BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews

European Auto Source (EAS)

06-03-2011, 02:20 PM   #1
nmehta211
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 08 E90 M3

Used E9x M3 buying guide?

Sorry for the newb post, but is there a buying guide/faq on buying a Used E9x M3?

did a search and didn't find anything.

Looking for answers like:

1. Be sure to check DCT for lag update
2. Potential other areas of problems/reliability (Granted the car has only been out for 4 years)
etc...

Also looking to see how to determine whether a car has the Enhanced premium sound (anyway by pics?)
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2011, 12:48 PM   #2
Kiemyster
Bimmerpost Resident Marijuana Consultant
Trinidad_and_tobago
Rep
Drives: 320i, 325xi, 335Xi, 335i, M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmehta211 View Post
Sorry for the newb post, but is there a buying guide/faq on buying a Used E9x M3?

did a search and didn't find anything.

Looking for answers like:

1. Be sure to check DCT for lag update
2. Potential other areas of problems/reliability (Granted the car has only been out for 4 years)
etc...

Also looking to see how to determine whether a car has the Enhanced premium sound (anyway by pics?)
Well i dont know about any official printed/online guides.... the beautiful thing is alot of these cars for sale are really low mileage. So go for just that, a low mileage M3 with 1/2 its lifespan in miles. (so looking for a 4 year old car shoot for one with 20-30k miles, they are out there). Third party insurance to 100k miles and you'll be ok, no worries. These cars start going to shit at around 50k miles based on member posts.

Ive only had my car for 8k miles so I cant really answer your question. The leather seats always wear badly on the side bolsters so make sure the worst condition you get the seats in are with creases and not with patches of wrinkles. The creases can be conditioned to make it less of an eyesore, the patches are a pain and feel rough. Watch for scratches + slices in the leather as its very delicate.

Premium sound has tweeters on the doors by the side mirrors whereas the base M3 doesnt i believe (could be wrong). Good luck with your purchase
      06-04-2011, 03:56 PM   #3
PhillyNate
ENTHUSIAST
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 Porsche Cayman

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiemyster View Post
Well i dont know about any official printed/online guides.... the beautiful thing is alot of these cars for sale are really low mileage. So go for just that, a low mileage M3 with 1/2 its lifespan in miles. (so looking for a 4 year old car shoot for one with 20-30k miles, they are out there). Third party insurance to 100k miles and you'll be ok, no worries. These cars start going to shit at around 50k miles based on member posts.

Ive only had my car for 8k miles so I cant really answer your question. The leather seats always wear badly on the side bolsters so make sure the worst condition you get the seats in are with creases and not with patches of wrinkles. The creases can be conditioned to make it less of an eyesore, the patches are a pain and feel rough. Watch for scratches + slices in the leather as its very delicate.

Premium sound has tweeters on the doors by the side mirrors whereas the base M3 doesnt i believe (could be wrong). Good luck with your purchase
And then there's this...
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=535941
2011 Alpine White BMW M3 6mt ZCP Coupe(forced retirement 06/06/14)
2008 Alpine White BMW 328i 6mt Coupe(retired 06/21/11
)
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2011, 03:44 PM   #4
nmehta211
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 08 E90 M3

Great responses...guess these cars are so new that there isnt the data out there yet.

Glad to see a car over 100k!
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2011, 09:10 PM   #5
VitaminT
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 M Roadster

On the premium sound, I believe that cars that have it you can see the yellow/gold speaker cone through the grill. On the non-premium sound it seems they use a non see through grill.
Appreciate 0