJim
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 MW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0-60Motorsports View Post
Wow those wheels look amazing! HRE FTW
+1 love the copper and love the deep concave on the wheels as well.
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2013, 06:42 PM   #42
Proper Motion LLC
Custom Powder Coater
Rep
Drives: White 335i Sedan

Cool color, one of my favorite colors to use.
      05-01-2013, 07:09 PM   #43
the_road_less_traveled
Id rather be boating...
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPWINCH View Post
No doubt. I just find it funny he came at me for saying V12s are shitty and said I cant afford an M and that I am not a real man. Just thought I would show him theres more to life than cars. and thank you for the compliment. Love your car
My point was simple, dont throw stones in a glass house because somebody can always come back and talk as much smack as you can. You should have know that kind of talk to an M3 owner would have resulted in a non M car getting blasted. Also, learn some tact.
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2013, 07:13 PM   #44
the_road_less_traveled
Id rather be boating...
United_States
Rep

Updated Pic! I'm like a kid at Christmas.
Appreciate 0