BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

BPM

08-17-2012, 09:23 AM   #1
Castr_85M
Captain
Rep
Drives: AW/Fox 6MT E90 M3

Thumbsup to Velos Designwerks Tune

I jumped on the tune special Velos designwerks is having for the Diabitec research foundation. I take my hat of to you guys for a hefty discount in return for a small donation to the foundation.

I opted for the personal tuner option since I like the option of switching to stock flash when i wanted to.
First impression was that the exhaust quiet down, don't really understand why but it did. I'm running ACM exhaust with AA Race X-pipe, this thing is loud but after the tune it quiet down a bit in the lower RPM. Throttle response is improved in normal mode but in M mode it's even more noticeable. I also opted for the cold start removal which is handy since i live in an apartment complex and my car is parked right in front of the window of the board president. Theres definately more power throughout the entire rev band but down low is where it's most noticable. Car feels great and very responsive, the tune is definately worth it and for the price it cannot be beat.

E90 M3 AW/Extended FR•Ohlins•Borla•ACM•K&N•IND•BBS•Vredestein•Velos Designworks•Vorsteiner•BMW Performance•Lux AE•Arkym
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2012, 05:02 AM   #2
[Deactivated-Velos]
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: M

Glad you're enjoying our tune.

Looking forward to meeting everyone next month.
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2012, 02:27 PM   #3
Nicname
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2C

My gintani also ended up a little more quiet. Idk if it reduced some drone or the overall loudness. Makes it easier to see an xpipe installed in the future.
997.1 Turbo
///M3 E92

Last edited by Nicname; 08-18-2012 at 03:55 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2012, 03:49 PM   #4
Castr_85M
Captain
Rep
Drives: AW/Fox 6MT E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicname View Post
My gintani also ended up a little mode quiet. Idk if it reduced some drone or the overall loudness. Makes it easier to see an xpipe installed in the future.
Yup. Took a 50 mile trip today on the turnpike and car is very civil. Barely any drone while cruising. I love having such an amazingly sounding exhaust yet quiet enough to take trips and daily drive the car.

E90 M3 AW/Extended FR•Ohlins•Borla•ACM•K&N•IND•BBS•Vredestein•Velos Designworks•Vorsteiner•BMW Performance•Lux AE•Arkym
Appreciate 0