BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Wash, Wax, Detail, Cosmetic Maintenance & Repairs

European Auto Source (EAS)

04-25-2014, 12:11 PM   #1
Hyperjack
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3 E92/ 2012 Chevy Volt

Frozen Grey's turn with Dr.Beasley's

i've been using Swisswax products to maintain the look of my Frozen Grey M3....and i'm not really happy with them. i expected a pricey product, but i didn't expect such cheap presentation.

the bottling , packaging....it all looked cheap once i got the starter kit in the mail. now that's not the end all be all of the quality of a product....but, it ain't a good sign. add to that i had to order the product twice, because the spray mechanism on one of the bottles were so cheaply made, it leaked out into the entire package, damaging all literature and soaking the towels that came with it. an irritating start.

using the product wasn't bad...but it was leaving more of a shine than i cared for.

so i took a cue from edu09 ,who always seems to achieve a nice clean look on that sweet ride of his.

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=971842

....and followed his regiment of Dr.Beasley's matte care products and a finish of BMW's nano wax.

i had my car going into get a clear bra on the next day, so this is my experience with just Beasley's shampoo and sealant.

got the package in the mail....

...nice, simple packaging. already impressed.

and here are the results with just the shampoo and sealant. i don't know if these pics convey it well....but there's a nice ,clean feel to the surface of the paint. a good smell, too.

bottom line, i highly recommend these products . i love the results.

on an unrelated note....some guy on another thread commented on how frozen finishes somehow diminished the design of the E92 M3's body.

that's a laugh

anyone looking at these pictures alone can see every plane, crest, body swell....of this car's masculine design. i love gloss coats a lot, but IMO....nothing shows off these subtle attributes best like a frozen finish.

Last edited by Hyperjack; 04-25-2014 at 06:35 PM..
Appreciate 1
FMLYSDN1179.50
      04-25-2014, 12:19 PM   #2
Alex///M
E90 - the Ultimate family hauler
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 ///M3

Wow

That looks amazing! Such a nice clean finish to the matt colour! Nice work.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2014, 12:27 PM   #3
Elliott@DetailAddict
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90

Looks great!
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2014, 04:08 PM   #4
edu09
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2024 M2, 2022 GT3, 2022 SF90

Garage List
2022 FERRARI SF90  [10.00]
2024 BMW  [10.00]
2022 PORSCHE 992 GT3  [10.00]
man your car looks awesome!
you can see the matte metallic finishing, it looks so clean!
wait and see when you apply the BMW nano wax, it will feel so smooth, you will love it!

Last edited by edu09; 04-26-2014 at 03:09 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2014, 10:12 AM   #5
Saandiaago
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 E92 M3 ZCP DCT

Nice looking ride and excellent product in my experience as well. Still need to try the nanowax but wonder if there is any point on the paint protection film areas?
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2014, 10:33 AM   #6
Hyperjack
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saandiaago View Post
Nice looking ride and excellent product in my experience as well. Still need to try the nanowax but wonder if there is any point on the paint protection film areas?
there is because for one, it protects the life of your film from yellowing and cracking.

secondly, it helps the surface deflect sand, dirt and rock chips.

wax plays the say role for the film as it does for any clear coat on you paint job. just another layer of protection.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2014, 12:35 PM   #7
RS4now
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M3 space gray

a bit off topic but, whose wheels are you running color, size and offset? i like them very much, car looks great!!
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2014, 12:59 PM   #8
Hyperjack
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RS4now View Post
a bit off topic but, whose wheels are you running color, size and offset? i like them very much, car looks great!!
not a problem, i love these wheels as well. took me a long time to find what i wanted on this car.

the wheels are BC Forged HB-S02 Deep Concave Signature Series - 2 Piece ,
F 19x9" ET15, R 19x10" ET20

the finish i can't tell you. i wanted what member Frank Thomas had here
http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthr...omas+BC+HB-s02

when i got them i ended up with this. you can ask Patrick @ Sonic. he can help you out if you need more info.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2014, 01:14 PM   #9
RS4now
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M3 space gray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperjack View Post
not a problem, i love these wheels as well. took me a long time to find what i wanted on this car.

the wheels are BC Forged HB-S02 Deep Concave Signature Series - 2 Piece ,
F 19x9" ET15, R 19x10" ET20

the finish i can't tell you. i wanted what member Frank Thomas had here
http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthr...omas+BC+HB-s02

when i got them i ended up with this. you can ask Patrick @ Sonic. he can help you out if you need more info.
Awesome! thank you for the info. I like your wheels' finish better. maybe its the light, but if i was to order id say your finish.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2014, 02:09 PM   #10
GOLFFRR
Rep
Drives: GOLFFRR cart

holy smokes AJ looks awesome!

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, PM ME FIRST WE CAN HOOK YOU UP!
Jimmy Miller:Jimmym@bmwofcamarillo.com Cell:805-509-2048
If you have any issues getting a hold of Jimmy M PLEASE PM me, I'm available everyday till 545pm!
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2014, 10:02 AM   #11
Hyperjack
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex///M View Post
Wow

That looks amazing! Such a nice clean finish to the matt colour! Nice work.
thanks! it's a pretty simple process to get such a nice end result.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott@DetailAddict View Post
Looks great!
much appreciated , Elliot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by edu09 View Post
man your car looks awesome!
you can see the matte metallic finishing, it looks so clean!
wait and see when you apply the BMW nano wax, it will feel so smooth, you will love it!
now that i have the car back from the installer, i'll have the nano wax on order. i'll probably have it by this weekend and apply it. i'll update this thread with pics! thanks again, for the advice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RS4now View Post
Awesome! thank you for the info. I like your wheels' finish better. maybe its the light, but if i was to order id say your finish.
happy to help! you can check out my build thread if you want to see some close ups of those wheels and their finish...
http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=938235

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLFFRR View Post
holy smokes AJ looks awesome!
thanks for taking a look , Jimmy!
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2014, 11:52 AM   #12
0-60Motorsports
Brigadier General
Bahrain
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 JB 04 Coupe

Car looks stunning. Have you ever thought of having the BMW rear spoiler and the VRS front lip Matte Cleared to match the FGM?
2011 VW Golf R DSG White/Black
IG: @060Motorsports
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2014, 01:22 PM   #13
MikeD
Banned
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 6MT

Wish I had matte
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2014, 02:04 PM   #14
Hyperjack
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0-60Motorsports View Post
Car looks stunning. Have you ever thought of having the BMW rear spoiler and the VRS front lip Matte Cleared to match the FGM?
i take it you mean to apply a film over those CF parts to match the Frozen finish of the car, right?

it's a nice idea, but i personally like how those gloss parts contrast to the matte satin finish of the Frozen Grey paint.

thanks for the nice words!
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2014, 02:08 PM   #15
Hyperjack
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeD View Post
Wish I had matte
you can always apply a matte satin clear film over your car....and BOOM, ya gott matte!

best of both worlds, friend
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2014, 11:12 PM   #16
ucla95
Striker
Rep
Drives: Slow cars

I've watched Dr Beasley's start from zero to now. Great people, well deserved success. Andrew in particular is the matte king of Chicago.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2014, 06:19 PM   #17
Alohaaaaa
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 550xi

Garage List
As someone who has just bought a Frozen Silver M3 Competition Package...

I will be buying this product!

Question: Do you daily your car? Has it been decently easy to take care of? I want to DD mine, but im so scared.
2008 Sparkling Grey Metallic 135i 6MT - JB4 G5 - MHD Race BEF - N54Tuning DP's - ER Chargepipe/w HKS SSQV - Coolingmist Progressive Meth - MMP Hot Side Inlets - AFE Exhaust - Seconday Cat Delete - AMS FMIC - BMS Catch Can - Rob Beck PCV - LUX 160 AE
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2014, 08:54 PM   #18
Hyperjack
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3SPKY5U View Post
As someone who has just bought a Frozen Silver M3 Competition Package...

I will be buying this product!

Question: Do you daily your car? Has it been decently easy to take care of? I want to DD mine, but im so scared.
hey, congratulations on the new purchase....i'm sure she's a beauty!

first off, don't be scared. matte paint is easy to take are of. it can only be a problem for 2 reasons...

1) you're the type that doesn't wash, or like to wash your car regularly.

2) damage. anything that needs to be repainted would likely be expensive to do, mainly because there are so few people that do it well.

so, i suggest 2 things if you have a frozen paint job on your daily driver.

1) use products like Dr.Beasley's. protect you frozen finish with a wax that would help with minor damage and water and bug stains that you don't have to wipe off right away. use the wax at regular intervals and wash your car with the soap every couple of weeks. doesn't take long at all.

2) protect your car with a film like expel stealth ultimate. i just had mine applied to my car. i'll have a thread up later today detailing my experience. i'll post a link for you to follow.

now, mine's not a DD....but this is definitely what i'd be doing if she was.
E92 M3, Indv. Frozen Grey ext., Indv. Rust Brown int.. BC Racing wheels HB-So2, Vorsteiner aero lip, BMW CF spoiler, BMW black chrome grills and gills, IND color match reflector inserts, gloss black wrapped hood vents, M performance exhaust, Dinan CF intake, M5 shift knob, BMW performance pedals.....
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2014, 08:55 PM   #19
Hyperjack
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucla95 View Post
I've watched Dr Beasley's start from zero to now. Great people, well deserved success. Andrew in particular is the matte king of Chicago.
good to know that the people behind the product are as good as the product itself. i feel that much better throwing my money at them !
E92 M3, Indv. Frozen Grey ext., Indv. Rust Brown int.. BC Racing wheels HB-So2, Vorsteiner aero lip, BMW CF spoiler, BMW black chrome grills and gills, IND color match reflector inserts, gloss black wrapped hood vents, M performance exhaust, Dinan CF intake, M5 shift knob, BMW performance pedals.....
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2014, 09:33 PM   #20
Alohaaaaa
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 550xi

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperjack View Post
hey, congratulations on the new purchase....i'm sure she's a beauty!

first off, don't be scared. matte paint is easy to take are of. it can only be a problem for 2 reasons...

1) you're the type that doesn't wash, or like to wash your car regularly.

2) damage. anything that needs to be repainted would likely be expensive to do, mainly because there are so few people that do it well.

so, i suggest 2 things if you have a frozen paint job on your daily driver.

1) use products like Dr.Beasley's. protect you frozen finish with a wax that would help with minor damage and water and bug stains that you don't have to wipe off right away. use the wax at regular intervals and wash your car with the soap every couple of weeks. doesn't take long at all.

2) protect your car with a film like expel stealth ultimate. i just had mine applied to my car. i'll have a thread up later today detailing my experience. i'll post a link for you to follow.

now, mine's not a DD....but this is definitely what i'd be doing if she was.
Fortunately BMW threw in a 20k "appearance" warranty, covering any scratches/damage/dents/interior damage. So hopefully they will take care of my baby if some moron decides I don't deserve to have such a pretty car. Or if my goofy girlfriend accidentally spills...

Fortunately for me, anywhere I park is fairly exclusive, so parking damage is not a huge issue. And I wash my 335 every week, the same will go for the M.
2008 Sparkling Grey Metallic 135i 6MT - JB4 G5 - MHD Race BEF - N54Tuning DP's - ER Chargepipe/w HKS SSQV - Coolingmist Progressive Meth - MMP Hot Side Inlets - AFE Exhaust - Seconday Cat Delete - AMS FMIC - BMS Catch Can - Rob Beck PCV - LUX 160 AE
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2014, 11:21 AM   #21
Chewbaccam
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3 Frozen Grey

Dr. Beasley's is awesome. Yes, its a little pricey, but I find it cleans the car really well. Like Edu said, get some of the BMW matte wax as the finisher, it helps protect the car. As a daily driver, I get bird poop, bug spatter, etc on it on a regular basis and sometimes I can't get to it right away- with the wax on it, I'm able to spray some detailing spray on it, wait about 30 seconds, then wipe off with ease. I went through Dr. Beasley's finishing/detailing spray pretty quickly (it gets pretty dusty and pollon-y in TX), so I decided to give Chemical Guys matte detailing spray a try and so far, its pretty good (and considerably cheaper).
Appreciate 0