BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

European Auto Source (EAS)

05-04-2017, 10:23 AM   #1
BarbeRouge
Life is short
United_States
Rep
Drives: Macan

EVOLVE Tune = SMOOTH!!

I just wanted to express to the forum how great the Evolve ECU/DCT Tune is for the e9X M3. The best word to describe the change is SMOOTH. No matter the gear, everything is smoother. The shifts are crisper, there is immediate throttle response in any gear, and it pulls so much harder. The car definitely feels faster and much more enjoyable to drive. No more sluggishness!

If you're considering a tune I highly recommend Evolve. Their step-by-step instructions are clear and cover all the bases. Big shout out to Mateen for helping me through the process. I never thought a tune would make me so happy but this one did.

What I did:

Evolve Tune
DCT Tune (GTS Software)
Top speed limiter removed
Increased Redline
Appreciate 2
R_lara80.00
      05-04-2017, 11:11 AM   #2
Imran@Evolve
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United Kingdom
Rep

Drives: All of them

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdreiMCB View Post
I just wanted to express to the forum how great the Evolve ECU/DCT Tune is for the e9X M3. The best word to describe the change is SMOOTH. No matter the gear, everything is smoother. The shifts are crisper, there is immediate throttle response in any gear, and it pulls so much harder. The car definitely feels faster and much more enjoyable to drive. No more sluggishness!

If you're considering a tune I highly recommend Evolve. Their step-by-step instructions are clear and cover all the bases. Big shout out to Mateen for helping me through the process. I never thought a tune would make me so happy but this one did.

What I did:

Evolve Tune
DCT Tune (GTS Software)
Top speed limiter removed
Increased Redline
Thanks for the feedback! Glad you are happy.
Appreciate 1
R_lara80.00
      05-04-2017, 11:55 AM   #3
Evolve Automotive
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: E46 M3 . E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imran@Evolve View Post
Thanks for the feedback! Glad you are happy.
Beat me to it! Glad it worked out and you are happy!
Appreciate 1
R_lara80.00
      05-04-2017, 02:13 PM   #4
BaseM3
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 Space Grey M3

You speak of better throttle response with the tune.
How does this differ from just pushing the power button. Does this simply activate the power all the time? Do you get additional throttle response when you activate the power button with the tune?
      05-04-2017, 03:04 PM   #5
Mrae
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: '08 M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaseM3 View Post
You speak of better throttle response with the tune.
How does this differ from just pushing the power button. Does this simply activate the power all the time? Do you get additional throttle response when you activate the power button with the tune?

Power button does not add more power. It changes the steering and the throttle sensitivity. With ECU tune you can make it more aggressive/sensitive and the power comes from air/fuel ratio modification.
Appreciate 2
      05-08-2017, 09:05 PM   #6
BaseM3
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 Space Grey M3

Yes I know it doesn't increase power. So when you have one of these tunes and you press the power button how much more throttle response do you get over what's there already? How much more does the steering tighten up over what's given with just the power button setting?
Seems like all these tunes do is just turn the power button on all the time? Or just half way.....
How much more air/fuel ratio is possible than what BMW has given with the power button?
Is this just marking the engine run leaner?
      05-09-2017, 09:22 AM   #7
L4ces
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 M3 Alpine White

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Yes I know it doesn't increase power. So when you have one of these tunes and you press the power button how much more throttle response do you get over what's there already? How much more does the steering tighten up over what's given with just the power button setting?
Seems like all these tunes do is just turn the power button on all the time? Or just half way.....
How much more air/fuel ratio is possible than what BMW has given with the power button?
I don't know enough but it do understand what is meant by smooth. I am still enjoying my tune as I get bet at rev matching do to the smoothness and predictablilty.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2017, 03:33 PM   #8
BaggedDevil
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 E92 M3

I may be wrong here but isn't a smooth shift a bad thing because it adds more wear when it comes to transmissions? Wouldn't you want a harder shift so it isn't working so hard?
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2017, 01:15 AM   #9
Mrae
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: '08 M3 6MT

Quote:
ECU Tune gives you higher rev limit so you have more rpm which means more power + giving a nice air/fuel ratio tune to make the extra power more stable increasing graphics on the dyno..

"EDIT:Remember without deleting the cats ECU tune gives you 10-15hp. Going catless and tune and some other applications like lighter pullies etc. may give you 40-60hp. Look at M3 GT4. That's like stock engine with those modifications with other stuff."

You can also set up different settings on your ECU i.e if you using higher octane fuel or have exhaust valve system or something changeable...

There are brands that makes throttle sensitivity booster.. so basically BMW gave you one with only 1 setting in it.

Don't know much about DCT
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2017, 12:36 PM   #10
L4ces
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 M3 Alpine White

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaggedDevil View Post
I may be wrong here but isn't a smooth shift a bad thing because it adds more wear when it comes to transmissions? Wouldn't you want a harder shift so it isn't working so hard?
Not talking about clutch engagement, I'm talking about throttle response. When rev matching to down shift, I seldom over or under rev as much as I did prior to the tune. Regardless of speed, the amount of throttle blip I give is comprised of what my muscle memory produces and consciously thinking of how much I need to give. The more I do I get more confident that I will respond better at blipping over various ranges.
Appreciate 0