BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / CT / PA

BPM

04-21-2009, 07:09 PM   #23
xrayos
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 M3 AW/BLK

how does someone only have 5k of property damage? yet she can afford a Tahoe. I mean it's not a cheap SUV.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2009, 07:11 PM   #24
islandguy19
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 E92 AW M3

Garage List
2008 E92 M3  [0.00]
how much is the total cost in damages?
      04-23-2009, 10:36 AM   #25
berniec
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: none yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrayos View Post
how does someone only have 5k of property damage? yet she can afford a Tahoe. I mean it's not a cheap SUV.
tahoe is probably leased and she changed the limits after she submitted proof of insurance to the finance co. at lease signing.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2009, 01:49 PM   #26
berniec
Private First Class
Rep

just got the word today, it's getting totaled
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2009, 02:26 PM   #27
AwesomeM3
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F95 X5MC

Garage List
2015 BMW X5 M  [10.00]
2020 BMW X5M Compet ...  [0.00]
2008 M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by berniec View Post
I guess that's good news for you...so what's next???
      04-24-2009, 02:32 PM   #28
ase2dais
//Mdicted
United_States
Rep
Drives: a Cop Magnet

Garage List
Glad you're ok... but IMO you dont want that repaired
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2009, 02:33 PM   #29
Big Windy
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: None

Quote:
that's definitely good.

totally random, but that one pic showing the front headlamp reminds me of the terminator in the last scene of the movie...
      04-24-2009, 09:59 PM   #30
equ
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Croc & toaster

Glad to hear it get totaled. I know that intersection, people do speed down that bridge (was that the direction you were going, into Hob?).

Gap insurance should pay you back prorated what you put down.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2009, 01:07 AM   #31
d_dot
4 * General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F12 M6,Audi R8 Lambo Gallardo

same thing happened to me but i was on a bike at a red light. i got a nice little check but im fine lol. glad to see ur ok as well
      04-25-2009, 01:36 AM   #32
schadenfreude
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 E90 M-DCT M3

Garage List
2009 E90 M3  [0.00]
Wow, didn't take much to mess your car up pretty good. I can't believe she didn't have proper insurance. I hope her insurer red flags her to hell so she can never register another car again. She should lose her license permanently for that.
      04-26-2009, 10:28 PM   #33
wuyichao
Private First Class
China
Rep
Drives: C63

holy shit, that sucks.

I got rear ended when i stopped at a red light by a 997 carrera a week after i got my new car. but the only damage was my rear bumper and it worked out pretty well. The next few month i've had phobia of staring at my rear view mirror when i am stationary at a red light, afraid of someone rear ends me again.

by looking at the pic, your car took some serious damage, and it hurts. hope everything works out. and yes, i agree that women shouldnt be allowed to drive those huge SUVs.
      04-27-2009, 10:31 PM   #34
berniec
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by equ View Post
Glad to hear it get totaled. I know that intersection, people do speed down that bridge (was that the direction you were going, into Hob?).

Gap insurance should pay you back prorated what you put down.
yup i was coming back into Hoboken from Weehawken.
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2009, 10:32 PM   #35
berniec
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_dot View Post
same thing happened to me but i was on a bike at a red light. i got a nice little check but im fine lol. glad to see ur ok as well
my R6 is in my parents garage still about 20 min away in bergen co (i only have one parking spot in my buildings garage) or this could have turned out tragically different since it was about 75 that day
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2009, 10:34 PM   #36
berniec
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AwesomeM3 View Post
I guess that's good news for you...so what's next???
nothing this summer, it doesnt make sense to order another one custom (i'm picky lol) and get it at the end of the summer. I'm in the process of buying a house anyway, so i'll just pocket the $ and prob get another M next spring...might do the sedan this time tho..the coupe was a little tight with anybody in the back seats.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2009, 11:37 PM   #37
e46e92love
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 ///M3; X3 (wife's)

Quote:
yup i was coming back into Hoboken from Weehawken.
Thats the one part of living in Hoboken I don't miss

Cheers,
e46e92

"...it's not about the money and not about the brand of the car, it's about handling,performance and passion......And that, no other car has all together like an M3........when you talk about the most complete car the M is invincible." --Tony Kanaan.
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2009, 06:10 PM   #38
e90fanatic
Absolute0
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Has a Roundel

Quote:
Originally Posted by AwesomeM3 View Post
Damn...what a PITA!!!!!
damn thats close to where i live. i hate these dumba$$ drivers...definitely check the cellphone records and nail these bitches
      05-01-2009, 12:56 PM   #39
Jaijai
Banned
Rep
Drives: Alpineweiss M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by e90fanatic View Post
damn thats close to where i live. i hate these dumba$$ drivers...definitely check the cellphone records and nail these bitches

Accidents can happen due to various reasons, so what is the point in being disrespectful to others?

would you like it very much if someone called your wife or mother a bitch? Getting rear ended doesnt necessarily mean that the person who hit you from behind is at fault, even thought it does always come out that way as far as the cops are concerned...many a times people in front of you hit the brakes hard even when there is no one around and the likes....so why bad mouth on a thread? absolutely not necessary....

both drivers came out unharmed and that is the good thing....
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2009, 01:18 PM   #40
e90fanatic
Absolute0
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Has a Roundel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaijai View Post
Accidents can happen due to various reasons, so what is the point in being disrespectful to others?

would you like it very much if someone called your wife or mother a bitch? Getting rear ended doesnt necessarily mean that the person who hit you from behind is at fault, even thought it does always come out that way as far as the cops are concerned...many a times people in front of you hit the brakes hard even when there is no one around and the likes....so why bad mouth on a thread? absolutely not necessary....

Most drivers cant drive properly in this area is ridiculous. i almost got into a head-on yesterday around the same area because some jackass was going the opposite direction ON MY LANE! Though I can't assert anything on the drivers AT FAULT since I was not there. I constantly see people talking on the phone while driving and thus swerving in and out of lane.

my statements are not targeted at a certain group but there are lots of drivers that should NEVER be behind a wheel or at least get BETTER TRAINING. If you don't teach these people a lesson, they'll never learn and will never change their attitude towards driving. The fact the drivers are both fine are merely luck. To the least, it's a good ending as there were no fatalities or major injuries. Try driving in Canada, Europe, Asia...you'll see that most people are more respectful and responsible to others on the road.

Thats my observation but may have been more emotional in my comments as some of these people have almost killed me several times!
      05-01-2009, 06:38 PM   #41
berniec
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaijai View Post

in all honesty if my mother/gf/etc was driving around in a massive truck and hit somebody else, doing 40MPH from behind without even leavin any skidmarks or signs of trying to brake before impact, because they were distracted by whatever they deserve to be called every name in the book.

I was stopped at the intersection for abotu 30 seconds before she hit me, it's not like i slammed on the brakes and surprised her while she glanced away- she had a good amount of time whit my car in plain view..had she been paying attention

yes both drivers came out unharmed THIS TIME, but suppose i took my Yamaha R6 out that day? I'd be fucking dead all because she was careless. Hopefully this will teach her to pay more attention while driving and maybe keep her from killing somebody in the future.
Appreciate 0