BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews

01-31-2008, 04:40 PM   #67
Jinxter
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW e92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yonkers View Post
I just talked to my CA and I'm a little peeved. He's either yanking my chain or he's just an idiot. He told me they checked in the ordering system and that no one has their production # yet. I told them I'm not saying HIS dealership has people with production #s, but I know for sure there are plenty of people that do (on this board for example). I told him I was concerned that my paperwork shows a request for production week 10 and that it's now already close to week 6 and I haven't heard anything. He told me not to worry since it doesn't take long to actually build it after you get the production #.
Anyway, I'll give it another week and see what happens.
It really dosent take long at all. once I recived my production order number my car was built within I think 3 weeks? Maybe even 2 cant remember exactly.

08' e92 M3 6MT // Rogue SSK // B&B Tri Flow Exhaust // AA air filter // Mod Carbon Skirt extensions // Amuse Front/Rear Bumper // Amuse Trunk // Gloss Black Grills w/ M colors // gloss black side vents // M5 Stick with IND custom stitched boot // Carbon Firber wrap steering wheel trim // Avant Garde M364 20' (street) // Advan RS 18's (track)
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2008, 04:42 PM   #68
gasman
Rep
Drives: 08 RR Sport SC, 08 AW/FR M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yonkers View Post
I just talked to my CA and I'm a little peeved. He's either yanking my chain or he's just an idiot. He told me they checked in the ordering system and that no one has their production # yet. I told them I'm not saying HIS dealership has people with production #s, but I know for sure there are plenty of people that do (on this board for example). I told him I was concerned that my paperwork shows a request for production week 10 and that it's now already close to week 6 and I haven't heard anything. He told me not to worry since it doesn't take long to actually build it after you get the production #.
Anyway, I'll give it another week and see what happens.
I hope everything works out. It worries me that you are number 22 on the list! I don't see them getting that many allocations that soon. I may be wrong. It never hurts to check out other dealerships. Maybe try the Woodlands right down the road.
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2008, 09:19 AM   #69
Yonkers
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasman View Post
I hope everything works out. It worries me that you are number 22 on the list! I don't see them getting that many allocations that soon. I may be wrong. It never hurts to check out other dealerships. Maybe try the Woodlands right down the road.
Yeah, I'm concerned about that too. They were upfront with me about how many people were in front of me. However, I was pleased with the requested production date that showed up on the order. But after thinking about it, I'm not sure how much allocation they will have to get the car in the requested date.
I probably will go check out a few others.
Appreciate 0