BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

European Auto Source (EAS)

11-22-2011, 09:18 PM   #89
Werked M fizzle
Private
Rep
Drives: E39 M5

Too much load at too low an RPM...
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2011, 11:34 PM   #90
yyoo
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_of_Persia View Post
If you dont drive your car to its limit, you better have bought a civic. Are you a poser that just bought your M3 to show off your car? I have no problem with people driving slow, i most of the time follow the speed limit as well (speed limit + 10km/hr) but have problem with cars staying on the left lane while they are people that wants to drive faster, then they totally deserve to be cut off
I can understand your aggravation with slow cars in the left lane, since it's supposed be the _passing lane_ and not a _park your butt and never leave_ lane. But, I think you're off base if you're characterizing those who drive their M3s calmly on freeways as "posers."

IMHO, the poser is the guy weaving through freeway traffic thinking that's what "driving at the limit" is about.

Driving at the limit in a BMW is more about trailbraking into T2 at Laguna Seca, correcting for power-on oversteer as you come out of T11 at Infineon, and doing a gentle four-wheel drift at 95 mph through a high-speed corner and using every inch of exit and then some.

And if you've never driven a car at its limit, the E9x M3 isn't the first car you want to try it in, except perhaps in a safe, controlled environment, like an autocross or a high performance driving school.

Finally, virtually any car can be fun at the limit, be it an M3, a Civic, or a Pontiac Sunfire.
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2011, 01:07 AM   #91
Superfly_M3
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3

I didn't read 90% of this thread, I just read the first page.
Most of you guys are so anal. The guy just wanted someone else to verify if anyone has this "missfire" feel in their own car, and you guys come out firing, flaming, calling names, etc. I mean holy shit, just try the procedure and say yes or no. It would probably take less energy than posting here all this time and arguing about this.

Damn!!!
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2011, 12:42 PM   #92
Powerslide
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superfly_M3 View Post
Most of you guys are so anal. The guy just wanted someone else to verify if anyone has this "missfire" feel in their own car, and you guys come out firing, flaming, calling names, etc. I mean holy shit, just try the procedure and say yes or no. It would probably take less energy than posting here all this time and arguing about this.

Damn!!!
1 ^. Unfortunately that's par for the course on this forum - I like this forum a lot, but two things have remained the same since I started on here back in 2007: 1) tons of people who refuse to accept contrary opinions, who flame the crap out of those who dare hold a differing viewpoint; and 2) people who can't distinguish between a subjective opinion vs. Objective fact/data.
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2011, 02:35 PM   #93
JCtx
Major General
Rep
Drives: No BMW yet

Quote:
I mean holy shit, just try the procedure and say yes or no.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerslide View Post
Unfortunately that's par for the course on this forum
Yep, and it's only getting worse as the E9x M3 becomes more affordable IMO. But it happens on every forum, and that's the purpose of the 'ignore list'. And yes, I've 'exercised' mine on this board more than all others combined... times 100 . But you go thru the board a lot quicker . Have a good one folks.
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2011, 12:32 AM   #94
blackfunk
Rep
Drives: Space Gray

Quote:

Damn!!!
Ironically I'm new to the board but I've been reading quite a bit and that was my initial thought. It only required a simple yes or no answer. It seems par for the course but if I recall correctly part of joining a forum such as this is for assistance with issues etc etc. I'm quite sure the OP didn't need anyone else to tell him how to drive and whats the proper rpm to maintain etc.

As someone who lives in NYC I suppose I should be considered a poser as any old car would do yet I have an M3 on order. 90% of the time I'm completely stuck in traffic or stuck at a light or one thats about to turn red so yes for me I have no interest in 8400 upshift, does that mean I don't qualify for a good time the other 10% of the time?
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2011, 03:22 AM   #95
SenorFunkyPants
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2019 M5

There is (or at least was for the UK market) a software update for the ECU, as part of a larger software package, that covered this issue about a year and a half ago (flat spot @ wide throttle opening at lowish revs)....which is why later cars don't suffer from the problem.
Most cars will already have had the update at some time but if you have an early car that hasn't had an update since spring 2010 then that will solve it (assuming the rest of your car is in good order).
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2011, 06:51 AM   #96
raywong
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E92M3

I think this forum has more younger people comparing to my other forums like ferrari, and M.Benz... The ferrari forum is wonderful, you get a lot of constructive post there. the atmosphere there is warm and professional and humble or maybe they are just old...
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2011, 10:03 AM   #97
Singletrack
4th down; 4th quarter? Renegade.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 SSII E92 M3; 19 FG M5C

Quote:
Originally Posted by elp_jc View Post
Yep, and it's only getting worse as the E9x M3 becomes more affordable IMO. But it happens on every forum, and that's the purpose of the 'ignore list'. And yes, I've 'exercised' mine on this board more than all others combined... times 100 . But you go thru the board a lot quicker . Have a good one folks.
OH NO, HERE COME THE POOR, IGNORANT PEOPLE! RUN! HIDE!
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2011, 10:15 AM   #98
Bmw M3 Guy
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Vanos!!!

RPI GT-M - ESS TUNE
Appreciate 0