BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 vs....

BPM

03-24-2012, 05:53 PM   #1
Motif
Gruppa krovi-na rukave
Rep
Drives: Something loud and heavy

E30 vs my Shelby

I was cruising back from a store earlier today and took the back roads back so i can test out the new carbon intake i installed yesterday. Just as I seeked out an empty straight away road, a black E30 M3 gets behind me out of nowhere. In my best impression of the Juggernaut---"Silly bitch, you don't want none of me" and i seriously didn't think he was gonna try anything. Little did i know he pulled up next to me and downshifted. I looked around---empty two lanes for next mile or so and a center divider to isolate us from on-coming traffic. I downshifted too and we both punched it...Over the next few seconds i said the following.

"Come-on! Quit spinning and go!"

"WTF?"

"What is this shit??"

"Is that the little M3 with E60 M5 swap i being reading about????"

"Oh damn..."

By the time i shifted into 4th he was about 1 1/2 cars ahead of me and gaining. My 476whp had absolutely nothing for this guy. Nothing.

My buddy Chris cheered me up when he sent me this vid, now i don't feel so bad.

Appreciate 0
      03-25-2012, 12:10 AM   #2
M4Now!
Captain
Rep
Drives: MG / SO F83

LOL - I had that happen to me once with a Miata (diff car, not the M). Some dork in a Miata ahead of me is racing around, and I was trying to decide whether I could actually pull his ragtop off if I passed him fast enough.

We turn onto the highway together, no-one around, punch it - and he leaves. It sounded like a sport bike - waaaah-waaaah-waaah as he went through the gears. I have no idea what was in that thing, but it was pretty impressive.

Cheers

Bye bye E93 M3 - Hello F83 M4!
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2012, 10:35 AM   #3
Motif
Gruppa krovi-na rukave
Rep

A buddy of mine who specializes in euro motor swaps, said that most likely you bumped into a Miata with a S2000 swap. Nasty little buggers.

As for me, i got my car dyno'd at 499whp with just a carbon intake pipe. Once i put new tires and upgrade both of the control arms, i will ask for a re-match.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2012, 04:08 PM   #4
MienAce
gotAWD?
Rep
Drives: E85EvoIX

^^ Theres not just s2k motor, sr20 from nissan, chevy v8, 1.3 rx7 and this......
http://www.motoiq.com/projects/mazda...miatabusa.aspx
      04-07-2012, 06:50 PM   #5
Motif
Gruppa krovi-na rukave
Rep

True but he said that it sounded like a streetbike so 1.3 or s2000 motor would be my guess.
Appreciate 0