BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

European Auto Source (EAS)

09-03-2009, 02:04 AM   #23
NewSong
Just another jerk in a hat...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2005 Ford Focus

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by footie View Post
There's very few true competition for a car like the RS3, Mercedes don't really make one and the Focus RS is much too cheap and hasn't the brand image to be classed a rival either. In all honesty the only current rival out there for a car like the RS3 is be the 135i but even then it's well down on power and performance and will no doubt be cheaper as well.

Maybe Audi have found a niche in the market.

P.S.

But I think BMW need to keep an eye else where for competition for the 135i because the Golf R20 will wouldn't be more than a match for it and likely cost even less, plus talk is that this car WILL be going Stateside.

I think Audi's more recent offerings have been highly competitive with BMW. Throw in the R8 V10 as a true to life supercar, and I think BMW has another German rival.

Competition is good!

And he hath put a new song in my mouth.
Appreciate 0