BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Coding / ConnectedDrive / Audio-Video / Electronics / Bluetooth / I-Drive & Nav

04-27-2010, 06:32 AM   #1
57Strat
Private
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 M3

Questions about i-drive and bluetooth phone on 2008 M3

I just bought a used 2008 M3 with the Technology Package. There are two situations when using the Blue Tooth phone feature that I cannot figure out how to resolve.

1. Using the I-Drive control and talking on the phone through Blue Tooth, how do I switch to another incoming call. Is there a "flash" button in the i-drive?

2. When I reach my destination and I'm talking on the Blue Tooth phone, I want to turn off the car and exit the car and continue my conversation on the actual phone. Is there a way to continue a call but switch the conversation back to the actual phone so I can turn off the car and walk away from the car?
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2010, 08:45 AM   #2
Georgeair
Captain
Rep
Drives: '08 Melbourne E92 M3

Not sure on the first one - you may have to use the flash on phone itself.

On the second, you can either disconnect the bluetooth from the phones BT controls, or get out of the car and lock it. Either way, there is usually a couple second lag, so ask the other party to hold on a moment while you swap over. Unless it's your spouse - then you can probably miss a few seconds......

Turning off the car won't disconnect it unless you hit the start/stop button twice. Locking it will.