BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

BPM

12-11-2014, 10:34 AM   #23
ZEEM3R
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 Jaguar F-Type S AWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by e90-335i
Being sold in auction would worry me.
When my lease ended on my X5, the car was sent to auction.
2017 Porsche Macan Turbo
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2015, 09:39 AM   #24
Bimmed Out
There Is No Substitute
Rep
Drives: Several 911's

I bought this car. If this dreary sky ever lifts, I'll take some good photos and post them. Car took a month for delivery from but it's finally here and arrived with only 860 miles. I want to say another huge thank you to socrates42, who was just an awesome help in the process and was my east coast eyes and ears. He is a terrific asset to M3post. I also want to thank urnzvay and C-ARchitect for talking with me via phone and PM, respectively, and offering their excellent information and thoughts. urnzvay and I live in the same area, so we'll be connecting soon. Thanks to the M3post community and everyone who chimed in in this thread.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2015, 10:24 AM   #25
SenorFunkyPants
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2019 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by kepler View Post
Car took a month for delivery from but it's finally here and arrived with only 860 miles.
Thats the total mileage?....if so has it had its 1200 mile service?
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2015, 12:21 PM   #26
Bimmed Out
There Is No Substitute
Rep
Drives: Several 911's

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenorFunkyPants View Post
Thats the total mileage?....if so has it had its 1200 mile service?
Car came with 860 total miles. Original owner bought it and simply put it in his garage. Maserati of Arlington (actually Ferrari of Washington, parent) bought it off auction and they tried to sell it for a while at over 70k. I guess they thought a collector would come along and snag it at the premium price (there are a few other dealerships that are taking this approach, as well). As winter approached, they became more sensible with pricing and then I took care of the rest. But more to your question, it sat at Maserati for a while and they did nothing with it -- and they could not have been more clueless about the car when I inquired, which is why socrates42 was so critical as he went and inspected/drove it for me. This includes neglecting the 1200 mile service, so it is going in for this service on Tuesday morning, along with nitrogen and a few other minor things. It will then get detailed and wrapped in XPEL Ultimate. Down the road, it will get a tune, whether it be Dinan, BPM or something else.
Appreciate 0