BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

Mporium BMW

10-05-2011, 12:27 PM   #67
Templar
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pointerman View Post
^^Tool
Nothing else to say? Didn't think so...

Try again. Maybe the third time is the charm.
      10-05-2011, 12:44 PM   #68
Pointerman
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW M3

Here's the thing. My car has about 2k miles on it. 6 months from now I will have learned it's various features/quirks and will be quite comfortable with it.

6 months from now you still won't know how to interact within a civilized society and will continue to assault people on the internet that don't agree with you. Gotta love internet tough guys. Get 10 more years under your belt and maybe you might have learned a few lessons about life and how to interact with people.

Last post in this thread. I don't want to be the cause of it being closed.
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2011, 02:23 PM   #69
Mr. ///M3 RD
Happy Camper
Canada
Rep
Drives: C63 AMG & 280 SL on Weekends :

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Templar View Post
You should have bought a 6MT... Starting to wonder if you're just trolling here to start yet another DCT vs. 6MT flame war... I found multiple instances in the manual where it says exactly what I described, so the fact that you didn't read thoroughly enough is obvious.

In Drive Mode:
Kickdown
For sudden acceleration maneuvers such as
passing, depress the accelerator past the resistance
point. This provides maximum acceleration.

Sport program and manual operation M/S:
Quick downshifting: Even in sequential mode,
you can skip over several gears in order to
achieve an optimum acceleration. To do so,
depress the accelerator past the resistance
point.

If I need to quickly accelerate, I'd much rather push the throttle down past the resistance point, flip the switch ONCE to downshift automatically to 2nd or 3rd or whatever gear it decides, instead of going one by one down to 2nd or 3rd from 7th. It has come in handy getting out of the way of morons stopped in the middle of the highway, or merging onto the highway from an on-ramp.
You know I found over the years that manuals are not very reliable they do contain quite a bit of generic information. For example, I had issues in the past few weeks with the ABS and Low Tire Pressure Alarms. I looked after the tire pressure making sure each of my wheels had the correct pressure levels (using nothing but the best tools BTW). Then it came to resetting the TPM system on my e92 2011, and you know following the manual was a total waste of time ... In the end the button was in fact on the dash that I had to use not on the single hand lever as described on page 74 (if I remember the page number correctly).

So bottom line is ... don't believe all you read in those manuals

Life will take us to some interesting places, fortunately The ///M3 will too with a many of us know this very well, now my C6.3 AMG with 487 HP does it too
---> Click here for some good stuff I found
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2011, 07:13 PM   #70
Templar
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolf-Dieter View Post
You know I found over the years that manuals are not very reliable they do contain quite a bit of generic information. For example, I had issues in the past few weeks with the ABS and Low Tire Pressure Alarms. I looked after the tire pressure making sure each of my wheels had the correct pressure levels (using nothing but the best tools BTW). Then it came to resetting the TPM system on my e92 2011, and you know following the manual was a total waste of time ... In the end the button was in fact on the dash that I had to use not on the single hand lever as described on page 74 (if I remember the page number correctly).

So bottom line is ... don't believe all you read in those manuals
In this case, the manual tells you what the function does. I'm not debating on the reliability or the ability of it. A lot of it is up to the DRIVER to be able to figure it out and respond. If the driver can't, then no technology will help you.
      10-05-2011, 07:15 PM   #71
Mr. ///M3 RD
Happy Camper
Canada
Rep
Drives: C63 AMG & 280 SL on Weekends :

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Templar View Post
In this case, the manual tells you what the function does. I'm not debating on the reliability or the ability of it. A lot of it is up to the DRIVER to be able to figure it out and respond. If the driver can't, then no technology will help you.
agreed ... all is cool

Life will take us to some interesting places, fortunately The ///M3 will too with a many of us know this very well, now my C6.3 AMG with 487 HP does it too
---> Click here for some good stuff I found
Appreciate 0