BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

BPM

07-17-2009, 12:56 AM   #23
Finnegan
Dog Listener
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4M/. Z3M, E36/46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickjames View Post
So Finnegan......the Shadowline trim on your Vert.....did you have that done at EAS?

I have an 09 M3 Vert on order (should take delivery end of Aug) and I'm gonna want the shadowline put on the chrome trim but I'm in Texas.........hoping EAS isn't the only guys that do it. Don't wanna drive it all the way to CA to have it done even though it would be a cool break in trip :-)

Mike
Yep, had it done by Brandon at EAS. Great folks at EAS and it looks great! I wasn't able to find anyone in Norcal who could do it, so we made a trip out of it and got in a good drive on the Pacific Coast Highway along with the trim!
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2009, 12:57 AM   #24
smmmurf
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 DCT 353k+ miles

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoreHead View Post
I think a little bit of sick just came up there.

That is an abomination. It's not even offered in Europe. Why would you take a feature that was developed to improve the handling and is made of CARBON FIBRE and get rid of it in favour of a sunroof?????

Best of both worlds??? Open the bloody window if you want a breeze.
again

Only in North America. You're a disgrace man. once more.
Agreed! No moonroof on my Sedan! Don't want a hole in MY roof!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nawaaz View Post
Coupe > Convertible

Coupe < Sedan

But that's just me.
Nope, not just you.

Sedan is the best M3...
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2009, 09:31 AM   #25
Nawaaz
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: .

Quote:
Originally Posted by smmmurf View Post
Agreed! No moonroof on my Sedan! Don't want a hole in MY roof!

Nope, not just you.

Sedan is the best M3...
I'm glad you agree!

Btw, I hate when someone asks me, "You didn't get a sunroof???"

I tell them that the sunroof looks ugly, and plus it adds weight.....And there's no need for it on a 4 door sports car.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2009, 10:31 AM   #26
MMMorish
Just call me J.J. McClure
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 & C4 Corvette

Quote:

That is an abomination. It's not even offered in Europe. Why would you take a feature that was developed to improve the handling and is made of CARBON FIBRE and get rid of it in favour of a sunroof?????

again

Hey SoreHead, stuff it!

You're in Ontario, probably Toronto, let's meet up and I'll show you something that my coupe with a moonroof can do that your coupe with a CF roof can't...and that's open up and let the sun and wind in.

Then you'll probably try to show me something that your coupe with a CF roof can do that my coupe with a moonroof can't...and that's nothing!

Keep buying into BMW's marketing and be the consumer idiot they want you to be. Sorry to tell you but you've been lied to. Your car will never out handle my car just because of the CF roof

To the OP, get whatever you want. You'll love either one.
MODS: Meisterschaft GT Racing Exhaust / BMC Air Filter / UUC SSK & DSSR (Modded)/ RPI Scoops / Passport SRX Hardwired / Custom Wrap 3M Clearbra / 20% Tint / 50% Windshield Tint / Key Hole Delete / Matted Out Accessories / VRS Type II Diffuser / Smoked Reflectors / Euphoria 6K LED Interior Lights / Rear Fog Light Mod / 6000K HID's / 6500K LUX H8 Angel Eyes / RDash License Plate LED Kit / LED Xenon Reverse Lights
"M3 drivers have no friends"
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2009, 11:00 AM   #27
SoreHead
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 M3 coupe - Manual

Garage List
2009 E92  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMMorish View Post
Hey SoreHead, stuff it!

You're in Ontario, probably Toronto, let's meet up and I'll show you something that my coupe with a moonroof can do that your coupe with a CF roof can't...and that's open up and let the sun and wind in.

Then you'll probably try to show me something that your coupe with a CF roof can do that my coupe with a moonroof can't...and that's nothing!

Keep buying into BMW's marketing and be the consumer idiot they want you to be. Sorry to tell you but you've been lied to. Your car will never out handle my car just because of the CF roof

Nope. Not in Toronto.

It will have a better centre of gravity than a car with a metal roof. That's why they put the engineering into it. It will be a minuscule difference but it's a difference all the same.
Did you also look for it in auto with softer springs and lighter steering? Maybe get them to jack it up a bit so it's easier to get out of. Maybe you'd have like a nice wood dash instead of the carbon or aluminum? If you wanted the sun on you head that much why didn't you buy the E93? You got rid of a carbon fibre roof for a small hole that just causes turbulent noise on anything over crawling pace. On a sports car. Very sporty alright.

I think you'll find true auto enthusiasts will know who the real idiot is.

Blasphemy plain and simple.

Also if you look at my original post I did include the grin at the end so you know I was just slagging you so the name calling is on your own head.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2009, 01:47 PM   #28
AMOCHOSTO
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: IB BB E90 M3

Quote:
Coupe > Convertible

Coupe < Sedan

But that's just me.
Me too!

Appreciate 0
      07-17-2009, 01:53 PM   #29
AMOCHOSTO
Major
Canada
Rep

Quote:
I'm glad you agree!

Btw, I hate when someone asks me, "You didn't get a sunroof???"

I tell them that the sunroof looks ugly, and plus it adds weight.....And there's no need for it on a 4 door sports car.
Don't agree with you there though. I like the sun to shine on me, but don't want a vert.

Appreciate 0
      07-17-2009, 01:55 PM   #30
AMOCHOSTO
Major
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Hey SoreHead, stuff it!

What, you don't think a 0.61% weight change will make a difference?

Me neither!

Appreciate 0
      07-17-2009, 02:02 PM   #31
MMMorish
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Nope. Not in Toronto.

It will have a better centre of gravity than a car with a metal roof. That's why they put the engineering into it. It will be a minuscule difference but it's a difference all the same.
Did you also look for it in auto with softer springs and lighter steering? Maybe get them to jack it up a bit so it's easier to get out of. Maybe you'd have like a nice wood dash instead of the carbon or aluminum? If you wanted the sun on you head that much why didn't you buy the E93? You got rid of a carbon fibre roof for a small hole that just causes turbulent noise on anything over crawling pace. On a sports car. Very sporty alright.

I think you'll find true auto enthusiasts will know who the real idiot is.

Blasphemy plain and simple.

Also if you look at my original post I did include the grin at the end so you know I was just slagging you so the name calling is on your own head.
If you actually read my post you'd see that I never called you any name at all. I said that BMW wants you to be a consumer idiot, not me.

As for looking for a "softer" car, you're talking to the wrong guy. I own a car, not my M3, that is modded way beyond what most guys on this forum (save for PG, Mexico and maybe a few others) have done to their M's.

You want to talk about blasphemy? M3's have always had moonroof's, so now just because they offer a model with a CF roof, the moonroof is a bad thing? Let's get one thing straight... we're not professional drivers! None of us have won anything in the world of pro racing, save for TK, and we spend 1% of your time driving your M on the track. Tell me, what good is a CF roof the other 99% of the time? Even Porsches come with moonroofs that can't be deleted. I guess their not sports cars either.

Just admit it, you bought your CF roof for it's looks and you would have probably still bought one even if the CF roof wasn't an option.

Whatever dude, I don't care. I like my moonroof and I use it all the time, that's all that matters.

Oh yeah, BTW my M does have the wood trim and I love it!
MODS: Meisterschaft GT Racing Exhaust / BMC Air Filter / UUC SSK & DSSR (Modded)/ RPI Scoops / Passport SRX Hardwired / Custom Wrap 3M Clearbra / 20% Tint / 50% Windshield Tint / Key Hole Delete / Matted Out Accessories / VRS Type II Diffuser / Smoked Reflectors / Euphoria 6K LED Interior Lights / Rear Fog Light Mod / 6000K HID's / 6500K LUX H8 Angel Eyes / RDash License Plate LED Kit / LED Xenon Reverse Lights
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2009, 02:08 PM   #32
AMOCHOSTO
Major
Canada
Rep

Quote:
If you actually read my post you'd see that I never called you any name at all. I said that BMW wants you to be a consumer idiot, not me.

As for looking for a "softer" car, you're talking to the wrong guy. I own a car, not my M3, that is modded way beyond what most guys on this forum (save for PG, Mexico and maybe a few others) have done to their M's.

You want to talk about blasphemy? M3's have always had moonroof's, so now just because they offer a model with a CF roof, the moonroof is a bad thing? Let's get one thing straight... we're not professional drivers! None of us have won anything in the world of pro racing, save for TK, and you spend 1% of your time driving your M on the track. Tell me, what good is a CF roof the other 99% of the time? Even Porsches come with moonroofs that can't be deleted. I guess their not sports cars either.

Just admit it, you bought your CF roof for it's looks!

Whatever dude, I don't care. I like my moonroof and I use it all the time, that's all that matters.

Mine too, but I haven't seen it yet!

CF looks really good to me, but you can't get it in a sedan and I want a moonroof. Easy choice for me.

I'll enjoy my moonroof as much or more than anyone without it will enjoy their cf roof, and if we both have the same level of skill my lap times will be in the same range as theirs too.

Appreciate 0
      07-17-2009, 02:17 PM   #33
SoreHead
Captain
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2009 E92  [0.00]
Quote:

You want to talk about blasphemy? M3's have always had moonroof's, so now just because they offer a model with a CF roof, the moonroof is a bad thing? Let's get one thing straight... we're not professional drivers! None of us have won anything in the world of pro racing, save for TK, and we spend 1% of your time driving your M on the track. Tell me, what good is a CF roof the other 99% of the time? Even Porsches come with moonroofs that can't be deleted. I guess their not sports cars either.

Just admit it, you bought your CF roof for it's looks and you would have probably still bought one even if the CF roof wasn't an option.

Actually I'd have my underwear made from CF if it was possible
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2009, 02:54 PM   #34
MMMorish
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Actually I'd have my underwear made from CF if it was possible
that's awesome!
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2009, 04:06 PM   #35
SoreHead
Captain
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2009 E92  [0.00]
Quote:
that's awesome!
Only fear is that it shatters so if I sat down to hard it could get ugly.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2009, 09:10 PM   #36
pmeloche
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2013 F25 X3 xDrive35i

Quote:
Coupe > Convertible

Coupe < Sedan

But that's just me.
My opinion too.

Patrice
2013 F25 X3 xDrive35i Vermillion Red
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2009, 11:14 PM   #37
AZ-BMW
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 M3 E93 w/DCT

"Coupe" top down in 22 seconds, back up again in 23 seconds
Whats to decide, of course the Vert is a better choice, but then I'm a little biased
Attached Images

2009 AW M3 E93 - Black Novillo|DCT|ZTP|ZPP|752 Enh Audio|4UT|Heated Seats|6FL|6NF|
For jpg's: http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthr...=186382&page=4
Traded: 2007 335i E93
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2009, 04:42 PM   #38
Ken37.73
Private 1st Class
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 Jet Black

Quote:

again

Ha ha ha ha "a bit of sick came up" - classic.

Original poster - answer depends on whether you're into M3's or you''re into convertbles ................
      07-18-2009, 04:55 PM   #39
M3 vert
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: F10 M5, E93 M3, '12 750ix

Two different kind of vehicles, like mentioned earlier.

I was into the whole hardtop convertible thing, its like having two cars in one with the E93.

Sure the E92 is faster on the track and handles a bit better too, but lets face it how many days do you spend on the track during the year.

I have driven both and on public roads the differences are quite small.
Coupes have fixed rear windows whereas in the vert you can get that open air feeling by putting down all 4 windows, and still enjoy the wind in your hair.

I might be biased coming from a SL600 and now the M3 vert, but get the E93 you wont regret it. Can also be used in winter, i wont do it but many of us do so its your choice
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2009, 05:02 PM   #40
southlight
Moderator / European Editor
Rep
Drives: X3M

Quote:
It's not even offered in Europe. Why would you take a feature that was developed to improve the handling and is made of CARBON FIBRE and get rid of it in favour of a sunroof?????
Sunroof is available as a no cost option not only in NA, but also in some (maybe most) European contries.

Best regards,
south

JOIN THE 6MT CLUB GROUP
Appreciate 0