BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / CT / PA

08-24-2009, 11:09 AM   #1
Crisp
Lieutenant Colonel
Albania
Rep
Drives: F95 X5M

Garage List
Hawk's Nest Cruise 8/30/2009!!!

Here is the original thread I opened over at e90post.com:

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...=1#post5749050

I would like to end the summer of 2009 with a nice cruise with amazing roads and scenery. Some of you know what this cruise is all about and the others know what they missed out on last time I did this cruise.

This time around, I will have a full cruise planned out including the route and places to eat (thanks to my buddy over at ls2gto.com that planned this back in '07).

Here we go:

Date: SATURDAY August 29th. (EDITED)
Time: 11AM (read below for location)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_York_State_Route_97

Tentative route for our cruise:

Ok first up is the meeting spot!

Once you get off of I-80 for the exit toward Bushkill take that to Route 209 North.

Meeting spot will be at the PocMont Resort on Bushkill Falls Road
( http://www.pocmont.com/ ) this is right off of Rt. 209 N. We will be meeting here at 11am. Try to get here on time because we'll talk some stuff over about the cruise, give out directions and set up our radios.

From there we are on our way! (Make sure everyone has a full tank of gas. There will be no opportunities to gas up along the cruise and this is about a 90 mile run. When you first get off I-80 there will be a few gas stations...donate )

We'll be taking Route 209 North through Bushkill, nice road here, not completely desolate but no commercial traffic, nice scenery (mountains on the left, farmland on the right), and some good opportunities for some high speed blasts with a few nice little curves.

Next we will make the right toward Dingman's Ferry and pay the 75 cent toll to go over the bridge onto Old Mine Road. We will follow Old Mine Road toward Port Jervis. This area is full of lots of nice sweeping turns and rolling hills.

Getting through Port Jervis is going to be a bit of a pain in the ass since we will get separated through the lights. Before heading to Hawks Nest though we will all be able to regroup along the side of the road then make a fast as you can run up the Nest

After that (wipe the crap out of your pants) and continue up Rt-97N toward Barryville. Rt-97 is very nice, lots of good scenery around here.

Once we get to Barryville we will be turning onto SR-55 East. This is a niiiiiice long, desolate road. Lots of chances for high speeds, no cops in sight, almost no one on the road, should be a great time. We'll be taking this all the way up to 17B West. 17B has some nice photo ops but for the most part is a mundane road (that stinks like cow shit). Gets pretty fun toward the last 5 miles in the twisties and then we'll get to Callicoon.

Entering Callicoon is a bit spooky. The town was opened as a railroad town basically and once the trains stopped coming through there the place feels like a ghost town. On top of that the last 3 years the town has been flooded (we're talking like 20 feet of water) and they have repeatedly lost everything. There's 2 main restaurants in town and a very big parking lot where we can stay.

FOOD:

The 2 restaurants are Matthew's on Main and Coyote Jacks (it's renamed now but the name is escaping me)...both look like GREAT places, lots of good food and great beer selection with more than fair prices for what you are getting. It really wouldn't be fair to choose one place to eat (such a small town, 50+ people eating at either of these places would be huge for their business) so the plan is that once we get into town and park....half of the group go to Matthews and the other half Coyote Jacks. Both places have great food and were very, very excited to hear we are coming so I hope that we can get a big turnout for them.

Once we get to that area we will be getting lunch somewhere nice in the area, chilling out for a bit, sharing stories of the cruise, hanging out and probably getting money together to bail certain members out of the local jail.

After a little bit we will head back down Hawks Nest, stop in Port Jervis and split up on our way home. The whole cruise from start to lunch to finish should be about 150 miles.

May seem like a bit long but lets hope we get lucky with a beautiful summer day, have a good group and test our limits just a bit.

Pics/Vids from the last run:

Let's start the list!

1) Crisp
2)
3)
4)
70)
71)

Last edited by Crisp; 08-24-2009 at 11:34 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2009, 11:35 AM   #2
Crisp
Lieutenant Colonel
Albania
Rep
Drives: F95 X5M

Garage List
Please reply over at the e90 thread so we can keep this organized.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...=1#post5749050