BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

BPM

04-05-2013, 09:26 AM   #133
Chriskm3
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: M3

At the end of the day, if you run the RB kit cool. If you run the Brembos like I have, that's great as well. But to come on here upset because they haven't produced a part that you want and then the next day start selling your car isn't really fair if you ask me.[/QUOTE

This is funny to me. /\
Once again you state what is not correct. I am not upset that they have not produced a part that I WANT but part that I was promised. And that promise was the whole reason for my purchase. I would not purchase the front caliper rotors and rear rotors if I was waiting for my 4 pot caliper.
Secondly, my decision to part the car or to sell it has no infulance how this should play out.
You are funny.
Vf supercharger + tune/H&R coils/ Akra evolution exhaust/Volk te37/ Rs-3 tires/ Brembos /TIal BOV/ OSS blacked out headlights/LUX v3/Led taillights/ Challenge Front lip/ P3 vent gauge/ F10 m5 shift mob/Matte black front grills/ And a funky air fresher
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2013, 09:28 AM   #134
THE TECH
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: BPMsport 2012 E92 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriskm3 View Post
This is the second time you mentioned time frame. I am aware of issues and possible delays when developing a new kit. Maybe you should reread the messeges again. The issue for me is Not the time frame. The issue for me is that I was promised same caliper for the rear as the front. And mid production it is switched to a 2 pot caliper. How is this not an obvious issue!! The reason why I bought this kit is because of the exposure on this thread started by the op.
Prior to this posting I had no idea who they were. If I am not mistaken I am the first and only customer that was gained by this posting. Why should I vary my expectations of the product when I was told differently upon time of purchase.
And NO. I am not referring to time line of production completion.
You do not understand that creditibility is earned not assumed. And as you can see its easily demaged buy empty promises.
Stalker once said he was amazed by how quickly the facts of questionable quality were quickly redirected to benefits of additional weight saving. Now I can see what he meant.
In regards to my part out- am I only intitled to a complete advertised product only if I decide to keep their product ? Or is it the principal.
Why is it that robm gets what he paid for and I do not have that option.
Quote:
At the end of the day, if you run the RB kit cool. If you run the Brembos like I have, that's great as well. But to come on here upset because they haven't produced a part that you want and then the next day start selling your car isn't really fair if you ask me.[/QUOTE

This is funny to me. /\
Once again you state what is not correct. I am not upset that they have not produced a part that I WANT but part that I was promised. And that promise was the whole reason for my purchase. I would not purchase the front caliper rotors and rear rotors if I was waiting for my 4 pot caliper.
Secondly, my decision to part the car or to sell it has no infulance how this should play out.
You are funny.
No problem. You didn't get what you want and I understand. Good luck with your sale.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2013, 09:43 AM   #135
Chriskm3
Colonel
Canada
Rep

Bbk

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE TECH View Post
No problem. You didn't get what you want and I understand. Good luck with your sale.
Sale is just a feeler. It's not 100 percent. Chances of selling the supercharger are very slim in my area and trading the car in with it results in a massive loss. So sale is most likely not Gona happen.
Why shouldn't I get what I want. ? Stoptech ap brambo all deliver a 4 pot. Why is that too much to expect. ? It's not like RB kit is cheaper than Stoptech but delivers less ? Forget about me. I'm already in a loss but why should the next member purchase their kit? When competition delivers more for less
Why racing brake makes an exception for another forum member and provides him with a 4 pot rear caliper but fails to extend this favour to me.? I purchased te rear rotors under premise that a 4 pot caliper is to follow. Now I have to loose over 1000 and buy a different rear kit.
Vf supercharger + tune/H&R coils/ Akra evolution exhaust/Volk te37/ Rs-3 tires/ Brembos /TIal BOV/ OSS blacked out headlights/LUX v3/Led taillights/ Challenge Front lip/ P3 vent gauge/ F10 m5 shift mob/Matte black front grills/ And a funky air fresher
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2013, 09:50 AM   #136
THE TECH
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Sale is just a feeler. It's not 100 percent. Chances of selling the supercharger are very slim in my area and trading the car in with it results in a massive loss. So sale is most likely not Gona happen.
Why shouldn't I get what I want. ? Stoptech ap brambo all deliver a 4 pot. Why is that too much to expect. ? It's not like RB kit is cheaper than Stoptech but delivers less ? Forget about me. I'm already in a loss but why should the next member purchase their kit? When competition delivers more for less
You should definitely get what you want, no question there.

Saying that the competition delivers more for less is speculation though based solely on caliper style. You are assuming that just because one is 4pot and the other is 2pot that it automatically means the performance is better. Like I mentioned previously through conversations with RB, he believes that his 2pot will outperform any of the 4pot ones on the market. Now I don't have any hard data one way or the other just that he convinced me that he knew what he was doing. His philosophy is more about the performance and not the aesthetics of it. I believe this is why they have strayed away from a 4pot rear as he believes it's overkill.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2013, 10:00 AM   #137
Chriskm3
Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
You should definitely get what you want, no question there.

Saying that the competition delivers more for less is speculation though based solely on caliper style. You are assuming that just because one is 4pot and the other is 2pot that it automatically means the performance is better. Like I mentioned previously through conversations with RB, he believes that his 2pot will outperform any of the 4pot ones on the market. Now I don't have any hard data one way or the other just that he convinced me that he knew what he was doing. His philosophy is more about the performance and not the aesthetics of it. I believe this is why they have strayed away from a 4pot rear as he believes it's overkill.
This is where we actually agree.
Never even once have I questioned their quality or performance. I am
Very happy with the stopping power. Performance is not in question with me nor is the quality. It comes down to delivering what promised. To you it's simply 2 pot vs 4 pot performance. To me it's mostly about aestetics. I do not like how the company fails to deliver what promised and I hate the way a small two pot caliper presents its self. I expect RB to make an exception for me aswell and produce a 4 pot for my setup. Otherwise I have to consider it a loss and consider a 4300 purchase a total waste and purchase a different kit. Being forced into this position is what angers me.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2013, 10:02 AM   #138
THE TECH
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
This is where we actually agree.
Never even once have I questioned their quality or performance. I am
Very happy with the stopping power. Performance is not in question with me nor is the quality. It comes down to delivering what promised. To you it's simply 2 pot vs 4 pot performance. To me it's mostly about aestetics. I do not like how the company fails to deliver what promised and I hate the way a small two pot caliper presents its self. I expect RB to make an exception for me aswell and produce a 4 pot for my setup. Otherwise I have to consider it a loss and consider a 4300 purchase a total waste and purchase a different kit. Being forced into this position is what angers me.
If they promised a 4pot setup and didn't deliver then I would be upset too. But to expect that they make you a one off kit is a bit ridiculous. I'm sorry your experience with them hasn't been pleasant.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2013, 10:06 AM   #139
Chriskm3
Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
If they promised a 4pot setup and didn't deliver then I would be upset too. But to expect that they make you a one off kit is a bit ridiculous. I'm sorry your experience with them hasn't been pleasant.
Yes they did promise a 4 pot for the rear. I received a call for
Alex when my original purchase was made and he assured me in 3 months time
4 pot caliper identical to the front will be developed for the rear. That's when I proceeded with the order. I though I made myself clear on this in previous posts
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2013, 10:11 AM   #140
Chriskm3
Colonel
Canada
Rep

They handles this situation differently with another member. Read their posts please
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-05-2013, 02:58 PM   #141
r53s65e90
United_States
Rep
Drives: r53 s65e90

2 piston caliper in the back should be interesting. The rear piston needs to have a ~46mm diameter. Stoptech, even though they have a 2 piston caliper ST-22, it only can go up to a piston size of 42mm. Hence they just use their well known ST-40 caliper with 4 pistons. I would like to see how this will turn out technically: a 47mm pad with a huge piston.

http://forums.racingbrake.com/showpo...33&postcount=8

But what do I know?...
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2013, 11:12 AM   #142
M3SQRD
Major General
Rep
Drives: E92 M3,G20 330ix,F22 240iX,F82

What is RB offering that no other brake manufacturer is offereing - Is it a multiple-piston caliper that works with stock size rotors?

I agree with r53s65e90, a 2-piston caliper on the rear of the e9x M3 should be very interesting!
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2013, 07:47 PM   #143
Raucky2000
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: SGM E90 M3 dct

Yeah time will tell huh....
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2013, 08:30 PM   #144
mshahidz
Major
Rep
Drives: M4, 991 GT3

Regardless of all the noise in this thread, RB promised something and did not deliver. It is as simple as that. Very poor behavior IMO, and I am yet to hear or read of any apology. Even that image from post#140 shows absolutely no apology. I don't see myself ever looking into an RB product-i googled for more information and there are other members on various forums complaining about poor service, brake failures (!!!) and lack of communication.
      04-07-2013, 10:11 PM   #145
Chriskm3
Colonel
Canada
Rep

Some update. Racing brake send me an email indicating a refund will be allowed. Great news. I have emailed back confirming a refund since my kit has been installed since february. No response yet...this is professional. I'm glad I was wrong.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2013, 06:03 PM   #146
Raucky2000
Lieutenant
Rep

Wow...I'm shocked they are offering you a refund. I've raced for years and that's almost unheard of on used "wear" products.

I'm impressed with RB.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2013, 07:48 PM   #147
The HACK
Midlife Crises Racing Silent but Deadly Class
Rep
Drives: 2006 MZ4C, 2021 Tesla Model 3

I've had RB rotors and calipers on various cars I've owned and tracked extensively and have not had a single issue with their products. I've had their 4 piston front caliper on their 2 piece rotors on my '04 350Z, and that car has had brake issues (well, fade mostly, but it would eat through a set of track pads in 4-5 sessions) until I upgraded to RB's "kit." Then the car was sold to someone in Maryland (and made a cross country journey) and survived multiple blown engines and to this day still runs the same 4 piston RB kit since 2005 on both drag strips and various local road courses.

I've had RB rotors on my MZ4 Coupe since new in 2006, and back then I used to do up to 20 days a year at some of the more demanding braking tracks, California Speedway, Buttonwillow, Laguna Seca...etc. Nearly 7 years later, I've finally had to swap out the front rotor TODAY because, well, the new rear rotors come in the open slot design and I want the front and rear to match (okay, the creative/designer in me can't stand not having matched rotor front and back for the last 7 years). And the front rotor looks like it COULD go another year before replacing. At least.

I'm not here to dispute the other claims, but offering another datapoint. I've PERSONALLY have had very positive experience with RB products for the last 9 years.
Sitting on a beat-up office chair in front of a 5 year old computer in a basement floor, sipping on stale coffee watching a bunch of meaningless numbers scrolling aimlessly on a dimly lit 19” monitor.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2013, 08:29 PM   #148
Chriskm3
Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by The HACK View Post

I've had RB rotors and calipers on various cars I've owned and tracked extensively and have not had a single issue with their products. I've had their 4 piston front caliper on their 2 piece rotors on my '04 350Z, and that car has had brake issues (well, fade mostly, but it would eat through a set of track pads in 4-5 sessions) until I upgraded to RB's "kit." Then the car was sold to someone in Maryland (and made a cross country journey) and survived multiple blown engines and to this day still runs the same 4 piston RB kit since 2005 on both drag strips and various local road courses.

I've had RB rotors on my MZ4 Coupe since new in 2006, and back then I used to do up to 20 days a year at some of the more demanding braking tracks, California Speedway, Buttonwillow, Laguna Seca...etc. Nearly 7 years later, I've finally had to swap out the front rotor TODAY because, well, the new rear rotors come in the open slot design and I want the front and rear to match (okay, the creative/designer in me can't stand not having matched rotor front and back for the last 7 years). And the front rotor looks like it COULD go another year before replacing. At least.

I'm not here to dispute the other claims, but offering another datapoint. I've PERSONALLY have had very positive experience with RB products for the last 9 years.
Thank you for your feed back. But my view is alitle different.
Any brake company has to develop a working brake system. Otherwise it will never survive the first year in
Business. So yes, racing brake has a line of decent products that have been around for many years. What is more important is how the company deals with unpredicted problems that arise with customers. This is where they establish a reputation. So in my case. I was promised a 4 pot caliper at time of purchase and it was not delivered as promised. So by allowing a refund only seems logical since the purchase would never take place if such promise was never made. There are few posts out there indicating racing brake refusing a replacement and developing a leaking caliper: to which I did not experience myself. My only quarrel is with the way racing brake went about my deal period. I expect racing brake to step up and correct my issue. This is what I expect from a professional company. If not then, racing brake will never gain the respect that their competition acquired. I am sure if brembo or ap racing made a promise that could not delive they would take care of it ASAP before it hits the Internet.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2013, 12:52 AM   #149
The HACK
Midlife Crises Racing Silent but Deadly Class
Rep
Drives: 2006 MZ4C, 2021 Tesla Model 3

I'm not here to dispute any of that. Believe you me, I used to work for a giant in the automotive aftermarket industry, so I know how these development cycles work. And I am now an avid consumer so I've been on BOTH sides of the fense.

All I am going to say is, while I worked at the aforementioned aftermarket giant, in my entire tenure we've NEVER released a product on the schedule Engineering gave us. Meanwhile, the sharks smell blood in the water and we had to feed them something. It is a delicate balancing act, and believe you me, the 'Merkin Muscle crowd is 1,000x more crazy than you bunch and 10x more entitled. At the end of the day, either Engineering is pissed off at me for promising something they can't deliver, or the customer is pissed at me for being, I quote, a f**king c*ck tease. And with a straight face.

Did they handle your case with the best result? I can't say. I don't work with them, and if I do, I may or may not do things differently. But that's me. All I can say is, they've treated me pretty damn good and with utmost respect, and not because of my prior working relation with the industry giant...but mostly because I understood their business practices within the industry and was more than willing to work with them to work out the little details.

At the end of the day, no one is out to screw anyone on purpose, IMO.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2013, 09:42 AM   #150
Raucky2000
Lieutenant
Rep

^Very true
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2013, 09:55 PM   #151
Chriskm3
Colonel
Canada
Rep

I had some updates on the return.. Fortunately for racing brake their policy states that a product can be returned within 30 days of purchase with a 20 percent restocking charge.
Wtf. Why can these guys get their shit together. You have my info on file and you know exactly how long it has been since my original order has been placed. Why do they indicate a possible refund then a week later reply with this shit. I am getting really sick of being dicked around.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2013, 10:29 PM   #152
PandaM3
Captain
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
I had some updates on the return.. Fortunately for racing brake their policy states that a product can be returned within 30 days of purchase with a 20 percent restocking charge.
Wtf. Why can these guys get their shit together. You have my info on file and you know exactly how long it has been since my original order has been placed. Why do they indicate a possible refund then a week later reply with this shit. I am getting really sick of being dicked around.
Join the club... I've had very bad experiences with Racing Brake in the past... I will never go with RB ever again.

Poor quality products and even worse customer service... pm me as to what kind of experiences I had if you want...

If I where you, cut your losses and just take the 20% hit... get a real BBK such as Stoptech or Brembo
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2013, 08:00 PM   #153
Chriskm3
Colonel
Canada
Rep

Here is the latest update from end of march. I received an email stating a refund will be issued. Here is the pic. I'm following it up with them and I hope I RB will honour their second promise.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-22-2013, 08:40 PM   #154
Chriskm3
Colonel
Canada
Rep

Bbk for sale. Return of complete kit not approved. What a shocker.
Appreciate 0