BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

European Auto Source (EAS)

08-22-2011, 08:49 PM   #1
///M Rakete
Rocket Scientist
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 2018 X3 M40i

Going back to the 'Ring

I'm addicted and I live 6,000 miles away.

Hi, my name is...

Anywho, it's like a bad crack habit, or at least what imagine a bad crack habit to be. Well, no, but you all know what I mean.

I've been able to watch the sign up page on the BMW Driving Experience web site and I've watched single people cancel their reservation for the Nordschleife section training with English. I decided to jump at an opening and pending email confirmation I'm going back for 23-25 October. It's the same Fascination Experience at the Nordschleife that BMW offered back in May, the one that got some publicity here.

No can do a Sixt Car Rental M3 however as they apparently stop renting M3s as of the end of September. Bummer. Thinking about a 911 or a Cayman from Avis.

I'm flying in and out of Dusseldorf on the 20th and 27th if anyone wants to share a ride. My partner from this board last time survived my driving.

Have to say I love the in-car video that the German/European training organization supports. Way, way better than what the BMW Performance Driving School supports; both times I've gone my M3 video mysteriously disappeared. I'm still planning on VIR and the Advanced M School in December.

You're only 50 once!
      08-22-2011, 09:56 PM   #2
akarisilver
Rep
Drives: SU-31

Nice! I was just on the website today. I couldn't get the schedule to work though?! I hope to do the ring when I do my ED next spring.

Will be looking forward to your follow post.
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2011, 10:09 PM   #3
JCtx
Major General
Rep
Drives: No BMW yet

I'd seriously think about joining you if it was earlier, since that'd also be a great 50th birthday present to myself (in January), but my 7-month vacation is coming to an end. The way I've done on my business and investment this year, I need my 5-month-a-year job more than ever, so will have to join you vicariously. Hope to be able to make at least a day trip or two on my new (BMW) bike, but can't plan anything until the last minute. But can't complain, since I'm fortunate to have a job in this economy.
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2011, 11:27 PM   #4
signes
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 991 GT3 RS

I thought the BMW Driving experience supplied the cars, or is the rental just for fun?
      08-23-2011, 01:08 AM   #5
///M Rakete
Rocket Scientist
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by signes View Post
I thought the BMW Driving experience supplied the cars, or is the rental just for fun?
The rental is for getting to the 'Ring and back plus whatever.

I think I'm going to take a one-day cruise on the Mosel and I might go visit some old haunts around Hahn, e.g. the old GLCM facility at M-T which now looks like an amusement park or something (hard to tell from satellite pics).

The timing for minimum FF miles has me there a day or so more than I would have planned (plus using DUS) and I'd consider heading down to Heilbronn for some more old haunts (Nike Hercules ADA, later Patriot) but it's a bit far an I'll be in Bavaria and Tirol next Spring.

Surprising the forecast for October is drier than the rest of the year except April/May. Hopefully it works out that way but the Eifel is notorious for weather changes at a whim.
      08-23-2011, 01:17 AM   #6
luis_m3
Low Pro...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by signes View Post
I thought so too...
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2011, 01:41 AM   #7
Canuckles
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: MW 2016 F82 M4

They do ....
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-23-2011, 10:05 AM   #8
///M Rakete
Rocket Scientist
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuckles View Post
They do ....
That's the parking lot behind the Lindner hotel where we stay.

Having an M3 to get to and from the 'Ring just makes for more fun. This trip it will have to be something different.
      09-16-2011, 12:23 AM   #9
///M Rakete
Rocket Scientist
United_States
Rep

Counting down to my flight on October 19th and the 'Ring on the 24th and 25th. I'll be driving an Avis Porsche 911. Going in through Dusseldorf this time however.

I'm going to go through Koln and see the Dom (Cathedral), down the Rhein by way of Remagen, then down the Mosel. One day I'll drive the Huhnsruck and another the Eifel. Looking at a boat trip up and back on the Mosel too.

Fingers crossed for decent weather.

Anyone here going? I know some folks that are going to the M5 Intro event at Ascari around the same time but the logistics of both don't work for me.
      09-16-2011, 01:31 AM   #10
luis_m3
Low Pro...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Rakete View Post
Counting down to my flight on October 19th and the 'Ring on the 24th and 25th. I'll be driving an Avis Porsche 911. Going in through Dusseldorf this time however.

I'm going to go through Koln and see the Dom (Cathedral), down the Rhein by way of Remagen, then down the Mosel. One day I'll drive the Huhnsruck and another the Eifel. Looking at a boat trip up and back on the Mosel too.

Fingers crossed for decent weather.

Anyone here going? I know some folks that are going to the M5 Intro event at Ascari around the same time but the logistics of both don't work for me.
I think Karussell is going:
http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthr...8#post10295308
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2011, 03:34 AM   #11
Rmitchell248
Private
Germany
Rep
Drives: M3

Maybe I can come see you on 25 October.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2011, 05:03 AM   #12
karussell
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 4 wheels

i understand the addiction very well. it only gets worse (better?) its a special place, thats for sure. have a great time!