BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

EXXEL Distributions
Closed Thread

01-11-2008, 11:08 AM   #45
fizzle
is it the 5oclock free crack giveaway?
United_States
Rep
Drives: a motorized vee-hickle

honestly i hate people in the left lane who just cruise and talk on there cellphones, usually its AZN women or INDIAN women. they are horrible drivers! i have many AZN friends and they claim the same thing. also hasidic jews who have 10 people in the car in there minivans...ughhhhhhh and they look at you like wtf. i usually flash people to move over and they do, some dont do shit because they dont know what that means. i think this should be taught if you get a license anywhere!
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2008, 11:10 AM   #46
Eazyrock
Major
Guyana
Rep
Drives: 08' Helix 335i E93

Quote:
Originally Posted by fizzle View Post
honestly i hate people in the left lane who just cruise and talk on there cellphones, usually its AZN women or INDIAN women. they are horrible drivers! i have many AZN friends and they claim the same thing. also hasidic jews who have 10 people in the car in there minivans...ughhhhhhh and they look at you like wtf. i usually flash people to move over and they do, some dont do shit because they dont know what that means. i think this should be taught if you get a license anywhere!
fizz, your crazy.. hehe
      01-11-2008, 11:12 AM   #47
DFW_M
Major General
Rep
Drives: Macan GTS

Quote:
I would not generalize...
I've seen plenty of old people in FL doing it, plenty of OH, NC and other northern people doing it... It is the lack of education since we have no driver's schools that teach you this...
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2008, 12:00 PM   #48
bronco
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomwid View Post
Only thing that's getting raped is going to be you when you slam your brakes on me for no reason.
No, clearly dont read....Have I ever said anything about slaming my brakes???
      01-11-2008, 12:22 PM   #49
Spool
Vietnam
Rep
Drives: A few

LOL i love this board, people can't take jokes and they just cry all day...

MKIV 6spd 1000hp Club
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2008, 12:32 PM   #50
pdjafari
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Axe Murderer with headlights

Quote:
LOL, ya asian women are really bad drivers, indians are pretty bad 2. Just the other day I saw an older asian lady behind the wheel of a Jaguar at a green light. She was stopped behind the green light for like 15 sec. w/ an explorer behind her and a huge Mack Dump truck behind the explorer. Well after the light just about turned yellow the Mack truck BLARED its horn. She was already struggling to see over the steering wheel, it was hilarious watching her look into the rear view to try and see wth that loud horn was from.

Spool is cool peeps, he's just messing with you people so get over it
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2008, 12:39 PM   #51
swestland
DVM
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 E92 335i

Blasted.

...it's funny how i got blasted on this board when i mentioned i do 150 on my bike and now that i'm doing 80 i'm still getting blasted. I guess everyone just love to give people advice.[/QUOTE]

No, you are being blasted for your foolish advice.
DRIVE COURTEOUS and INTELLIGENTLY.
      01-11-2008, 12:41 PM   #52
a burrito
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Urus, 958.2 TTS, 997 S

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjnptel1 View Post
you think that's weird.. should have seen me when i first got the E90 and i couldn't figure out how to work the turn signals.

One minute I was signaling left, the next i was signaling right, then left again.. the damn thing would not turn off.
LOL.. I feel ya. I had the same problems
      01-11-2008, 12:57 PM   #53
trick50
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i Space Gray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spool View Post
Look here speed racer, we all share the road. If speed limit is 65, 99% of the time im going with the flow of traffic and is going 80mph. If you are doing a 100 coming up on my ass and start flashing ur high beams as if i'm crawling, i'm gonna slam my brakes...
you should still get out of the way...the left lane is the passing lane and if someone wants to drive 100mph thats there own risk...but why the hell would you slam on your brakes and take the risk of getting rear ended...just get out of the way.

I see where you are coming from...your doing 80 which should be fast enough for the left lane...but I just don't see the point of slamming on your brakes...if that guy hits you and your going 60mph it is not going to be a good time when you spin out and get smashed into by 20 other cars. Just let them be idiots move over and go back in the left lane once they pass.

I just don't see the point of trying to get into an accident.
07 E92 335i,Sport,I-drive,Cold Weather,Bluetooth,Beyern Mesh 19",M-Pedals,Rear Fogs,Gp Thunder,Carbon Roundels,Coming Soon JB2,Vorsteiner Decklid,OEM Aero LipRIP9/8/06-12/11/07 Gone but never forgotten
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2008, 12:58 PM   #54
Spool
Vietnam
Rep
Drives: A few

oh god, please go back a few posts and read...

IM JUST MESSING AROUND...i dont slam my brakes and i dont go slow on the fast lane.

MKIV 6spd 1000hp Club
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2008, 01:47 PM   #55
Remonster
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spool View Post
Look here speed racer, we all share the road. If speed limit is 65, 99% of the time im going with the flow of traffic and is going 80mph. If you are doing a 100 coming up on my ass and start flashing ur high beams as if i'm crawling, i'm gonna slam my brakes...
Just to prove a point: If I'm doing 100 in the left lane and come up on my ass and you don't move over, this means I'm simply going to have to swerve around you on the right and probably weave through a number of other cars.

Don't you think you would be making it a little safer for everyone by just getting the fuck out of the faster cars way instead of being stubborn?

I'm just trying to show why it's truly safer when people treat the left lane as a passing lane (unless when there's sufficient traffic to bring the speed of the entire freeway way down) and not attacking you personally. In America you technically do have the right to stay in the left lane I'm just asking you why you would have to?

Personally I find nothing funnier than the minivan moms (and dads) who get offended when someone is going faster than they are and try to block me (or someone else whose car I'm in) people need to just get over it.

EDIT: I just read the third page but like I said I was never attacking you Spool.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2008, 02:09 PM   #56
MBChariot
HESSEN///M3
Panama
Rep
Drives: TIag E46 ///M3

This discussion is so funny . It does bring up something that gets me riled up. I drove and rode many years on the Autobahn (11 yrs) and I can't understand the laziness of some people in the USA that ride in the left lane and refuse to move over. Texas has the law of passing only in the left lane but it seems like no one can read. I will never come up behind anyone and flash in the USA like I do in Germany, I just wish sometimes people would use more road courtesy.

"A6 direction Saarbrücken"
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2008, 02:44 PM   #57
nub340
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i E92 M-Sport 6MT

In Germany it is common to signal a lane change toward the center median of the road, as if there where another lane to the left of the "fast lane". This is slightly less "offensive" and communicates you would please like to pass. I agree that the left lane SHOULD be used for passing only, and if everyone did, traffic would flow a LOT smoother and we would all get to where we are going a LOT faster and safer. Just because it’s LEGAL to cruise the left lane in the US doesn’t mean there isn’t a better way. Once there IS heavy traffic though, all bets are off!!

R135 │ 2009 335i E92 6MT / LeMans Blue / Black Dakota / Gray Poplar
└┼┼┤ │ Premium / M-Sport / Nav / HD / PDC
.246 │ Heated Seats / iPod+USB / Smartphone Integration
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2008, 02:44 PM   #58
AlanQS
Colonel
Scotland
Rep
Drives: Jaguar XE P250 HSE

Garage List
Actually, if you flash someone in Germany that is considered aggressive driving.

No.1 you should be looking in your rear view mirror and see a car closing and get out of the way. If for some reason you haven't, the faster car will sit behind you for a moment doing nothing in the belief that you will do the right thing and move over. If you still haven't moved he will signal with his left indicator. At this stage, the driver in front is the idiot but the driver, just by indicating, is now being a little impolite. Having to resort to flashing headlights is bad because, whilst in most countries some doughballs really haven't noticed you, on autobahns they know your there.

I drove every year on the autobahns in the late seventies and eighties and the road manners were marvelous - a revelation for me used to the asswipes in Britain. I went back in 1990 and 2004 and I'm afraid, their lane discipline was nowhere near as good as my earlier visits.
I think the reaction to Spool's "wind-up" is a combination of people not reading the whole thread and also, the attitude he was "portraying" gets some people so mad that that is what they are posting about rather than to Spool as an individual.
A Scotsman's 2 cents worth
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2008, 05:30 PM   #59
AcMilan714
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 328i, e36 325is.

Ill throw my change out my window.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2008, 05:35 PM   #60
e92law
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e70

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomwid View Post
You guys are a bunch of assh*ls. If you're driving slow in the fast lane, you should move over for the faster car and deserve to get flashed.

Surprised to see the dangerous posts disagreeing. You guys actually slam on your brakes? Why?! Upset that someone wants to drive faster than you? Don’t get it.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2008, 05:39 PM   #61
e92law
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e70

BTW: I have tested other methods, blinker, flashing fogs, and in my experience flashing your fogs elicits the quickest reaction.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2008, 11:12 PM   #62
ChineseGuy
QuickShifter
Rep
Drives: Black E90

Wow...i wish i was in US

in Canada, not many people understand the left-lane passing rule...

you would see more people on the left lane than in the right...right on speed limit or even slower sometimes...

i've also seen two trucks traveling at the same speed side by side on a 2 lane traffic...

i personally don't blink or flash or whatever...i usually cut that person off, go in front of him and go below speed limit by a great amount...

kind of a "taste your own medicine" treatment
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2008, 11:17 PM   #63
NaTuReB0Y