BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

07-07-2006, 03:17 PM   #23
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by flush01
haha, that was me a year ago ... now i cant find the type of girl i had lol and then when i realized and tryed to get her back it didn't work... so my advice, if she's 8+/10 in looks and dedicated to you STAY
+10

Maintain that keeper.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2006, 03:18 PM   #24
magmd
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '06 330i

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Unfortunately.....I have no good answer or advice for this. Its a an issue that I have not been able to fully sort out for myself.

...........it all happens for a reason.
      07-07-2006, 03:19 PM   #25
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by magmd

Yeah, usually to yank the stupidity out of the man!
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2006, 03:19 PM   #26
flush01
Major
Rep
Drives: 33m@%#ing5

Quote:
Unfortunately.....I have no good answer or advice for this. Its a an issue that I have not been able to fully sort out for myself.

people say that to just calm themselves down... i hate that phrase...
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2006, 03:20 PM   #27
BellasBmw
If love is the answer,please rephrase the question
United_States
Rep
Drives: Tit Silver 325i

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
haha, that was me a year ago ... now i cant find the type of girl i had lol and then when i realized and tryed to get her back it didn't work... so my advice, if she's 8+/10 in looks and dedicated to you STAY
hahah yea my x bf is kicking himself in the ass for letting me go. Im a good catch! Im faithful, i always put him first, i wanted to build a life together, i helped him get back on his feet, i let him borrow money, my parents were there for him.. and now that asswipe is back to his loser ass self. SUCKS FOR HIM!
      07-07-2006, 03:24 PM   #28
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
I don't care too much for that phrase either. In my opinion, it's a pseudo-rationale used to circumvent the true issue.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2006, 03:26 PM   #29
magmd
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '06 330i

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Quote:

yeah...I did too. I do not like knowing its out of my control.

But as time goes on...I realize not much is guaranteed in life. And although I have made many mistakes...bad decisions and let others down...etc, you just can't rely on others never failing you either. You do not know what will happen...its part of life, and being in relationships. If you are lucky, most things will go smoothely without many issues. But...its not fully in your control. So...that phrase is a way to just do what is best for yourself and those you care about.
      07-07-2006, 03:28 PM   #30
flush01
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellasBmw
hahah yea my x bf is kicking himself in the ass for letting me go. Im a good catch! Im faithful, i always put him first, i wanted to build a life together, i helped him get back on his feet, i let him borrow money, my parents were there for him.. and now that asswipe is back to his loser ass self. SUCKS FOR HIM!
how you know he's kicking himself ? that dude ROBBED you which is way outta line, I doubt he even realized how bad he f@cked up...
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2006, 03:31 PM   #31
Juve29
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 325i titanium silver spk

You're so right.

There is an Italian expression that says "meglio solo che mal accompagniatto"
meaning its better to be alone than in bad company. If you're with the right girl you're flying, if you're with the wrong girl you're fucked.

For some reason after you get into a relationship with a girl she seems to forget how to have sex. You pretty much have to give up on sex.

These days a relationship is not worth it. There's so much stuff to do now that having a girlfriend is big waste of time.

Plus, girls are more independent nowadays than they use to be, therefore you can always find a girl to go watch a movie or go to dinner with.

Stay single enjoy life.

Remember once you get married you stop living you just exist.
      07-07-2006, 03:31 PM   #32
flush01
Major
Rep

Quote:
yeah...I did too. I do not like knowing its out of my control.

But as time goes on...I realize not much is guaranteed in life. And although I have made many mistakes...bad decisions and let others down...etc, you just can't rely on others never failing you either. You do not know what will happen...its part of life, and being in relationships. If you are lucky, most things will go smoothely without many issues. But...its not fully in your control. So...that phrase is a way to just do what is best for yourself and those you care about.
ic what u saying
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2006, 03:34 PM   #33
rchanou
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 325i Jet Black

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
I have never met a girl who I could say is a keeper. You guys are lucky.
      07-07-2006, 03:36 PM   #34
parachute
parachute
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i Coupe

Garage List
2011 335i  [0.00]
2006 325i  [0.00]
do guys think I'm getting old for this (22). I mean, will I find another good one or even better in the future; or will I get old and eventually settle for less than what I had?

Appreciate 0
      07-07-2006, 03:37 PM   #35
rchanou
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 325i Jet Black

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juve29
You're so right.

meaning its better to be alone than in bad company. If you're with the right girl you're flying, if you're with the wrong girl you're fucked.

For some reason after you get into a relationship with a girl she seems to forget how to have sex. You pretty much have to give up on sex.

These days a relationship is not worth it. There's so much stuff to do now that having a girlfriend is big waste of time.

Plus, girls are more independent nowadays than they use to be, therefore you can always find a girl to go watch a movie or go to dinner with.

Stay single enjoy life.

Agreed. When I'm in a relationship I just feel weighed down.
      07-07-2006, 03:39 PM   #36
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juve29
You're so right.

Stay single enjoy life.

I disagree. It depends on the type of woman you're with. If anything, the sex increased, as did her affections while we were together (...5+ years). Now that I'm not receiving the same affections that I previously took for granted, I realize how much those affections meant to me. She came from a semi-traditional mexican family who prides themselves on the family unit, marriage, etc. I suppose that your argument holds weight if you're with a woman who doesn't cherish relationships in the same way. I've been there, done that as well.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2006, 03:40 PM   #37
flush01
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by parachute
do guys think I'm getting old for this (22). I mean, will I find another good one or even better in the future; or will I get old and eventually settle for less than what I had?
how do we know ? tell me, will i win lottery ?
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2006, 03:41 PM   #38
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:

You're 22 bro. You still have alot of time to figure out what you want. At 22, I didn't know what I wanted. I exclaimed my cynicism with regards to marriage, children, etc. Now that I'm 27 - soon to be 28 - I view/value things very differently, especially now that I'm in my current position. It sucks.

You should focus on personal growth. Don't rush it. Maturity, especially for men, takes time............usually more than what is required for women.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2006, 03:49 PM   #39
deutschmann59
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i

Quote:
I suddenly remember my Tennyson:

This truth came borne with bier and pall,
I felt it, when I sorrow’d most,
’Tis better to have loved and lost,
Than never to have loved at all–
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2006, 03:52 PM   #40
Juve29
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 325i titanium silver spk

Quote:
The older you get the easier it is, that's why a lot of married man cheat on their wifes.

1) You have more money.

2) Girls like older guys. (now at 22 you can pick up girls that are 22 like you, maybe girls that are 23, plus from 18 to 21 they're all yours) the older you get the the more choices you have.

3) You have more experience so you learn from your mistakes.

4) If you're on this forum it means that you own a BMW therefore you chances of getting laid are higher than someone who drives a toyota.

I wouldn't worry if I were you.
      07-07-2006, 03:53 PM   #41
Nikki
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Sepang Z4MC

I don't know what it's like to be single. I never have been.

Appreciate 0
      07-07-2006, 03:59 PM   #42
parachute
parachute
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i Coupe

Garage List
2011 335i  [0.00]
2006 325i  [0.00]
4) If you're on this forum it means that you own a BMW therefore you chances of getting laid are higher than someone who drives a toyota.

On a serious note though, i didnt mean it like I cant get laid, that is really not the problem. the thing is I broke up w/ my girl and wondering if I did the right thing. She's a keeper, I'm just confused right now. Enjoying my first days as a single man, but scared of what the future might bring.

Appreciate 0
      07-07-2006, 04:05 PM   #43
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
the thing is I broke up w/ my girl and wondering if I did the right thing. She's a keeper, I'm just confused right now. Enjoying my first days as a single man, but scared of what the future might bring.

Why did you two break up? Be objective when responding.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2006, 04:07 PM   #44
DILLIGAF
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2006 SG 330i ZSP MT CA

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BellasBmw
Anyway back to your question.. I can easily say im having more fun being single, but i'd be lying. I think it all comes down to what you cant have you want, and when you have it, its not as exciting. When i was taken, i thought about being single. But when im single, i wanna be back in a relationship. ugh!! LoL

My thoughts exactly.