BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

02-26-2013, 09:47 AM   #1
esk8mw
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 e90 m3

Front seat electrical issue? (top movement button and memory)

My driver's side seat has been having some issues in my 2011 E93.

First, a couple months ago, the motorized headrest refused to move up and down. After a lot of troubleshooting they determined that it was a "control module" (or something like that) and they replaced it and had to reprogram the car. Apparently the system shut down on them in the middle of the programming and they had to restart it (not sure if relevant) but eventually it got done. All the seat functions appeared to work fine.

Lately, I noticed that the memory hadn't been working to differentiate betwen the keys for the front seat - not the memory buttons on the bottom, but how the car would adjust the seats to the last setting used by the key (i.e., moving the seat forward when my wife uses her key after I drove it last and vice versa).

I then tried to fold the front seat and click the < > buttons near the headrest to move the seat forward and backward. Nothing. I reached down to move the seat via the normal seat controls and everything worked fine. In fact, all the normal seat controls were working as normal. All the passenger seat functions, including top buttons, work fine too.

Any ideas? I've also had to take it to the dealer 2 separate times in the past 500 miles to replace right and left rear wheel sensors because I was getting the DBC/DSC/ABS error codes, but I haven't gotten any codes since the last sensor was replaced. These small issues are starting to get annoying.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2013, 10:10 AM   #2
jeeter
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011.75 M3 Conv. & 2012 X3

Lately, I noticed that the memory hadn't been working to differentiate betwen the keys for the front seat - not the memory buttons on the bottom, but how the car would adjust the seats to the last setting used by the key (i.e., moving the seat forward when my wife uses her key after I drove it last and vice versa).

There is a setting in the iDrive to turn on the individual setting per fob that might have been reset to off when the computer was reprogrammed. You might want to check that.

jeeter
Appreciate 0