BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

EXXEL Distributions

09-20-2010, 08:06 PM   #1
///Mikey F80
Aspiring Hoonigan...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 ///M3 [MW|CB]

Garage List
Possible to custom-order Mineral White on an E90 M3??

I was just wondering if y'all thought it would be possible to custom-order an E90 M3 with Mineral White paint. I figured this would be unique, but not as special as say, Brilliant White, so it might be easier to do, the wait may not be as long and it may be a little cheaper. Do you think I'm right? They offer them on all E92s and E93s except for the 335is models, so it's not like a rare individual paint color like Brilliant White is.

Thoughts? Opinions? Suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

"It's a yobbo, yobbo, yobbo... But we like that in an M3 don't we?"
-Chris Harris
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2010, 09:37 PM   #2
quiksi
Captain
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: E90

Garage List
it's possible, but I don't see it being any less expensive than the $5k they want for any other individual color

2011 E90 M3 6mt AW/Speed Cloth - ZCP, Moonroof, non-iDrive - PCD 12/9/10
Painted reflectors, matte black grills/gills, Deansbimmer Belly Pan, DEI Alarm, Homelink/compass retrofit, Passport MAX2 Hardwire, GP Thunder 8500K, modmy3 LED interior, Dinan Mufflers, HRE P40 19" Satin Charcoal, Michelin PS4S
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2010, 09:39 PM   #3
NYCMCBM3
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2012 MCB E92 M3

i think its a standard color now
      09-20-2010, 10:18 PM   #4
Poppin Fresh
Colonel
Philippines
Rep
Drives: With a sunroof and front plate

Quote:
Originally Posted by NycE93M3 View Post
i think its a standard color now
I said the same thing until re-read the post. It's only available for the E92 and E93. I don't see why they can't do it for the E90.

Even within the company, there's just no love for the E90, and that's a damn shame. The look has grown on me and I'm loving the aggressive stance.
      09-20-2010, 10:31 PM   #5
Scoobe
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 Sedan SSII/SN/DCT

Garage List
2011 E90 M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppin Fresh View Post
I said the same thing until re-read the post. It's only available for the E92 and E93. I don't see why they can't do it for the E90.

Even within the company, there's just no love for the E90, and that's a damn shame. The look has grown on me and I'm loving the aggressive stance.
It really is too bad they are ditching the 4 door M3. Within it's competition, its a clear winner I think and most reviewers agree. Once the F3X comes out, Merc, Cadillac, and Lexus will be doing the happy dance as they pick up a couple thousand extra C63/IS-F/CTS-V sales a year.
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2010, 11:04 PM   #6
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppin Fresh View Post

It's got nothing to do with the M3, really. It's just that Mineral white was added to the 3 series coupe and convertible as a standard color in June, but not the 3 series sedan and touring. Thus, only the M3 coupe and convertible get the color as well. This was the same case originally for Space Gray. It was only available for the M3 coupe and convertible because it was not available on the 3 series sedan/touring. It was added as an option to the M3 sedan when it became available for the 3 series sedan and wagon (which happened with the LCI).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobe View Post
It really is too bad they are ditching the 4 door M3. Within it's competition, its a clear winner I think and most reviewers agree. Once the F3X comes out, Merc, Cadillac, and Lexus will be doing the happy dance as they pick up a couple thousand extra C63/IS-F/CTS-V sales a year.
There may be no current plans for an F30 M3, but I would not count out an M3 version of the rumored F3x Gran Coupe. You lose the rear center seat, but you keep the rear doors, and you gain a coupe profile.
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2010, 11:22 PM   #7
Scoobe
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 Sedan SSII/SN/DCT

Garage List
2011 E90 M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
There may be no current plans for an F30 M3, but I would not count out an M3 version of the rumored F3x Gran Coupe. You lose the rear center seat, but you keep the rear doors, and you gain a coupe profile.
Hope your right. When I first read the quote I thought they said no "sedan". Later on I went back and read "no 4 door". I'm hoping its the former. A gran coupe would be pretty cool imo. Coupe lines with 4 doors could grab a bit of the coupe sales.
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2010, 12:13 AM   #8
NYCMCBM3
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2012 MCB E92 M3

its makes no sense to offer it on the E92 and 93 and not the E90

i just dont get it
      09-21-2010, 12:28 AM   #9
esquire
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 Dakar Yellow M3, 2018 M5

Quote:

i just dont get it
unfortunately, it doesn't need to make sense. they've done it before with the e46 m3 - only a coupe and vert offered. at the end of the day, i'm sure they've crunched their numbers and decided that releasing a 4 door M3 doesn't make $ense.

@mkoesel - normally i'd say no chance of an M3 Gran Coupe coming to see the light of day, as i envision the gran coupe appealing to a more limited market segment than the 4 door. but now, after seeing the x5M and x6M, nothing would shock me.

[ESS VT2-625] [Akrapovic Evolution Exhaust] [KW Clubsports] [OSS Angel Eyes] [Revinora r-CRT Lip]
[Vorsteiner Boot] [Challenge Race Diffuser] [See the Build Thread HERE]
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2010, 01:51 AM   #10
biglare
Bulldog
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW & Porsche

I am sure that BMW of Austin can get you the color and model you want. I custom ordered my BW through them and a previous M3 I ordered had custom euro options. They are great and can most likely order what you want!

PM me for more info!

GTS
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2010, 02:22 AM   #11
crackberry
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Porsche Carrera GTS (997.2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by esquire View Post
unfortunately, it doesn't need to make sense. they've done it before with the e46 m3 - only a coupe and vert offered. at the end of the day, i'm sure they've crunched their numbers and decided that releasing a 4 door M3 doesn't make $ense.

@mkoesel - normally i'd say no chance of an M3 Gran Coupe coming to see the light of day, as i envision the gran coupe appealing to a more limited market segment than the 4 door. but now, after seeing the x5M and x6M, nothing would shock me.

Quote:

i just dont get it
i still dont believe it. why no sedan? doesnt make any sense. the e90 looks great. maybe they are just fibbing?
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2010, 07:20 AM   #12
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Quote:

i just dont get it
It might not make sense at first, but I provided the rationale above.

Quote:
Yeah. FWIW, that info based on something SCOTT had said in the past, including the part about the possible M3 Gran Coupe. Personally I think it will happen. A four-door coupe, while seemingly a redundant form factor when you already have the sedan on the same platform, is at least a cool car with the potential to offer the same performance as the tradional coupe but with mroe utility (not that a sedan doesn't offer the same performance too, I meant vs. some other outlandish thing like a 3 series GT and X4, both of which are probably coming as well).
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2010, 06:03 PM   #13
///Mikey F80
Aspiring Hoonigan...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 ///M3 [MW|CB]

Garage List
I have a salesman at my local dealership looking into it. He sorta has the same thoughts as I do, but we'll see. If he can't do it I'll just contact BMW of Austin and see what's up. I like mineral white because it's not as noticeably metallic as brilliant white, but honestly I still like Brilliant White better. If it ends up being just as expensive and just as long of a wait as a brilliant white car would be, I'll probably get BW instead...?

"It's a yobbo, yobbo, yobbo... But we like that in an M3 don't we?"
-Chris Harris
Appreciate 0