BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

European Auto Source (EAS)

09-14-2011, 10:13 AM   #1
Cyrax91
YNWA
United_States
Rep
Drives: Imola Red F80 M3

BMW Individual Colors

Hi guys,

Just out of curiosity do any of you guys with more extreme individual exterior colors get bad comments from people? I live in NM and I dont even think there is an individual bmw out here, but I was showing some pics from the forum to some guys at the local BMW and they thought the cars were painted aftermarket and that they looked terrible. Yes I know, they're idiots. I honestly really like most of the colors out there (love monte carlo blue/fire orange/dakar), but I wonder if people who dont know about the individual option think that it is in some way a tacky mod or something?
      09-14-2011, 10:19 AM   #2
Nelrock
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

I'd never trust the opinion of somebody at the dealership. With the exception of a few obvious forum members/dealerships, the fair majority have no clue what they're selling.
I wish I'd of done more forum research prior to ordering. I really wanted an individual, but neither dealership I contacted was familiar with the process.

2011 E92 M3 | Melbourne Red | Black Novillo w/Carbon Leather Trim | M-DCT | Competition Package | Premium Package 2 | Convenience Package | Enhanced Premium Sound | Heated Front Seats
2004 E46 M3 | Silver Grey | - Retired
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2011, 10:24 AM   #3
MonteCarloM3
Banned
Uzbekistan
Rep
Drives: a shitty M3

MCB is awesome, i still love it and no-one cares it's a special colour because no-one has a clue.

get it because YOU like it.
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2011, 10:29 AM   #4
Cyrax91
YNWA
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelrock View Post
I'd never trust the opinion of somebody at the dealership. With the exception of a few obvious forum members/dealerships, the fair majority have no clue what they're selling.
I wish I'd of done more forum research prior to ordering. I really wanted an individual, but neither dealership I contacted was familiar with the process.
I totally agree. I would have done individual had I known about it. I would have had to order out of Cali or something though because when I tried mentioning it to the guys at BMW not one person had a clue.
      09-14-2011, 10:29 AM   #5
Cyrax91
YNWA
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonteCarloM3 View Post
MCB is awesome, i still love it and no-one cares it's a special colour because no-one has a clue.

get it because YOU like it.
I wish I knew about it I would have ordered MCB its sick.
      09-14-2011, 10:30 AM   #6
kyleb350
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 X3MC

TBH, I didn't know about individual options until reading up on it in the forums. I wouldn't be surprised if many BMW owners never knew about it at all.
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2011, 10:39 AM   #7
Lagunae92
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW e92 M3 Laguna Seca Blue

I have LSB, and would say it is one of the more extreme Individual colors, aside from green. I get a lot of hate here on the forum from people who have never seen one in person, but don't think I have received any negative feedback when someone sees it live. A lot of the "different" colors do not look good in photographs, as the depth and true color cannot often be captured. They usually appear washed out.
Mods: |Electronic Performance Steering Wheel|ZCP CF Spoiler|ZCP CF Spliters|ZCP CF Mirrors|Edition Front Grilles|Edition Side Grilles|BMW Performance Brake Handle|3D Design Pedals| Style Rumore Exhaust|H&R Springs|LCI Tails|Challenge CF Door Panels|
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2011, 10:45 AM   #8
Cyrax91
YNWA
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lagunae92 View Post
I have LSB, and would say it is one of the more extreme Individual colors, aside from green. I get a lot of hate here on the forum from people who have never seen one in person, but don't think I have received any negative feedback when someone sees it live. A lot of the "different" colors do not look good in photographs, as the depth and true color cannot often be captured. They usually appear washed out.
I am just surprised that so many people see individual as a kind of ugly aftermarket paint mod. Rather than an awesome option like the way I see it. One of the guys actually said "i cant believe they did that to an M3". The car I was showing was fire orange. I told him BMW actually did it and its a 5k option and that it was the GTS color. They didnt know what the GTS was and they didnt believe BMW did it. Its just weird that BMW guys dont know these colors exist and they hate on it so much. It was at the dealership at a small M meet so I thought some of them would have a clue.
      09-14-2011, 11:02 AM   #9
Lagunae92
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW e92 M3 Laguna Seca Blue

I have seen that color a few times in person, and it is fantastic! Most of these guys at the dealerships bounce around from company to company. I don't even bother talking to them for answers because most won't know the HP of an M3. You get the "it's peppy" comment, and then they go read the window sticker. Of course, there are a few great CAs who know the colors, the workings of the car, and how to order what you want. Talk to them.
Mods: |Electronic Performance Steering Wheel|ZCP CF Spoiler|ZCP CF Spliters|ZCP CF Mirrors|Edition Front Grilles|Edition Side Grilles|BMW Performance Brake Handle|3D Design Pedals| Style Rumore Exhaust|H&R Springs|LCI Tails|Challenge CF Door Panels|
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2011, 11:10 AM   #10
Cyrax91
YNWA
United_States
Rep

Ya after looking on the forums I see there are a few good dealerships that have the knowledge. I was thinking about trading in and buying an individual in 2012 before the e92's are done. I love the V8. It would be nice to have a individual e92 M3 from the last year of production and keep it forever
      09-14-2011, 11:11 AM   #11
GOLFFRR
Rep
Drives: GOLFFRR cart

Indiv colors def don't get the justice they deserve in photos. With Ryan selling so many individual M's i have been able to see almost all the colors and they are all stunning. Def something to consider when purchasing a bmw.

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, EMAIL OUR GUY KOTE FIRST!
Kote M Sales:Kotem@bmwofcamarillo.com Cell:805-368-9101
vipfinance@bmwofcamarillo.com for warranties!
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2011, 12:03 PM   #12
Nelrock
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrax91 View Post
I am just surprised that so many people see individual as a kind of ugly aftermarket paint mod. Rather than an awesome option like the way I see it. One of the guys actually said "i cant believe they did that to an M3". The car I was showing was fire orange. I told him BMW actually did it and its a 5k option and that it was the GTS color. They didnt know what the GTS was and they didnt believe BMW did it. Its just weird that BMW guys dont know these colors exist and they hate on it so much. It was at the dealership at a small M meet so I thought some of them would have a clue.
Love that color

2011 E92 M3 | Melbourne Red | Black Novillo w/Carbon Leather Trim | M-DCT | Competition Package | Premium Package 2 | Convenience Package | Enhanced Premium Sound | Heated Front Seats
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2011, 12:06 PM   #13
Nelrock
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLFFRR View Post
Indiv colors def don't get the justice they deserve in photos. With Ryan selling so many individual M's i have been able to see almost all the colors and they are all stunning. Def something to consider when purchasing a bmw.
Yeah...you guys are who I had in mind when I said what I said above

Next time!!

Appreciate 0
      09-14-2011, 01:16 PM   #14
Its_lobelt
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4

I just ordered Laguna seca blue and all of the people I know can't wait to see it in person. I'm not even going to talk about how excited I am
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2011, 01:25 PM   #15
Gkap
BMF Movement
Canada
Rep
Drives: Women Crazy

pink. do it.

lol.
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2011, 01:49 PM   #16
Cyrax91
YNWA
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROB_S2K View Post
I just ordered Laguna seca blue and all of the people I know can't wait to see it in person. I'm not even going to talk about how excited I am

I bet id be so excited! When you order your individual do you get the option to match the interior stitching to your exterior color?
      09-14-2011, 02:00 PM   #17
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Honestly, it sounds like you were dealing with some real tools and thus I would consider their opinions completely irrelevant. Actually, in general I would say you should just ignore what others think and do what makes you happy. But here, specifically, I would definitely say you will be best off if you do the exact opposite of what they would do or what they would prefer. There is a certain satisfaction in being the source of a hater's hate, right?

Quote:
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2011, 02:12 PM   #18
Its_lobelt
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4

Quote:
I bet id be so excited! When you order your individual do you get the option to match the interior stitching to your exterior color?
You know what I forgot to ask about this. I was stuck on the Rust Brown interior so it totally escaped my mind. I'm sure if it were requested BMW Individual can do it. After all its only if you put up the money right? lol
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2011, 03:26 PM   #19
Cyrax91
YNWA
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROB_S2K View Post
You know what I forgot to ask about this. I was stuck on the Rust Brown interior so it totally escaped my mind. I'm sure if it were requested BMW Individual can do it. After all its only if you put up the money right? lol
I wonder what the cost would be ha. Sounds like you're gonna have an awesome car congrats
      09-14-2011, 03:43 PM   #20
esquire
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 Dakar Yellow M3, 2018 M5

Despite expecting to get a fair amount of hate, I've only received compliments on my Dakar Yellow II. Sometimes people surprise you...

[ESS VT2-625] [Akrapovic Evolution Exhaust] [KW Clubsports] [OSS Angel Eyes] [Revinora r-CRT Lip]
[Vorsteiner Boot] [Challenge Race Diffuser] [See the Build Thread HERE]
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2011, 03:45 PM   #21
persian54
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M760/G83M4

Quote:
I wonder what the cost would be ha. Sounds like you're gonna have an awesome car congrats
individual interior is about $5k, depending on what you do
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2011, 03:58 PM   #22
Cyrax91
YNWA
United_States
Rep

Damn 5k is alot for the interior