BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - Southeast

08-23-2011, 08:10 PM   #23
bhbfalcons
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 M3 Sedan

Any one interested in a drive to tail of the dragon check out here for the page:
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...1#post10285255
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2012, 09:16 PM   #24
ramuman
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: -

A bump of this thread for any updates.
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2012, 01:16 PM   #25
dce93atl
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 Buick Enclave "Leather"

Garage List
I have a guy that works at a local BMW dealer here in Atlanta that offers $100 full detail(wash, wax, interior) He has all of the dealer secrets and can truly make your car look great. I'm going to him this Sunday 9/16 coming up. PM me for details.
atlbimmers@yahoo.com
Member of:ATLBIMMERS, M-ATLANTA, A-TOWN M-CLUB
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2012, 01:22 PM   #26
quads
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: bac mono

^in for details too...
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2012, 06:13 PM   #27
ddas
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 Daytona Violet M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dce93atl View Post
I have a guy that works at a local BMW dealer here in Atlanta that offers $100 full detail(wash, wax, interior) He has all of the dealer secrets and can truly make your car look great. I'm going to him this Sunday 9/16 coming up. PM me for details.

"Dealer secrets" lol
-like how to do things super fast without regard for long term health.
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2012, 12:37 AM   #28
M3
///M3
Rep
Drives: M3

Garage List
2022 BMW M3  [0.00]
Any of you tried Global Imports for full detailing? I'll be taking my M3 there next week.
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2012, 05:21 PM   #29
dmk08
Gone Fishin’
United_States
Rep
Drives: Walks

All I'll say is I took my car to Global for the PPI and will never take it there again. Ended up going to United for a second PPI and have been going there since. My .02.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2012, 11:29 AM   #30
M3
///M3
Rep

Garage List
2022 BMW M3  [0.00]
They did a horrible job. Will never go back to Global again. Wish I saw that message earlier.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2012, 01:40 PM   #31
dmk08
Gone Fishin’
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 View Post
They did a horrible job. Will never go back to Global again. Wish I saw that message earlier.
Sorry to hear that. They left my ///M under a tree for 4 days while I was out of state because they didn't deliver it back on schedule before I left. It took me hours to get all the sap off my car. The worst part was that they had a 'we cleaned your car as a courtesy' thing hanging on my rear view when I got it like that. When I complained they treated me like it was a privilege for me to service my car there.

Anyway I need a good detail-er in Atlanta still. I would like someone who can really restore my Jet Black and my headlights. I know there has to be someone... Anyone? Bueller?
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2012, 02:10 PM   #32
warp10
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 Jet Black:ZCP, ZCV, ZP

Garage List
2011 M3  [10.00]
2011 28i X3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmk08
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 View Post
Sorry to hear that. They left my ///M under a tree for 4 days while I was out of state because they didn't deliver it back on schedule before I left. It took me hours to get all the sap off my car. The worst part was that they had a 'we cleaned your car as a courtesy' thing hanging on my rear view when I got it like that. When I complained they treated me like it was a privilege for me to service my car there.

Anyway I need a good detail-er in Atlanta still. I would like someone who can really restore my Jet Black and my headlights. I know there has to be someone... Anyone? Bueller?
Contact jean-Claude. Best that I know of!
http://detaileddesignsautospa.com/www.detaileddesignsautospa.com/index.html
      10-31-2012, 02:19 PM   #33
dmk08
Gone Fishin’
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by warp10 View Post
Contact jean-Claude. Best that I know of!
http://detaileddesignsautospa.com/ww...com/index.html
Awesome, Thanks. I have reached out to him!
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2012, 08:14 PM   #34
M3
///M3
Rep

Garage List
2022 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmk08 View Post
Awesome, Thanks. I have reached out to him!
Let me know how it goes. E92 Jerez Black here and it is a one tough color to keep clean Just got the car, so I want my first days to be exceptional with it
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2012, 08:39 PM   #35
warp10
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 Jet Black:ZCP, ZCV, ZP

Garage List
2011 M3  [10.00]
2011 28i X3  [0.00]
^...you should get a opticoat 2.0 treatment keeps the car looking great...wish I had done this when I got my Jet Black...

http://www.optimumcarcare.com/ocoat1.php?li=4
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2012, 10:20 PM   #36
meauxdogs
Private
Rep
Drives: 2018 M550

I had a paint correction performed on my jet black 2010 M3 a couple of weeks ago by Bryan Burnworth at Peach State Detail (www.peachstatedetail.com). I purchased the car slightly used in August 2010 (about 4,000 miles on it), and it already had pretty severe water spots etched into the clear coat. I finally decided to do something about it and had Bryan perform his magic on it.

After some futile efforts to polish out the etching, Bryan wet sanded the hood, trunk, rooof, and sides of the body down the "crease" on the upper side panels since any flat--or close to flat--surface of body was badly etched. After wet sanding, the car was polished, and finished off with a coat of Wolf's Hard Body. Knowing what the paint looked like before he started, the results are stunning.

I wish I had some good before close up pictures for before and after comparison that I could post. I do have a a few pictures Bryan sent me during the correction, including one of a wet sanded and partially polished hood bulge. That is a frightening sight if you haven't seen wet sanding in process.

After seeing what he did with my jet black paint, I highly recommend Bryan and Peach State Detail. The paint correction was not cheap, but neither is the M3, and if you want to own a jet black one, well... Anyway, if I wasn't prepared to pay him for the time and work that would really correct the paint, I would have just continued to put up with a perpetually dirty looking jet black car.

In addition to being an incredible detailer, Bryan is a great guy, does a great job of explaining what he is going to do and why, and was very helpful with recommendations on how to maintain his great work.
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2012, 09:36 AM   #37
dmk08
Gone Fishin’
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by meauxdogs View Post
I had a paint correction performed on my jet black 2010 M3 a couple of weeks ago by Bryan Burnworth at Peach State Detail (www.peachstatedetail.com). I purchased the car slightly used in August 2010 (about 4,000 miles on it), and it already had pretty severe water spots etched into the clear coat. I finally decided to do something about it and had Bryan perform his magic on it.

After some futile efforts to polish out the etching, Bryan wet sanded the hood, trunk, rooof, and sides of the body down the "crease" on the upper side panels since any flat--or close to flat--surface of body was badly etched. After wet sanding, the car was polished, and finished off with a coat of Wolf's Hard Body. Knowing what the paint looked like before he started, the results are stunning.

I wish I had some good before close up pictures for before and after comparison that I could post. I do have a a few pictures Bryan sent me during the correction, including one of a wet sanded and partially polished hood bulge. That is a frightening sight if you haven't seen wet sanding in process.

After seeing what he did with my jet black paint, I highly recommend Bryan and Peach State Detail. The paint correction was not cheap, but neither is the M3, and if you want to own a jet black one, well... Anyway, if I wasn't prepared to pay him for the time and work that would really correct the paint, I would have just continued to put up with a perpetually dirty looking jet black car.

In addition to being an incredible detailer, Bryan is a great guy, does a great job of explaining what he is going to do and why, and was very helpful with recommendations on how to maintain his great work.
Nice. Can you post the pictures you have?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2012, 12:00 PM   #38
meauxdogs
Private
Rep
Drives: 2018 M550

Here are several pics that Bryan sent me. I think these were all taken with an iPhone.

Wheels were removed and cleaned inside and out.
Name:  cleaned inner wheel.jpeg
Views: 650
Size:  244.5 KB

Wolf's Rim Shield and Hard Body were applied to the wheels.
Name:  cleaned outer wheel.jpeg
Views: 647
Size:  265.2 KB

Much of the car was wet sanded. This is the hood bulge, with the left side beginning to be polished back out.
Name:  wet sanded hood.jpeg
Views: 655
Size:  216.4 KB

Next several pics are during the polishing process, but none of them are after the final polishing and Wolf's Hard Body application.
Name:  front polished.jpeg
Views: 718
Size:  413.0 KB

Name:  pass side polished.jpeg
Views: 745
Size:  427.5 KB

Name:  polished hood.jpeg
Views: 646
Size:  377.1 KB

Name:  polished left side.jpeg
Views: 616
Size:  239.4 KB

Name:  side polished.jpeg
Views: 656
Size:  352.2 KB
One exhaust pipe has been polished in this pic.
Name:  polished one exhaust pipe.jpeg
Views: 708
Size:  329.6 KB
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2012, 09:51 PM   #39
mdoughty
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2014 Alpine White M5

beautiful car...jet black is incredible when it is well maintained. i'm going to hit up peach state. my red is becoming etched as well.
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2012, 10:52 AM   #40
gmblack3
Paint Polishing Perfection
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 335is '12 535i GT

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by meauxdogs View Post

Meauxdogs, Thank you very much for your kind words! It was my pleasure to bring your paint back to life! I think my talented assistant and I had over 60 man hours invested into your Jet Black M3.

As you requested here are more pics from my FB page.

Bryan Burnworth
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2013, 03:25 PM   #41
dmk08
Gone Fishin’
United_States
Rep

Bryan corrected my Jet Black and did opticoat as well. Including Opticoat on the wheels this weekend.. looks great..

Not really a great pic but anyone who has Jet Black knows the sun usually shows the truth. My car was a swirled up mess before Bryan touched it.

And then the wheels were opti this weekend.. really brought out the shine!

Would recommend anyone who wants a full correction to reach out to him. He's great to work with, honest, and makes sure you get what you want.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2013, 03:36 PM   #42
rrides
Rep
Drives: 2000 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MosesEMMMY View Post
does anyone from Atlanta meet up?
We meet the second Sunday of every month

https://www.facebook.com/Intownatlantam
Appreciate 0