BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Coding / ConnectedDrive / Audio-Video / Electronics / Bluetooth / I-Drive & Nav

BPM

05-17-2024, 08:43 AM   #1827
BalanBro
Rep
Drives: 2009 E93 335I

For the folks with their cameras working properly, is it normal to have a long boot-up delay for getting a picture? When I go in to start the car, I wait for the Mr12Volt logo to clear and show the units interface. At this point when I put the car in reverse, the reverse mode turns on with the guidance lines, but there is no picture.

It seems like I have to wait over a minute before the camera actually provides a picture. The camera then works perfectly fine after this initial start-up period until I shut everything back down.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2024, 11:08 AM   #1828
Thumbie
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3/4/6

No, that isn't normal.

I would try first making sure the unit is up to date ie microSD.

If that doesn't solve it, check the ground connection on the camera.

Then check all the other connections. The included wires are literally the thinnest possible wires lol. Any connection you made better be spot on.

Personally, mine is definitely not instant. But the picture and teh lines show up at the same time, after a few seconds delay.

and it doesn't work perfect. 80% of the time it works perfect, other times it takes a while, or is staticy and bad picture, and once in a while just black screen. I think My ground connection is weak TBH

2011 Jerez E90 M3 6-speed Competition Package
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2024, 09:20 PM   #1829
anselmw
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2001 M Coupe

Finally got it all wired up. Wiring confirmed. No need for trigger point for auto cars. Also greenyi cam 720p works good. Thanks for everyone’s help. Seems to be working fine. Also key was removing my phone from Bluetooth as it would sometimes lose audio and go to the Bluetooth. Once phones removed from the bmw setup. The mr12volt works fine.
Appreciate 0