BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

07-29-2006, 12:33 AM   #1
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M235i

Need Help Guys!!!

So I was selling this HP ipaq PDA on ebay. I had it listed as 6500/6515 because I looked it up on ebay and everyone was listing it as such. I know my model was 6500 cus it says 6500 on the phone. THe reason why I listed 6515 cus I thought/assumed that it's the same model just different version (so basically the same phone and that both are the same version).

Here's where it got interesting. Under the features I DID NOT put WIFI which is a feature that the 6515 comes with. Secondly, a buyer asked me whether this is the 6515 and whether it has WIFI and I said NO. I even posted the question and answer on the page so that everyone can see see it.

AFter the auction the winner was contacted by me. He then asked me if it's 6500 or 6515 and I told him 6500. He then asked if it has WIFI and I told him no. He then asked whether it's unlocked and I said yes!! So then he said "okay let me call you back tomorrow" but he didnt. He said he did call but the number I gave him was wrong. He accused me of tryin to hide my number??? I will agree that the number on my profile has changed because I havent used the account for over a year now. Even so, I GAVE HIM my new contact number. I guess he wrote or heard it wrong or something.

SO then I called him the next day since I didnt hear from him. He said he had the check ready and will send it out on monday. THen I got the check and already deposited and everything. I shipped the item out on Monday and he received it Wednesday. He then called me and said it's not 6515 but instead 6510. He said he had already put a stop payment on the personal check and wants his money back. He claimed that it costs him $30 for the stop payment and as soon as he receives it from me he will send back my item.

So his argument is that he bid on the item because he was led to believe that it was a 6515 to which I agreed that it was a mistake and that I only listed it that way because everyone on eBay had theirs that way. I put in the Features that it doesnt have WIFI. I stated that I know nothing about the phone since I've never used it. I've also stated that it was NOT a 6515 and it doesnt have WIFI. I even told him over the phone that it's a 6500 and that it does come with WIFI. The only thing is that it's unlocked.

So now he's telling me that he's gonna talk to ebay and put a stop payment on the check and that he's gonna fight for it and all this stuff. I know it's his words against mine. I know that Im telling the truth and I guess he thinks the same way about himself. So I did make one mistake by listing it as 6500/6515. But i've made about 5 comments saying that it is NOT a 6515.

WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK??? Does he have a case??
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2006, 01:20 AM   #2
parachute
parachute
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i Coupe

Garage List
2011 335i  [0.00]
2006 325i  [0.00]
dont worry about it, take the return and you'll shut him up. A BMW driver doesnt have time to worry about minor stuff like this.

Appreciate 0
      07-29-2006, 01:43 AM   #3
ZuerstBMW
¡Viva España!
Rep
Drives: 2023 230i Mineral White

You should have waited till the check cleared your account before you sent the phone out. Obviously this guy is a moroon, Ebay is FULL of them. This is why I ALWAYS wait till a check clears my account before I send anything out. Ive had may of buyers like him. If he wants a refund, you need to tell him that he needs to send the phone back in the same condition that it was sent to him in. Good luck.

Last edited by ZuerstBMW; 07-29-2006 at 04:10 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2006, 03:48 AM   #4
Scarabeo
Private First Class
Italy
Rep
Drives: E90

You made 2 mistakes - one, misleading advertising, and two, you didn't use Paypal for the transaction....good luck but I think you are going to eat this one....
Appreciate 0