BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > Canada

Mporium BMW

12-25-2011, 01:36 PM   #1
BMW Fanatic
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: slow

Got rear ended last night.

Not really that much of a story to tell except for the fact that I got rear ended, for those of you who are familiar with the area I was taking a right off of Mcknight BLVD on to 52nd Street NE. Couple cars in front of me on the merger so I had to stop and BANG some guy comes and hits me right from behind. I was pissed at this point, go outside to check and you can tell this guy is just one of those guys that doesn't understand an M3 isn't a *cheap* car to fix. At first it just looked like paint work or even a 3 stage detail and it would good as new but now I can see there is a tiny dent in the center of the bumper and the two exhaust pipes on the left are sticking out a tad bit more than the ones on the right so I'm assuming the bumper is bent.

I have 2 concerns, the guy doesn't want to go through insurance, he wants to pay cash. So just for my peace of mind I have decided after writing this I'm going to head down to the police station on the 14th St. NW to file a quick report just in case he does try to back out of it.

Secondly, does anyone know when Screamin' Paint Works is resuming business? I'm hoping it's not the 3rd of January like most other places, I'm not really feeling to take it to the dealership as I know for a fact Screamin' does incredible work and wait time isn't that bad.

Will post pics in a little while, the car is spotless but not the rear bumper so I'm gonna get that done and see how bad the damage really is.

If anyone is selling a rear-bumper, OEM, then PM me just in case I might need it. Hoping for local but shipping in Canada is fine as long as you make sure it will be wrapped properly and everything.

EDIT - Police station isn't open until Tuesday, officer that answered assured me there isn't a time frame on reporting a 'minor collision'. So we shall go from there.

Last edited by BMW Fanatic; 12-25-2011 at 01:44 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2011, 01:42 PM   #2
Giccy
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: like he has much to learn

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW Fanatic View Post
Not really that much of a story to tell except for the fact that I got rear ended, for those of you who are familiar with the area I was taking a right off of Mcknight BLVD on to 52nd Street NE. Couple cars in front of me on the merger so I had to stop and BANG some guy comes and hits me right from behind. I was pissed at this point, go outside to check and you can tell this guy is just one of those guys that doesn't understand an M3 isn't a *cheap* car to fix. At first it just looked like paint work or even a 3 stage detail and it would good as new but now I can see there is a tiny dent in the center of the bumper and the two exhaust pipes on the left are sticking out a tad bit more than the ones on the right so I'm assuming the bumper is bent.

I have 2 concerns, the guy doesn't want to go through insurance, he wants to pay cash. So just for my peace of mind I have decided after writing this I'm going to head down to the police station on the 14th St. NW to file a quick report just in case he does try to back out of it.

Secondly, does anyone know when Screamin' Paint Works is resuming business? I'm hoping it's not the 3rd of January like most other places, I'm not really feeling to take it to the dealership as I know for a fact Screamin' does incredible work and wait time isn't that bad.

Will post pics in a little while, the car is spotless but not the rear bumper so I'm gonna get that done and see how bad the damage really is.

If anyone is selling a rear-bumper, OEM, then PM me just in case I might need it. Hoping for local but shipping in Canada is fine as long as you make sure it will be wrapped properly and everything.
Really sorry to hear that dude, hopefully it works out!

May that sucker pay in any way that's convenient for you - no need to do him any favours if it means you can't get your car fixed the way you want to
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2011, 02:14 PM   #3
TheBingoBalls
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
Sorry to hear. I almost got hit head on last night turning on an advance and the other driver tried to speed through the red. Drivers are stupid this time of year. Hope everything is ok and there is no serious damage to your M3.
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2011, 04:01 PM   #4
Prince_of_Persia
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 6MT E92 M3

Dude, sorry to hear that, bad timing too! I am sure she will get fixed in no time.

AW|FR 6MT E92 ///M3
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2011, 04:03 PM   #5
CPI
403_e39
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2003 ///M5

Garage List
Damn bro! That really sucks. I know the area you are talking about. I had a fender bender similar to yours in my 335i and my rear bumper had a small indent. Not to noticeable but it cost about $1200 to fix it up.

I would recommend getting some estimates from other shops in the mean time like marnello or national collision until Screamin Paintworks opens up and make sure he is aware of how much he will have to pay.

||KWVI Coilovers||Matte Black Grille||28% Tint||Iforged Daytona||19X8 19X10||H&S Exhaust||Exotics Tuning Lip||Slimmbones Rear Diffuser II||AngelIBright V3 Angel Eyes|| Fog light covers||UUC RK6 Shift Knob||
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2011, 07:17 PM   #6
PhillyNate
ENTHUSIAST
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 Porsche Cayman

Garage List
Really sorry to hear that. Someone destroyed my daily driver yesterday while parked on the corner of my block. My wife and I came back from the mall in the M3 to see the whole driver side beat. No note left. Welcome to Philadelphia.
Good luck my friend.
2011 Alpine White BMW M3 6mt ZCP Coupe(forced retirement 06/06/14)
2008 Alpine White BMW 328i 6mt Coupe(retired 06/21/11
)
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2011, 11:25 PM   #7
Kwando
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i xDrive

Sucks bro. So if you're filing a report you'll be going through insurance? If so I'd contact insurance asap they might be open Monday..
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2011, 11:36 PM   #8
schnell325
Bored at work....
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 F82 M4 GTS//2022 M235iGC

Merry f-n Christmas.
Grey Matter:2008 E92 M3:608/425. SG/PS SOLD!
Dark Matter:2015 F80 M3:495/505. SOLD!
Anti Matter :2016 F82 M4 GTS
What next?!? A 2022 M235i GC- I must be getting old
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2011, 04:00 PM   #9
Prince_of_Persia
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 6MT E92 M3

I think I saw your car yesterday at chinook center, it wasn't that bad.

AW|FR 6MT E92 ///M3
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2011, 06:15 PM   #10
BMW Fanatic
Banned
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giccy Gic View Post
Really sorry to hear that dude, hopefully it works out!

May that sucker pay in any way that's convenient for you - no need to do him any favours if it means you can't get your car fixed the way you want to
Thanks man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 宝马.e90 View Post
Sorry to hear. I almost got hit head on last night turning on an advance and the other driver tried to speed through the red. Drivers are stupid this time of year. Hope everything is ok and there is no serious damage to your M3.
I hate when people do that, that's why even if I'm in the middle of the intersection and the light is red I won't move until the opposing traffic has completely stopped.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_of_Persia View Post
Dude, sorry to hear that, bad timing too! I am sure she will get fixed in no time.
I know man, sucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPI View Post
Damn bro! That really sucks. I know the area you are talking about. I had a fender bender similar to yours in my 335i and my rear bumper had a small indent. Not to noticeable but it cost about $1200 to fix it up.

I would recommend getting some estimates from other shops in the mean time like marnello or national collision until Screamin Paintworks opens up and make sure he is aware of how much he will have to pay.
Sucks man. I'm gonna end up getting it done from Reborn Auto Body, meant to be one of the best in Alberta. Estimate came out to just a little under $2000.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyNate View Post
Really sorry to hear that. Someone destroyed my daily driver yesterday while parked on the corner of my block. My wife and I came back from the mall in the M3 to see the whole driver side beat. No note left. Welcome to Philadelphia.
Good luck my friend.
Sucks to hear that man, let us know what happens with that! Good luck to you too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwando View Post
Sucks bro. So if you're filing a report you'll be going through insurance? If so I'd contact insurance asap they might be open Monday..
Contacted em today, second adjuster is gonna come around tomorrow or the day after. Also, couldn't file a report because it's less than $2000 worth of damage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by schnell325 View Post
Merry f-n Christmas.
& a Happy New Year!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_of_Persia View Post
I think I saw your car yesterday at chinook center, it wasn't that bad.
Probably did bro. I know that's what I thought but it is cracked, they're gonna have to replace the bumper.
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2011, 06:17 PM   #11
Giccy
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: like he has much to learn

Quote:
Probably did bro. I know that's what I thought but it is cracked, they're gonna have to replace the bumper.
Reward yourself with the performance spoiler on the new one!

(and make buddy pay for it)
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2011, 06:21 PM   #12
BMW Fanatic
Banned
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giccy Gic View Post
Reward yourself with the performance spoiler on the new one!

(and make buddy pay for it)
I don't think I'm gonna buy any more cosmetic mods for this car besides my rims. I'm looking to trade it in on a 2012 E92. I plan on keeping the car until ///M division releases another NA engine (never gonna happen), I've already gone through a blown engine and now this. Don't wanna be the one to hold on to it.
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2011, 09:10 PM   #13
PhillyNate
ENTHUSIAST
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 Porsche Cayman

Garage List
Quote:
Sucks to hear that man, let us know what happens with that! Good luck to you too.
Bought a 2006 Honda Accord LX Special Edition sedan tonight. 2.4 litre 166 horsepower automatic with 93k on the odometer. Feels and drives brand new. Got a 1 year warranty just in case though. This a hell of an upgrade from what I had. The 2001 Saturn SL2 had no ammenities and this feels like a limo in comparison. I had to say goodbye to an old reliable companion and welcome a new one. I didn't necessarily want a car now but I probably needed it despite someone destroying it. I wish you the very best of luck my friend.
2011 Alpine White BMW M3 6mt ZCP Coupe(forced retirement 06/06/14)
2008 Alpine White BMW 328i 6mt Coupe(retired 06/21/11
)
Appreciate 0