BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > The Sports Lounge

10-26-2007, 08:16 PM   #89
djmatty
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2003 330i; 1999 328i (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DasBlitz View Post
Ahh, yes but you have great knowledge yet won't even reply with one post? Makes sense. Post or shut up because last I checked that was the point of forums. And if you feel I am wrong then enlighten me.

Although I learned in the other thread you like to say stuff and then go and hide.
Rockies suck because they're an NL team, Red Sox will own them. There you a go. A post at (well, slightly above) your intellectual level.
      10-26-2007, 08:56 PM   #90
morgie2
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 135i convertible

Quote:
If the Red sox win, which Is not for sure still. It wont be a big deal.

Red sox are the new Yankees. All they do is buy their way into the playoffs. I like the team i'm a fan. But i've just been realizing things and I'm not as blindsided and think they are the best and amazing.

Truthfully if there was a salary cap they wouldnt be doing shit. And maybe people would realize Theo Epstein sucks balls.
Don't agree with your assessment of Theo. He has made mistakes with some free agent signings, but look at his handling of homegrown talent. Youk, Pedroia, Ellsbury, Bucholtz, not to mention signing Papi for LIGHT money. He's awesome. Not perfect obviously, but who is. And he BURYS Cashman.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2007, 08:59 PM   #91
morgie2
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmatty View Post
Rockies suck because they're an NL team, Red Sox will own them. There you a go. A post at (well, slightly above) your intellectual level.

Don't agree with this statement either. The Rockies are a solid ball club. You do NOT get to the World Series otherwise.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2007, 09:08 PM   #92
morgie2
First Lieutenant
Rep

Dice-K

Something to watch for. Dice-K, by virtue of the Sox being up 2-0, will be pitching with a little less immediate pressure than his other recent starts. I think that he could really pitch well tomorrow night.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2007, 09:54 PM   #93
djmatty
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by morgie2 View Post
Don't agree with this statement either. The Rockies are a solid ball club. You do NOT get to the World Series otherwise.
I was being sarcastic. Although your logic isn't sound, either.
      10-26-2007, 09:55 PM   #94
djmatty
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Don't agree with your assessment of Theo. He has made mistakes with some free agent signings, but look at his handling of homegrown talent. Youk, Pedroia, Ellsbury, Bucholtz, not to mention signing Papi for LIGHT money. He's awesome. Not perfect obviously, but who is. And he BURYS Cashman.
Don't forget Okajima for $2.5 million over 2 years.
      10-26-2007, 11:32 PM   #95
DasBlitz
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: bmw 328i 07

Garage List
2007 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
He's still not as great as Boston fans make him out to be. It's like they do no wrong in the fans eyes. That is just another way I feel the Red sox are becoming similar to the Yankees. Many Yankees fans are the same way and see themselves as the shit.

Also, I will state again I'm not some massive baseball fan. Won't lie and say I am truthfully I'm still posting in this thread just for some conversation and maybe some new knowledge. But atleast I am not biased and blinded.

Quote:
I was being sarcastic. Although your logic isn't sound, either.
Ok what about the fact that they had a great streak of 21 games going. In this case the rockies are a good club and very young.
      10-27-2007, 12:32 AM   #96
djmatty
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Ok what about the fact that they had a great streak of 21 games going. In this case the rockies are a good club and very young.
Does that refute my contention that NL teams suck? No. They won 21 out of 22 against NL teams, then drop 2 straight against an AL team.
      10-27-2007, 12:33 AM   #97
djmatty
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
He's still not as great as Boston fans make him out to be. It's like they do no wrong in the fans eyes. That is just another way I feel the Red sox are becoming similar to the Yankees. Many Yankees fans are the same way and see themselves as the shit.

Also, I will state again I'm not some massive baseball fan. Won't lie and say I am truthfully I'm still posting in this thread just for some conversation and maybe some new knowledge. But atleast I am not biased and blinded
You obviously don't listen to WEEI, and all the callers that criticize Theo and Francona. You, sir, are severely uninformed. You just have a blind hatred for the Red Sox and their fans.
      10-27-2007, 12:48 AM   #98
335iheLLraiseR
اوليسيس
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 335

Garage List
2007 e92 335  [10.00]
Quote:
sorry guys but the fact that the rockies made it to the WS is fluke. Matt Holliday did not score that winning run in SD, and they should not have advanced. Sorry but they were lucky, nothing more nothing less. that win was given to them, it was not earned.

ps

i'm not a red sox fan either.
Anyone who can transition seamlessly from defending one vendor and bashing another vendor to bashing the one he formally defended and defending the one he formally bashed has a instant credibility problem.
<---Sign up Now for Bonus Storage! Up to 10gb!
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2007, 10:01 AM   #99
DasBlitz
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: bmw 328i 07

Garage List
2007 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
You obviously don't listen to WEEI, and all the callers that criticize Theo and Francona. You, sir, are severely uninformed. You just have a blind hatred for the Red Sox and their fans.
First I already stated i'm not a huge fan. But at the same time I would bet there are many fans who feel the managers are great and fine. I'm glad there are some who atleast agree with me.

Also again I don't hate the team if anything It is still the team I'd go to see a game at over anywhere else. But I won't lie It must be because I am currently in the Fenway area a lot for schooling and seeing my girlfriend.

Which I think has caused me to start to hate the Red sox due to the massive amount of people who are randomly fans and who think they are the shit and then the so called fans for awhile who say how crazy they are and this and that.

I wouldn't doubt its because of that, that I have been much harder on the team and finding more faults with them. I just really despise the fans I just mentioned.

Either way I hope they win at this point if they don't it will make the team look pretty bad because as you stated NL teams suck. So I hope they win they are still a team I like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335iheLLraiseR View Post
sorry guys but the fact that the rockies made it to the WS is fluke. Matt Holliday did not score that winning run in SD, and they should not have advanced. Sorry but they were lucky, nothing more nothing less. that win was given to them, it was not earned.

ps

i'm not a red sox fan either.
I do believe the red sox got in through a fluke. One of the games could have easily shifted if the umpire wasnt dumb and called the guy out at second. There was also another time in the game where Cleveland could have won.

That's baseball for you though, no replays or anything like that. I feel that is a huge thing baseball needs to look into. Because with that replay it was clear cut the guy was safe.
      10-27-2007, 12:39 PM   #100
morgie2
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
I do believe the red sox got in through a fluke. One of the games could have easily shifted if the umpire wasnt dumb and called the guy out at second. There was also another time in the game where Cleveland could have won.

That's baseball for you though, no replays or anything like that. I feel that is a huge thing baseball needs to look into. Because with that replay it was clear cut the guy was safe.
Cleveland got every bounce and every break imagineable in that series. That's why it's more than a one game playoff. The breaks seem to even out and the best team emerges the victor in a long series. Imho if Youkilis hits a single in the ninth of game 2, Cleveland might have been swept.
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2007, 12:41 PM   #101
ska///235i
***** noob
United_States
Rep
Drives: 325xi&gt;M235i&gt;428GCx Mspor

Garage List
2006 325xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Don't forget Okajima for $2.5 million over 2 years.
Okajima has been for the entire year
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2007, 12:45 PM   #102
ska///235i
***** noob
United_States
Rep
Drives: 325xi&gt;M235i&gt;428GCx Mspor

Garage List
2006 325xi  [0.00]
Quote:
First I already stated i'm not a huge fan. But at the same time I would bet there are many fans who feel the managers are great and fine. I'm glad there are some who atleast agree with me.

Also again I don't hate the team if anything It is still the team I'd go to see a game at over anywhere else. But I won't lie It must be because I am currently in the Fenway area a lot for schooling and seeing my girlfriend.

Which I think has caused me to start to hate the Red sox due to the massive amount of people who are randomly fans and who think they are the shit and then the so called fans for awhile who say how crazy they are and this and that.

I wouldn't doubt its because of that, that I have been much harder on the team and finding more faults with them. I just really despise the fans I just mentioned.
Well...Fenway area is just a bunch of College kids (alot of them are not even from Boston). I hate them too, but thats just a minority of the true Red Sox Fans

Last edited by ska///235i; 10-27-2007 at 01:10 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2007, 01:00 PM   #103
morgie2
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:

Either way I hope they win at this point if they don't it will make the team look pretty bad because as you stated NL teams suck. So I hope they win they are still a team I like.
Actually, this describes Boston College fans. It's why I hate BC teams.
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2007, 03:46 PM   #104
djmatty
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Cleveland got every bounce and every break imagineable in that series. That's why it's more than a one game playoff. The breaks seem to even out and the best team emerges the victor in a long series. Imho if Youkilis hits a single in the ninth of game 2, Cleveland might have been swept.
Yeah, if you had HD, you could see Pedroia got Lofton's left fingertips, you couldn't really see it with an SD TV.

Boston has always historically gotten screwed in the playoffs. If I had a dollar for every phantom tag against Boston, I would be a very, very rich man.
      10-27-2007, 03:48 PM   #105
djmatty
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Yeah, I'd assume so...

Quote:

Yes, we all hate pink hatters. But it's part of any team being successful, if even for one year. You know how many Colts "fans" there are now that probably couldn't name ten players for them?

Quote:
They still have a ~5% chance of winning.....but if they drop games 3 or 4, I'd put it at .00000001%.
      10-28-2007, 08:38 AM   #106
'Cane
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 Aventurin/SS G82 xDrive

Garage List
Quote:

Here's a good article you can read. If you do, you may see how uninformed your posts in this thread look.
http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/7...0813162&ATT=49
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2007, 11:02 AM   #107
morgie2
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Something to watch for. Dice-K, by virtue of the Sox being up 2-0, will be pitching with a little less immediate pressure than his other recent starts. I think that he could really pitch well tomorrow night.
Hey, this guy really knows his baseball, huh?
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2007, 07:51 PM   #108
325 Baller
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3 28i

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Sorry if this was asked already....Does anyone know the name/where to get the music they play going into commercials and at the beginning of the fox broadcast. Some type of soft maybe classical piece?
      10-28-2007, 07:52 PM   #109
djmatty
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 325 Baller View Post
Sorry if this was asked already....Does anyone know the name/where to get the music they play going into commercials and at the beginning of the fox broadcast. Some type of soft maybe classical piece?
I think it's the the theme to Jurassic Park, lol. j/k
      10-28-2007, 08:27 PM   #110
Taittinger
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Monaco Blue E92

Garage List
2007 335i Cpe  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 325 Baller View Post
It sounds familiar. I think it is a theme from a movie but I cannot place it. At times I think it sounds like Titanic and others Armageddon.

'07 Monaco Blue 335i ordered 9/4 built 9/21 shipped 9/28 arrived 10/12 at dealership 10/18 vroom 10/19 christened 11/3...
Appreciate 0