BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 vs....

EXXEL Distributions

06-05-2009, 03:47 PM   #23
PetitPimousse
Private
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetBlack5OC View Post
If you are going american, get a Z06, ZR1, or CTS-V.

Go test drive both cars. I bet you will come home in the M3.
I like the Z06 and ZR1 a lot but I really want a back seat. The CTS-V has incredible performance for the money, unfortunately I think it looks terrible...
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2009, 09:53 PM   #24
Heat00
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 M3

i bet that thing sounds mean, right out of the box... i miss the days of my old 1990 25th year aniversary lx 5.0 hatch.... felt sooo powerfull.... in those days there were no bmw's that would even think about messing around with a drag race lmao.....

Appreciate 0
      06-06-2009, 12:08 AM   #25
rapistwit
Banned
Rep
Drives: GT-R, Cayenne GTS, GT3 order

Get the M3. It isn't even a contest.
I'd buy an Evo before a Mustang.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2009, 02:51 AM   #26
GnokGnik
Captain
Rep
Drives: E92 335i, 997 C2S

911s pdk?
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2009, 09:31 AM   #27
Nawaaz
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: .

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapistwit View Post
Get the M3. It isn't even a contest.
I'd buy an Evo before a Mustang.
+1 I use to have an Evo IX MR. It's a brilliant car, but you won't find any refinement or comfort in an Evo.....But I bet the Evo X has significantly stepped a level higher in refinement compared to the IX.

Btw "rapistwit".....You are one hell of a RICH guy! Looking at what cars you have! A GT-R, a Cayenne GTS, and a CLK 63 Black! WOW!!!
You have great taste in choosing your cars also.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2009, 11:21 AM   #28
M3 Montreal
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2012 M3 SG ,DCT & 2011 S4

Quote:
Originally Posted by GnokGnik View Post
911s pdk?
+1

If money isn't an issue and you need some back seats (if you want to call them that) then the new 911s with PDK is a killer.

That's the car I would upgrade to from the M3.

btw... ESS Supercharger is looking to be about $10,500 to 11,500 with about 12 hours of labor. Completely reversible and HP claims of about 560 WHP. If money isn't an issue that is...

2011 B8 S4 S-Tronic , Black on magma red
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2009, 08:23 PM   #29
rapistwit
Banned
Rep
Drives: GT-R, Cayenne GTS, GT3 order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nawaaz View Post
+1 I use to have an Evo IX MR. It's a brilliant car, but you won't find any refinement or comfort in an Evo.....But I bet the Evo X has significantly stepped a level higher in refinement compared to the IX.

Btw "rapistwit".....You are one hell of a RICH guy! Looking at what cars you have! A GT-R, a Cayenne GTS, and a CLK 63 Black! WOW!!!
You have great taste in choosing your cars also.

Not rich but more money than common sense. Be happy with your M3 for a few years . I get an itch for new car too much and it's very costly. With all the money I've lost in depreciation over the last 5 years I could own a GT2 straight out(and I don't)
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2009, 02:14 PM   #30
CantDrv55
NJ = guido white trash losers
India
Rep
Drives: '09 Jerez Black M3

I had an '04 Cobra, only mod was exhaust. I ran it at the track against 2 different gt500's and beat them both by .3 or more. The gt500 is a pig and you have to do a lot to make it really fast. Not to mention you get ford quality and service.
If you insist on a fast car to play around with and money is no issue, get an M3 and a 03-04 cobra to play around with.
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2009, 09:28 PM   #31
RevFreak14
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 E92 M3 DCT

People on this blog are obviously going to be a bit biased............and I will follow suit............................M3 any day of the week and twice on Sunday.
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2009, 05:08 AM   #32
Bunkei
Anti-Fanboy
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M4

All of the initial reviews have been VERY good of the '10 GT500. Not only that, but it's been put on dynos and making over 500 hp at the wheels making it very much underrated (est. ~570 hp)

The interior is said to be vastly improved, and the drawbacks of a live axle doesn't seem to affect it as much as people thought it would. The steering and braking are faultless.

Keep in mind the car's value. For $45-50K you have a car that will embarass anything in its price range and then some. Because of the new CAFE standards, I'd say that there's more than a 50/50 chance this car might become a collectible.
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2009, 03:52 AM   #33
ROTORHEAD77
DUSTOFF: ALL BALLS, NO GUNS!!!
Germany
Rep
Drives: '09 E90 M3 SG DCT '04 JDM FIT

The Mustang is just FUGLY. One of the reasons, in my humble opinion, that the US auto makers have failed (save Ford), is the fact that they want to produce brand new cars that look old. Lets have some originality for a change. I took a sacred vow to NEVER EVER buy another American car. I will not ever buy one. Buy the Bimmer, you will not regret a rejection of American junk.
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2009, 06:05 PM   #34
M3WC
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW

New mustangs still do not have an independent rear suspension. It is a joke.
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2009, 08:51 PM   #35
JCtx
Major General
Rep
Drives: No BMW yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROTORHEAD77 View Post
The Mustang is just FUGLY. One of the reasons, in my humble opinion, that the US auto makers have failed (save Ford), is the fact that they want to produce brand new cars that look old. Lets have some originality for a change.
+1. I just don't understand that retro crap mentality (Mustang, Challenger, Camaro). They're living in the past indeed.

If I was going to buy an American car, it'd be a Vette. Yes, it also has crappy build quality, but at least it's a modern looking car I wouldn't be embarrassed to drive.

That aside, depends what you want out of your car. I drove the GT500 out of curiosity. Once I was past the awfully crappy interior, I couldn't believe how hard the clutch was, and I'm no weakling; just ridiculously hard IMO. Shifter was balky as well. Solid axle. I don't like the looks one bit. In summary, I didn't like anything on that car. It could have had 1,000 HP for all I care; I wouldn't buy one even for $10K below MSRP. But for somebody who wants all-out performance on a straight line, I can see the value. At least a Vette has a much better interior and handles much better as well, for about the same coin. Good day gang.
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2009, 09:54 PM   #36
Bunkei
Anti-Fanboy
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by elp_jc View Post
+1. I just don't understand that retro crap mentality (Mustang, Challenger, Camaro). They're living in the past indeed.

If I was going to buy an American car, it'd be a Vette. Yes, it also has crappy build quality, but at least it's a modern looking car I wouldn't be embarrassed to drive.

That aside, depends what you want out of your car. I drove the GT500 out of curiosity. Once I was past the awfully crappy interior, I couldn't believe how hard the clutch was, and I'm no weakling; just ridiculously hard IMO. Shifter was balky as well. Solid axle. I don't like the looks one bit. In summary, I didn't like anything on that car. It could have had 1,000 HP for all I care; I wouldn't buy one even for $10K below MSRP. But for somebody who wants all-out performance on a straight line, I can see the value. At least a Vette has a much better interior and handles much better as well, for about the same coin. Good day gang.

Most young(ish) people won't understand the history of both the Mustang & Shelby brand. The Camaros, Challengers, Chargers, Mustangs, etc .. they were the cars that our parents wanted when they were teenagers. I don't blame GM/Ford/Chrysler trying to bring back the retro. The target audience wouldn't care much about the interior detailing or whether or it uses an independent suspension or a live axle. It would be a bit hypocritical to criticize them for making cars for a niche audience just because we're not part of that niche.

Whatever you say about the bad interior/live axle or whatever, nobody can argue that the Mustang/Vette and I predict, the Camaro will sell like hotcakes. From a business point-of-view, that's all that matters.
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2009, 02:49 AM   #37
stickypaws
Dictator
Rep
Drives: people crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunkei View Post
Most young(ish) people won't understand the history of both the Mustang & Shelby brand. The Camaros, Challengers, Chargers, Mustangs, etc .. they were the cars that our parents wanted when they were teenagers. I don't blame GM/Ford/Chrysler trying to bring back the retro. The target audience wouldn't care much about the interior detailing or whether or it uses an independent suspension or a live axle. It would be a bit hypocritical to criticize them for making cars for a niche audience just because we're not part of that niche.

Whatever you say about the bad interior/live axle or whatever, nobody can argue that the Mustang/Vette and I predict, the Camaro will sell like hotcakes. From a business point-of-view, that's all that matters.
+1

And even though we tend to be Euro car enthusiasts here, we have to consider that there are still a lot of Americans who refuse to buy a Euro car.

In addition, cars like these are somewhat popular in Europe, the UAE and KSA, and Latin America due in part to their mythology made popular by American media (e.g., Hollywood films.) There's still a certain aura or novelty attached to them.
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2009, 01:04 PM   #38
C17MooseDriver
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 AW M3 6MT

My buddy has a GT500 and I've gotten to drive it abit. It's interior is inferior, but overall not a bad car. It's crazy how much torque it has. We were smoking the tires even with traction control on. What it lacks in refinement, it makes up in muscle.

I'd still take my M3 in a heartbeat, but I was still impressed with his car.

Last edited by C17MooseDriver; 06-17-2009 at 02:13 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2009, 02:13 PM   #39
C17MooseDriver
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 AW M3 6MT

Sorry, meant traction control on.
      06-18-2009, 11:57 PM   #40
nugent100
Rep
Drives: e92 IB